It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:54 am 

Put a lite coating of Ora Gel on your gums and wait ten minutes.
Should take care of gum pain at least..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:55 pm 

You know what your post makes you sound like? An ambulance chasing shark. Let's recoup some of that money you are owed?? Assuming we are all entitled much?

You have obviously never been an opiate addict or you would know the desperation some of us have felt before we could get our lives straightened out while on suboxone or one of its forms. This medication has saved a ton of lives! Now I'm no fan of Reckitt Benckiser, and their greedy practices, but I'm no happier with someone who might be trying to take suboxone off the shelves in pharmacies.

You know who don't care about their teeth? Dead people. And when you're messing with opiate addicts' access to treatment, you are creating dead people.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have this same issue. I have receding gums because of suboxone and am 24. I am worried about losing my teeth and have contacted a lawyer. He is connected to some of the best lawyers in the country that specialize in this type of case. Contact me via PM to help be a lead client in this case. My lawyer want to speak to you so we can try to get compensation for our pain. Please contact me! I need 3-4 more people. But the more the better

Edited by Amy to take out an email link. Anyone who wants to respond to this poster can send him a PM. That conversation should not take place on the public part of this forum.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:40 pm 

I have had some significant work done on my teeth in the last year. My dentist told me that I have opioid induced dry mouth disorder. This was from all my years of abusing opiates, not specific to suboxone alone. But who would you sue for taking oxy or heroin that caused the same thing? No one to sue! So you choose to blame the company that makes suboxone instead. I can't see how this isn't ambulance chasing.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Everyone going to join a class action suit against their previous drug dealer?

The guy I bought my pills from passed away...

I'm hoping someone here can loan me THEIR dealer so I can join the class action suit and get some money for pain...

BTW...how much money is pain worth? Is it a sliding scale?

I have top and bottom plates...so can I get like a couple thousand for each tooth?
Maybe like...$1000 per tooth.... times 32...that sounds great, $32,000...

I'm still wow..at this.

edit:

I had to use the proper word...I wasn't paying attention when I posted yesterday...but it sure stood out to me today!

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by jonathanm1978 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:16 am 

You know Jonathan, we've been talking a lot lately about people not taking responsibility for their own actions. We've gotten posters lately who claim victim status for various reasons. "My doctor didn't force me to taper...", "I would have been better off doing a two week rehab...", etc.

Maybe I should sue my pain doctor who I scammed into prescribing me tons of opioid medications! He should have known that I was lying!

I have to admit that for half a second I was interested. I've had to spend a ton of money on my teeth. It would be nice to be able to blame someone and recoup some of my expenses. My next thought, though, was what would ceding my own acknowledgment of responsibility do to my soul and sense of self respect? It seems that there are far too many people in this country who don't value honesty or a sense of fair play. Look at what the large banks did to this country, almost burying us in a economic depression without any indication of individual or corporate guilt.

I don't want to be a part of that.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It would be great if personal responsibility was as easy as hiring a lawyer to resolve (or dissolve rather)...

People get so high during active addiction they can't even remember their name, let alone to brush their teeth once or twice a week. So it's obvious that has nothing to do with their teeth rotting out...nope. It's the life-saving medication they start taking years after they've abused their bodies beyond repair...

That sounds perfectly feasible to me.

/smartass off.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:14 pm 

jonathanm1978 wrote:
It would be great if personal responsibility was as easy as hiring a lawyer to resolve (or dissolve rather)...

People get so high during active addiction they can't even remember their name, let alone to brush their teeth once or twice a week. So it's obvious that has nothing to do with their teeth rotting out...nope. It's the life-saving medication they start taking years after they've abused their bodies beyond repair...

That sounds perfectly feasible to me.

/smartass off.

You make me chuckle. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:55 am 

Whenever this thread gets another post I cringe. But yet again we have good information from our members.

Back many years ago I was diagnosed with gum disease. My mother and siblings also had it so I figured it was genetic. They told me I needed gum surgery or I'd lose my teeth before hitting 50. One hygienist instructed me how to properly floss, etc, and my gums healed w/o surgery. My assumption was that it was due to my drinking and passing out before brushing my teeth.

Now I come to the point. Just a month ago I was told by a neighbor that the most common cause of gum disease is due to smoking. I had smoked since I was 12 and quit about the same time as my gum problem so I didn't connect the dots. After doing a Google search I found out he was right. So, the question is, do you smoke? If so, blame that first, then the opiates.

And FYI, I still have all my teeth after passing 50, years ago.

rule