It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:21 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I recently just got on a suboxone program costing like 300 dollars. THen to fill the perscription even alot more. SO my doc i guess doesnt do drug urines in office and was told to go to a lab. 11 panel test both places my insurance wont pay. its like 1100 dollars one place. IM telling my doc this but i dont want them to stop me or anything cause of this. I mean cant they administer just an opiate urine test to see if im hot so its cheaper or something. THE lab lady said the more drugs tested for the more money seems its 100 per drug. wow . My insurance is cheat too. But i followed the other things my doctor told me needed to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow 1100 dollars thats ridiculous! I do my UAs in office doctors office and it costs me 20 dollars. If I were you I would start looking for another doctor immediately. Do you know how often you are going to be tested? I would call the doctor and just tell him there is no way you can afford that and ask him if you have any other options. If he says no I would immediately start calling around to other doctors. You could also maybe call your insurance company and see if there are any places where you could take your test that they will cover.

It's too bad really that doctors want to put life saving treatment so far out of reach for so many people. I mean would it really hurt him to charge you twenty dollars and give you an in office 5 dollar drug test? No it wouldn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Unfortunately by that doctors methods., Many addicts will die because getting treatment will be too expensive. Its a shame that there are not easier or cheaper methods to treat drug addiction. I hope you find another doctor to treat you and it is priced fairly.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess doctors have their ways of doing things, but i also feel like this is what happens when you see a doctor that knows very little about addiction at all. They try to overcompensate to cover their ass. They make SURE the patients they do have aren't using ANYTHING else and are taking around the right amount of sub. It makes perfect sense if you really think about it. Does it suck and keep addicts from getting help? Yes.

My long time doctor works out of an addiction/behavioral medicine center. This is fabulous for suboxone treatment. He is very knowledgeable about addiction and somewhat about suboxone. He makes sure that patients not only take suboxone, but go to meetings and really do something to change their behaviors and ideas. It's really good... If you take advantage of it, listen, and do what is asked of you.... Also be honest. Those that choose to use and lie. Get booted. Those that choose to lie about their recovery, not go to any meetings, try to change anything, sell suboxone, basically just take suboxone and leave... Seem to always struggle and live in a constant circular cycle.

So.

It's up to the doctor. But. Their are lots of other doctors. My old doctor that I was referring to first... Charged out the ass and made you take like 3 different tests every time you tested. Sucked. But I see why he did it. Scared away a lot of shady low life's from using him to get suboxone to put on the streets or give him the run around somehow.

Good luck to you.