It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I look to get some advice, and place some pressure on moderators (who don't seem bashful
To comment).
I submitted into an outpatient detox suboxone plan three months ago. The physician has been pressuring
Me to attend outpaitient substance abuse therapy from our 2nd appt(when I explained I am on probation for
Prescription forgery). Substance abuse therapy is also a requirement of my probation.

Last week, I made it known to my doctor that I am unhappy about suboxone therapy.
But he is requiring me to attend this substance abuse therapy prior to tapering me off
The program.

This morning I called to register into iop class. I was rejected admission because of the use of
Suboxone, and informed I had to be completely abstinent, and would be tested during my therapy.

Now what?

I want to get clean as I feel suboxone just has me in a suspended and undermanaged case of opiate burnout.
I am chronic pain as well, with lumbar pain from degenerative disc disease.

Confused.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well donechasing,

There are some treatment centers that will not allow the use of suboxone and some who do. You just need to call around and ask.

My treatment place does not care at all.They take the stance that medication use is between the client and their doctor. I find this place to be pretty progressive and I'm learning alot.

I guess you need to decide if sub is worth it for you. You say you dont feel great on it but you do have some chronic pain. How is sub working for your pain?

I guess the first thing to focus on is finding a treatment place that will take you. That will satisfy your doctor and the court. Then you have more options regarding tapering.

Good luck!

Post subject: Happy to be an addict
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The pain was never resolved by the full agonists that got me in trouble. But at least on oxy for instance I was in pain
And happy, not mentally challenged and emotion flat to depressed.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: In Conflict
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:44 pm 

Hey DC,

Can you get the two together to discuss your treatment? I would tell the Dr. exactly what you said here and see what he wants you to do. It may just be enrolling in a different substance abuse program that accepts patients on Suboxone, if there is such a program.

Do you have any idea on how to treat your pain w/o full agonists or Suboxone? What about Methadone? Somehow I doubt your probation requirements would allow that one, although they should. Same thing with the abuse program. But you deserve to have your pain treated just like everyone else, regardless of the addiction issue. It just needs to be monitored a little better.

Rule

Post subject: Pain
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Done chasing,
One side effect with opiate addiction is pain. One thing I have learned post addiction is that doctors WAY over prescribe pain meds. Opiates were originally designed for post surgery or emergency pain..NOT long term pain. When people take the. Long term they become addicted and it cause the pain to be worse. Most people will agree here that when they stop with the pain meds, they hurt like hell. Get on Mobic and other anti inflammatory drugs and learn to deal with the pain. I understand that it is too late because you, like me are already on subs. Also, after reading several of your posts I think you would benefit from seeing a therapist. I licensed PHD. (Wont we all). I think you would feel better and you will progress big time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Another case of the.... At least oxy made me happy but suboxone makes me sad..... Oxy didn't let you feel ANYTHING and suboxone allows you to feel to a certain point.... If not everything in the emotional spectrum. This is why I think so many blame suboxone. Because they felt "great" on oxy due to the euphoria and emotional uplift but now they get zero euphoria and get to feel feelings. It's tough. But it's not just the suboxone itself... It's the person as well. These are the reasons why programs like iop are so helpful. Help you work on yourself. So you can try to live happy and clean. But also how to handle these negative feelings and emotions.