It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

reason why i wrote this is for the one that do not have the practical simple enough mind to control long term sub treatment
and now STUCK. the answer to this person is more treatment more / more/ more witch can turn on them and become less much less in the future and can be very danger's for the patient. i have noticed this and i am getting out of control with
how much i take daily. and care less about any more long term treatment and i no to stop the treatment would be worse.
so there's no more i can say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi johnboy :wink:

sorry your having a hard time. I dont really 'get' what your trying to say with your post, other than pointing out that with a methadone clinic, you get your dose every day, and with suboxone, you get it two weeks/month at a time.

And your right, that leaves us addicts to our 'own devices' during that time. I dont think its an uncommon thing, to run out of suboxone early sometimes. Especially in the begining, or when somebody isnt working on the other aspects of recovery. Things happen in our lives all the time that cause us stress/worry/anxiety. And our first 'go to' is to medicate ourselves, since when we were using, that always worked before.

distraction has been KEY, for me. When I feel like I need to do something to take the 'edge' off, whether that be take more suboxone or something else, I try and do something to take my mind of everything else. Its worked fairly well so far. Lately Ive been reading. I never tried really reading before. In school, of course. but outside of that I probably havent read three books my whole adult life.
LATELY though, Ive read about four, in the last 6 months.

Hang in there man, I know you can do this.

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i am some what getting at how we can speak here on the forum and hope i don't too harshly :lol: and ya i hate to read or type
and i have my own music studio and built a solar scooter this summer and prob- would not have on suboxone.
it's not me to do so". it's just not me. but that's ok i guess! some times i feel like a robot and every one treats me like one also.