It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Again
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I will say again.............for Dreamer or whoever.........This section is called Freestyle...............Freestyle. If you are offended or feel it is necessary to come to the defense of someone that post we are all getting chips implanted in us and we think that is ridiculous why is our response any different from the one who made it...........Stay out of this section......don't read it......and put the topic where it belongs...not here........I find it laughable that people in an open forum that is not suppose to be moderated to be so upset........and again if your a moderator and you post ........so what ....you are a member in this section just like us so dish it out or move along.......This is so silly. I think we either get rid of it or just leave it alone or be prepared for what comes. I am not upset by anything posted here.....This is the entertainment part of this forum. Yes we can push the line but I think most of us know the line........and like what was said we shouldn't have to say Poor baby .....I feel you...come hold my hand and we shall cross this bridge together......Sometime it is just true......Stupid is Stupid........If we take it too serious we could go crazy.....Someone needs to make a decision because believe it or not when we feel good and not in addictive addiction we can be ourselves...........and say crazy, silly, boom things................

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Reraise,

Does the purple writing above(which is dr j's own words) justify what im saying? Or does it justify ur views on this section? And no, im not tryin to be a smartass with that question. Im just curious what ur thoughts are.

My intentions here were all good. I wish u could see that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's clear this is no more "freestyle" than anywhere else on Suboxforum.

Sorry guys if my offensive posts were a catalyst for losing the dream of an unmoderated section. But really this is just another Misc Suboxone forum.

PS: If anyone wants to see my chicken, drop me a PM. No sensitive munchkins though.

I thought it was funny :lol:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Sorry
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry Dreamer...

I can't see where I broke any of those rules.........perhaps bended a few but I am also color blind so not sure if that is the post you are talking about.......I did see where that particular topic should probably not be in this section although it wasn't mentioned specifically because I am not sure Dr J is exploring the implant yet.........I talked to my Pharmacist about it today and she couldn't stop laughing...............Friends.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TJ, I thought your chicken joke was hilarious too. Why did the chicken cross the road......blank blank blank your momma!!!! I told no less than a dozen people at work that joke today and they all thought it was funny as hell too!!

Maybe you should have put it in the Laughter is the Best Medicine thread, there's some very "off color" stuff in there, but none of that stuff has ever been deleted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with dreamer that just because this is the "freestyle" section it shouldn't give us license to be rude and sarcastic. On the other hand I disagree that the OP's intent was an innocent attempt to get information. Whenever someone uses the words Obama and "666 mark of the beast" or Obama + Satan, or Obama + Hitler, in the same phrase - that is intended to spread hate and fear. I respect the right to free speech, but I don't think hatemongering was what the founding fathers had in mind. Also, this RFID chip implant theory has been around for years (I think I saw a film about it made at leat 8 years ago - in it, the Rockefellers and other rich bankers were behind it). Now, suddenly, the evil conspiracy is being attributed to Obama?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

He's just one letter off Osama!!!

Apparently they went to school in Kenya together :lol:

Post subject: Misunderstanding
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:40 am 

The intent of this Freestyle section was never intended to be a FreeForAll where people can say whatever they please. The way I understood it was that we were having heated arguments when someone posted anything negative about Suboxone. As Dr. Junig explained, we've learned a lot about Suboxone since it came out and found that we (the forum) might have been wrong in shutting down any negative discussions about the pro's and con's of Sub. So viola, this new section was put in to let those people discuss it freely w/o being slammed. Am I wrong about his intent? I just went by his first post explaining the purpose of Freestyle.

Yes, at first he said it would be w/o rules and un-moderated. Then it was changed to that Moderators have control but try to stay in the background as much as possible. You all read the rules about excessive profanity and treating others with respect. If we see any violations that are blatant then we will do our job and moderate. We've never had a problem here before with the occasional swearing, but there are limits to that too if every third word is profane.

And I'm sorry I hijacked this topic. What you read in my post was not the only reason I posted that. If you want to know exactly why I did what I did please PM me and then you'll understand why I felt it needed to be done. I truly respect all the members here and the last thing I want to do is piss you off and act like a "holier than thou" moderator.

That's about it, sorry for the long post but this has been bothering me since it happened. Thank you all for not whackin' me upside the head too hard.

Rule62

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:21 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Lilly, if u read thru "boxers" post history or even if uve just seen a few of his/her post, along with talkin to boxer even just a few minutes, i believe u would change ur mind about his/her intent. All i believe that happened was boxer seen a good bit of stuff about it online an maybe freaked out about it a bit an then wanted to tell everybody else an see what they thought. Bc theres lots of very recent info about this chip thats pretty convincing that its true, however, there are also things that say its false. Maybe he went about it the wrong way but when did it become a rule that everybody must always be perfect and never make a mistake? Im not bein a smartass with that question. Its onl purpose is to explain my point.

Take care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Rule,

It appears that this Freestyle section is indeed moderated, can I suggest we take the words "un-moderated" out of the text of the title thread. While you're at it, you might as well change the name of this section to "NOT Freestyle." Fuck, why don't we just eliminate this whole freakin' section because it's just a repeat of other sections we already have. This section is no different than the Side Effects or the Why the Anger or the Misc. Suboxone Issues, why do we even have this section?

I guess it's time for us to all return to being the Saints that we are and refrain from ever posting nary a word that may be misconstrued as offensive to anyone lest we hurt their feelings in any way, shape or form.

Just for the record, Lilly....I found this part of your post to be rude, "On the other hand I disagree that the OP's intent was an innocent attempt to get information." Rule62, can you please delete Lilly's post because I found it offensive? You don't really have to delete her post, I'm being facetious.

Post subject: Romeo
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:38 pm 

Thanks for the support dude. All I did was repeat what the owner of this forum said about this section. If I said what I really think I'd have to delete my own post.

R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm just disappointed to hear that this part of the forum IS moderated, the verbage in the title of this section clearly says that this is an un-moderated section. A number of us were very happy to hear about a section of the forum where the mod's had no power to delete or alter what we said. Just disappointing to hear that all that was a bunch of hogwash.

BTW, if I said what I really wanted to, my mommy would wash my mouth out with soap!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Well, after about 30 whole seconds of digging, this is what I found:

National Medical Device Registry from H.R. 3200 [Healthcare Bill], pages 1,001-1,008:

(g)(1) The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the 'registry') to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that:

(A) is or has been used in or on a patient;
(B) and is:
(i) a class III device;
or (ii) a class II device that is implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining.

That is the exact language of HR 3200, the conspiracy theorists have taken the word "data" from (g)(1) and the word "implantable" from (ii) and magically came up with "everyone is gonna be implanted with RFID." How they made that leap, I'll never know? The whole registry idea was to be able to collect data on DEVICES that had been used on or in a person, not the person themselves.

Also, HR 3200 was NEVER passed into law, HR 3590 was, but the above wording was not even in HR 3590.

All this is courtesy of snopes.com (http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/microchip.asp) and several other websites I found that completely debunk this crap.

Nailed it.

Bravo-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didn't mean to impugn boxer's character, and I have read his other posts. I just can't help but react strongly to invoking the term "666 mark of the beast". Anyone who has been paying the least bit of attention knows that these types of satanic connotations are being conjured up by Obama's enemies because lesser attacks on his character have failed to bring him down. This is just blatant and ugly misuse of biblical imagery.

Also, laugh if you will, but I don't think the RFID chip thing is that far fetched. We already do almost all of out transactions electronically, and if someone suddenly shut down your cards, just think of the mess you would be in. It's not that huge of a leap to imagine having all of your accounts and information on one chip. It's my understanding that chips are already in our passports. With the unprecedented power that banks have these days I could imagine that if you pissed off the wrong person you could have your "chip" shut down. It's not gonna happen in March, and it's got nothing to do with Obama - but I don't think it's in the realm of science fiction.

Post subject: WOW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is so unfkn................believeable. FreeStyle ..........No style.....Some style.If we want to..........

I swear I don't get it.........now we can't say 666 because it's about Obama.................really? OMG...I always thought 666 was about the devil.........The owner said........really....when are we going to hear from him again. He has already taken his picture off the website........Whyy??????? If this is what you beleive. As far as Rule and your post....WHATEVER............Seriously we use this as our recovery. We gave ideas........Freestyle for longterm members ........nothing done....but tell us to follow the rules of the unmoderated section. If we say anything negative about a moderator which I really don't any know them other than the ones that quit or were fired.......Lilly serious sometimes I wonder what planet your on...........obviously the same planet that voted for Obama again.............Seriously.......we can lie every day but not held accountable but if we disagree or speak freely on FREESTYLE we might be banned or deleted.........

Seriously..........if you want to know the jest.....RFID origionally was in business to convince retailers to put the chip on all their merchandise...like Wal-Mart. They wanted to put a chip on every item that came into a WMT store from the distribution center........The chip woild be active when scanned into inventory.....The chip would be disabled once it was scanned at the register. The goal for the reps with RFID was to convince retailers such as Wal-Mart that hey could do an inventory everyday as opppossed to twice a year or once a year. The chip would tell the retailer at the push of a button how much product was in the building versus how much product was purchased. This way a retailer could know on a daily or weekly basis where there losses were occurring. RFID has been focused on Retailers for the last 10 yrs..........

In Florida they debated on passing a law whether they could implant a RFID chip in an infant born so they could track a child if they became missing or were kidnapped........

The goal of RFID was and has been retail to worry that it will affect suboxone users is a non issue now and for several years........

Ok...........with that out of the way...Seriously......Rule and the other Moderaters....Can we not have one section where we can play and throw shit at each other without the worry of being banned.......I have said it before we all have the same disease......we are sick MF'ers...........and some of are sicker than others. But like has been said before we either limit who can access this room or create a PIN number but sometimes we just need to call Stupid ..............Stupid. Forget .........the We are here.....we want to help you........God bless America.....just let us be FREE...............STYLE.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

With ya there Romeo. If this place isn't un-moderated it shouldn't be sold as such. It just causes undue friction.

It's as if the original ideals behind freestyle have been watered down to the point that it's no distinguishable from other sections of the forum. While I don't wanna see freestyle go, in its present guise we ain't gunna be losing anything really. It is just another Misc-Suboxone forum, only the backlash whenever a moderator intervenes is amplified because it still says "unmoderated" in its description.

While I don't wanna fall prey to mod-bashing, if this place falls down it's not the members fault. It's because Dr. J / admin / moderators couldn't deal with the realities of having an un-moderated section on the forum once faced with the reality of it. Well I guess it is un-moderated ... unless you do something wrong.

Having been a mod I can kinda see why maybe they might feel in a tight place, with orders "from the top" saying there's ground-rules to enforce while at the same time telling members it's an un-moderated section. I don't envy their position right now.

IMO for the original idea of freestyle to have a chance, it should be free of any moderator privileges apply. Whether that'd come from having no moderator presence, or having mod privileges inapplicable for Freestyle only, it's the only real way admin can wipe their hands and not worry about the place.

And if it's gunna be hands-off from the top, it's gotta be members only, because some people may post stuff that might not look good for the place ... Ideally isolated to longer-term posters as well, so n00bs won't get hurt and go relapse or something.

IMO it's really bloody unlikely that's going to happen. But can't we at least EXPERIMENT? Like an experiment in free-market economics, or small government? VOTE RON PAUL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Holy crap, Jim, calm down. I'm not even near suggesting anyone should be deleted or banned. I was simply responding to dreamer's post that I was calling out boxer's character, which I'm not. And trust me, I'm not an apologist for Obama. I'm in ministry and the whole Obama is satan thing gets under my skin. (and the OP made the Obama + 666 connection, not me). Is it OK that I express that opinion in the freestyle section? Jeez.

Last edited by Lillyval on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I still find it quite amusing how a chicken caused the unravelling of the Freestyle section. :lol:

You wanna hear something funny, I showed my wife, who was born and raised here in the Bible Belt, goes to church every Sunday kinda gal and she laughed at the chicken joke you posted. She said, "it's no worse than what I see on Facebook most everyday."

I also completely agree with this, "And if it's gunna be hands-off from the top, it's gotta be members only, because some people may post stuff that might not look good for the place ... Ideally isolated to longer-term posters as well, so n00bs won't get hurt and go relapse or something."

This section was started as an experiment and as far as I could tell, the experiment was going great. People got a little silly or rude (heaven forbid) or sarcastic (Gasp!), some of us swore, but all in all, I thought the whole Freestyle section was doing great.

Post subject: Right On........
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Actually I think this whole thread has been hilarious............It's fun, silly, goofy stuff but like has been said before we either limit the access are place a warning "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK".........Yes Lilly you can post whatever in Freestyle that is purpose (I thought). It's really is funny that even after almost 4 yrs on here it's almost like we are ...........our own dysfunctional family sometimes. Anyway it was fun for a while I certainly don't want anyone to relapse .....but that is the way we are.......My sponsor once told me that we could be in a room with a 100 people and 99 of them like you but one doesn't..but we don't take the time to appreciate all those that like us..........instead we waste all are time trying to figure out why that one person doesn't like us...I hope a resolution comes soon..........I just wish I got to see the Chicken joke before it got pulled........I feel like I am missing out on a much needed laugh......

Jim

Post subject: Not Fair
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:30 pm 

The only reason this thread took off on a different direction was because of the "Moderator" name at the top of my heading. It was my understanding that we mods could also post here as members and not get a bunch of crap thrown at us. Obviously I was wrong. And no support from my mod team made it worse.

For the time being I am taking a leave of absence. I don't need this tension in my life right now.

Rule62

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next