It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Being Monitored
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:13 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Nice point TCH. I always wondered why I didn't get arrested for doctor shopping years ago. My main doctor said he reads a report every month and see's who is taking what narcotic. Got me very nervous but not arrested. Luckily I got on Bupe before getting busted.

BD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In our state, hydrocodone is already schedule 2 due to abuse.

Never say never guys.

Regardless of all this. It isn't an excuse to just look the other way. No matter if they take it because they want to get better or not. If they really wanted to get better, they wouldn't be buying it on the street.

Just saying. Be responsible and do what you can to fight diversion.

It's giving us such a bad name just for taking it.

Every arrest around here that deals with opiates always has some suboxone in it. They never mention what the other opiates are... Only suboxone!

So it is out there, getting worse, and making folks in the public look at folks who take suboxone like they are criminals or even shittier addicts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

From what I understand, Hydrocodone is already Schedule II in NY state and there was a bill introduced to congress about a month ago that would make Hydrocodone Schedule II everywhere......I believe Hydrocodone is being considered Schedule II not only for its abuse potential, but because of the overdose deaths related to it.

As for Suboxone, DATA 2000 permits qualified physicians to obtain a waiver from the separate registration requirements of the Narcotic Addict Treatment Act to treat opioid addiction with Schedule III, IV, and V opioid medications or combinations of such medications that have been specifically approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for that indication. If Suboxone did go Schedule II, apparently it would no longer be covered by DATA 2000 to treat addiction, but again, I still find this course of action to be highly unlikely because of the limited abuse potential of Suboxone, the very low number of deaths associated with Suboxone and Reckitt Benckisers PR machine.

Also, if Hydrocodone were to go Schedule II, maybe that would help curb the opiate epidemic here in the U.S. and there would be less need for Suboxone, which would mean less availability of it on the streets.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thank you all for the input. I've learned quite abit. Points of view I could not see though my own mind and eyes. I suppose in my own little world here I have what it seemed to be much diversity. However,tch an Romeo have brought up the scale as maybe not as horrible. Ok, well as I said before, live and let live. . My suboxone clinic will not receive my help but my recovering addicts will. My Na friends an I call it being of service... oh, don't get me wrong, I still don't like it, but I'm not as alarmed as I was.... love this forum..

Post subject: hydrocodone schedules
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:58 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I made some calls and it turns out that New York has rescheduled hydrocodone from CIII to CII as of February 23rd 2013. Hydrocodone up to 15mg per unit in combo products is still federally listed as a CIII drug and as stand-alone products (none of which exist at this point) or hydrocodone dosages over 15mg per unit (also none of which I'm aware of except perhaps via compounding pharmacies) as CII. Each state has the ability to reclassify medications up in schedule; this can be seen with tramadol and soma which are still for the most part unscheduled and are indeed unscheduled federally but many states have reclassified them as CV, CIV and even CIII. Where I am and in all surrounding states hydrocodone products are still CIII. So I stand (partially) corrected!

T

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just read an article online by the la times concerning hydrocodone schedualing, and it stated that hydrocodone was the most widly prescribe medication in the nation. Not the most widly prescribed narcotic, but the most widly prescribed MEDICATION in the nation. I knew prescription drug abuse was becoming an epidemic in this nation but the most widley prescribe medication is an OPIATE. The area im from in upatate new york is flooded with hydrocodone, almost anyone could obtain them if they wanted to. I def believe this issue with reckless prescribing needs to be addressed somehow, im not sure exactly how but its becoming a growing problem.

At the beginning stages of my addiction i used mostly hydrocodone bought off the street. I was not even aware at first that narcotics pain medication was derived from the very same plant as heroin (I was very young and inexpirenced). Had heroin been offered to me i would have never tried it knowing the potential for addiction and haveing been scared by the typical junkies you would see in a movie like trainspotting or something (im not knocking anyone whos addiction began with heroin right from the start, i have myself used it later on in my addiction a few time when nothing else was around) My point though is that i would not wish addiction on my worst enemy, and if stricter laws meen that less people become addicts than i think that is a good thing.

To the original question in this post, i think its a double edged sword. i can see both sides to it. I myself self do infact use suboxone bought off the streets. I dont have insurance, my monthly cost of suboxone runs about 300 bucks a month, if i paid out of pocket i would end up paying alot more. one benefit i do see with the way i get it is that i have never used a high dose, i am almost certain if i seen a doctor i would have been put on a much higher dose. I am however looking into things i might be able to do to make it affordable for me to see a doc (maybe there are certain programs that help uninsured people cover the medication) because i do want to be on it legally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know it's on the streets in my area, I used to get it once in a while so I wouldn't get sick when I was using. I just don't want it to be regulated to the point where I would have to go to a clinic to take it everyday like methadone is around here, but if it keeps being abused illegally the DEA is going to require something different I would assume. I want to keep my month prescription since I don't sell mine.