It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: reply
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

boxer wrote:

You are making deliberate attacks against me for only providing information which you can't find information to support your comments to my comments.

Boxer, you DID post this in the "FREESYLE" (unmoderated) section

just for the "record"

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Who Says ............
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Who says I use toilet paper? Why wipe your ass if you know your going to shit again.............

Boxer your absolutely correct we could go crazy thinking about all this stuff so the comic relief keeps us from running around being paranoid. Trust me we are all paranoid enough..........one example is that most think every post is posted directly towards them and like has been said.............this is freestyle.

Jim

Post subject: scared
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
Boxer, did you even read the last link you posted? In case you didn't, here a couple of parts of it that sum it up:

This guidance represents the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) current thinking on
this topic. It does not create or confer any rights for or on any person and does not operate to
bind FDA or the public. You can use an alternative approach if the approach satisfies the
requirements of the applicable statutes and regulations. If you want to discuss an alternative
approach, contact the FDA staff responsible for implementing this guidance. If you cannot
identify the appropriate FDA staff, call the appropriate number listed on the title page of this
guidance.

The issues identified in this guidance document represent those that we believe need to be
addressed before your device can be marketed.

The link you just provided is basically a "how to use and implant" RFID successfully. Nowhere in that document does it say that every american will have one implanted by March of 2013.

Some people may want these crazy ass chips implanted in them, that whole document is basically directed at anyone who wants to manufacture and/or implant the devices in an attempt to assure public safety.

Truthfully, none of the links you have provided give any evidence to support your wild claims that "It is mandatory that we are all to have such device implainted IN US on or before March 23, 2013."

Why are you trying to scare people with this non-sense?

I have not posted anything to scare anyone. This thread I started to to gather knowledge since there is a lot of people are not well informed about the subject. I want to know more myself about this, myth/fact/hoax/bs/hog wash/election ploy/true/false. etc....
From what I have seen as far as feedback is personal opinion, and that is good, everyone is entiled to that.

For the record: This thread was not started to SCARE anyone or harm anyone in any way, only to discuss how "if" this were to be truth or false, how would one who is taking suboxone could be affected by it. If it is false, good. Time tells all.

Synonyms:

UM-952;Lepetan;rx6029m;Subutex;Temgesi;Buprenex;NIH-8805;Temgesic;CL-112302;Buprenorfin

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Anal Probes
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

TeeJay wrote:
No anal probes???
damn

It is recommended that people over the age of 50 have a colonoscopy performed. This lower G.I. exam can determine the presence of a lot of shet, colon cancer is one of the leading causes of death, especially in males. This may or may not be covered under the ACA.

Would that be the best way to make one feel better about themsleves?

Synonyms:

UM-952;Lepetan;rx6029m;Subutex;Temgesi;Buprenex;NIH-8805;Temgesic;CL-112302;Buprenorfin

Post subject: Re: reply
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

amber4.14.11 wrote:
boxer wrote:

You are making deliberate attacks against me for only providing information which you can't find information to support your comments to my comments.

Boxer, you DID post this in the "FREESYLE" (unmoderated) section

just for the "record"

Please read the PM I sent you.

When I cicked on freestyle just now it shows that it is moderated by 4 moderators. Is there more than one freestyle section to make threads? :?:

Synonyms:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:22 pm 

OK, Boxer, here is a post I am completely serious about. I reread your initial post. In my opinion, when you write about a subject this serious as if it is fact, you are obligated to diligently research both sides of a story. In other words, you should have fact-checked this mandatory chip-implant story.

I googled "fact check obama microchip". Out of the first page that comes up, the first 5 links are about this rumor being false. There are also a couple of doomsday websites, who are also predicting the end of times along with the mandatory microchip story. If you had bothered to fact check this story, you would have seen that there are reputable sites debunking the rumor. That should have been enough for you to at least present the story by pointing out that some websites are saying is true and some others are saying is false.

Snopes.com is a well known site that was started because there were so many unsubstantiated stories out there that people were passing by email. Stuff like, "My friend's sister's boyfriend's cousin had this huge sore on her leg and one night spiders hatched out of it!!!!" Snopes track down the truth and most of the time can tell you where the story came from.

The source of the mandatory microchip story is, in part, from the language of a bill that NEVER became law. It mentioned implantable medical devices such as pacemakers, and microchips, and other devices. There is no mention of implantable devices in the bill which became law. How it snowballed into a conspiracy theory that we're all to receive microchip implants by March 2013 is anyone's guess. I think it was probably started by the same people who insist that President Obama's birth certificate is a fake, coupled with folks who are positive that we are living in the end times.

As soon as I saw this story in the other post my immediate thought was, "Wacky conspiracy theory!" To me, the lunacy of this theory was immediately apparent. That's why I joked about it.

I don't have anything against you, Boxer. I have seen many posts of yours where you're trying to be helpful to other people. I think that is awesome! But, I couldn't keep from responding to this, because I guess there are others who would just repeat what you said without doing their own fact checking. That's the only scary part to me.

Are you now more open to the idea that this may not be true?

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:27 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Regardless of what section it is, wether it be freestyle or whatever, isnt the main goal still to be a forum for support? I didnt take boxers post to be anything more than an honest attempt to get other peoples ideas on what he/she believed to be a real concern.

Post subject: Micro Chip Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:07 pm 

Thank You Dreamer for pointing that out. I am not speaking as a moderator but as a member of this forum.

Come on fellow members, it seems like this thread is escalating into a school yard verbal making fun of session. Remember we all have feelings and some of the stuff that is being thrown at Boxer is pretty mean. There has been enough evidence of this being a hoax that was posted by Amy. (thanks) Can't we just let this one die down by itself?

Yea I know it's the Freestyle section but does that give us all license to forget about being polite? I do believe that was one of the things Dr. J posted when using this section.

Ignore me or disagree with me. Just think about it being you on the other side. How would you feel?

(Edit) I want to also say that some of Boxers posts were not in the best of taste either. It goes both ways.

Last edited by rule62 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:19 pm 

I agree with Rule. It's enough. I'm not saying that people should post stuff like this without fact checking first, but I came down on Boxer pretty harshly. I think that I was reacting a little bit out of annoyance because I had already heard plenty of people saying that the sky was falling because President Obama was re-elected. I shouldn't have let that annoyance get the best of my nicer side.

No hard feelings, Boxer (I hope!)

Amy

Post subject: Please
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I shouldn't even attempt but I swear we should change our name to Suboxforum PC...................don't joke , don't hurt anyone's feelings and make sure we have facts to back it up..............Please we are all sick MF'ers.............sick....remember. Can we not have one section to just play in...........without all the bullshit from the I am not speaking as a moderator but a member.........we shouldn't talk like this in the freestyle section......Then get rid of it.........If this is such an important topic take it to another section..........quite frankly I think it's organized subtrifuge.............(bullshit).....my opinion ........nothing to back it up but what has been said and I don't need some journal report to back up that I think it is all hooey....................hooey I say......What has happenend to this forum it used to be somewhat fun and we could have a little fun now all it is answering some of the same questions........Why do I come back because it is part of my recovery.......believe it or not we laugh at AA and no one stands up and says excuse me do you have any documents to back that up...........

SO much for those ideas about everyone spent so much time on coming up with like new members wouldn't be able to come to freestyle.............It is so funny we addicts are such a sensitive bunch.........If I was smart I would stop posting about something unless I really beleived in taking it to the wall if I got this much manure in return..............Please try to take our new medicine and relax...........good gravy............

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:39 pm 

Jim,

I understand your frustration but this section is for debating Suboxone. And I did post as a member so you can just ignore me. And asking people to be polite is being PC? Think whatever you like, I am still entitled to my opinion and I would have posted the same thing whether I was a mod or not so it has nothing to do with it. Dr. J's last sentence says it all.

R

Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:52 pm

suboxdoc

Site Admin

Medical Expert

Freestyle

I've been noticing the general increase in tension throughout the forum. I suppose conflict is inevitable, wherever you have a large group of people from diverse backgrounds, with a wide range of opinions an personalities.

I don't know of a way to eliminate conflict. But I want to make a few general points-- and introduce a new section of the forum. The new section, 'Freestyle', is a place where people can go to discuss issues without concern for 'rules'-- with a few general caveats. As people know, my primary goal has been to keep the forum from degenerating into a cesspool of anger, where arguments are fueled by negative stigma or misinformation. The main 'rule' for the forum has been to respect each other's positions, including each individual's decision regarding treatment of his/her illness. Unfortunately, this rule-- which is intended to OPEN discussion by encouraging free expression-- has been blamed for squelching discussion in some cases.

The new section is for open debate-- including taking positions on whether long-term Suboxone treatment is a good or bad idea. I encourage people to take those discussions to the new area- and try to keep the other areas RELATIVELY free from turmoil.

Other points:
- realize that the moderators are unpaid, under-appreciated volunteers, who try to keep the peace only out of interest in maintaining a place for discussion about buprenorphine treatment.
- Nothing here is meant to substitute for medical care. Discussions here are intended to provoke discussions with your physician. Do NOT take anything from the forum as 'medical advice.'
- Avoid cuss-words, including in the unmoderated area. Excessive profanity WILL be removed, as it is discovered.
- Be nice. Try to write as if responding to a friend. That will help keep the forum busy, happy, and healthy. Nobody wants to read threads that are filled with angry, personal insults.

Thanks!

Download Topi
c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I sense a disturbance in the force.......help us Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:lol:

It's true I'm being abrasive. ReRaise was questioning the point of a freestyle forum when moderators still have a presence. I'm trying to prove that you can say shit in here that you cannot normally say. If I said the above post in any other forum no doubt I woulda copped some kinda consequence. So IMO there is some good in having freestyle.

I dunno why it irritates me but it does. When I went through the long term therapeutic community, as residents there progressed through the different phases of the program, we gradually accumulated more responsibility until 3-4 months in we graduated to "senior residents". This meant moving to a "seniors house", but also running groups, walking around with a clipboard and making sure everyone's tasks were done up to a decent standard.

It amazed me how much people turned on their old friends once they became "seniors". It literally happened overnight. Some residents in particular had a real dislike for seniors, likening them to screws or cops and being real uncooporative. The funny thing was by the time I was about to leave the program, some of these same people graduated to seniors themselves and I swear it but those same people were always the biggest power trippers once they got a bit of power. The irony was that as a result they always copped the biggest backlash, and copped the same attitudes I did from them only worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Originally the members who suggested the un-moderated section based the idea on subsux's war room.

So we should really be able to throw shit at each other, insult each other's mother and generally let loose yes?

Sure people will still think you're an ass for doing it but at least we can get away with it yeah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TeeJay wrote:
Originally the members who suggested the un-moderated section based the idea on subsux's war room.

So we should really be able to throw shit at each other, insult each other's mother and generally let loose yes?

Sure people will still think you're an ass for doing it but at least we can get away with it yeah?

I'm with you TJ this is the one place we are allowed to let loose and say what we are really feeling. If certain members can't deal with it than don't read or post anything from this section it's truly a very simple concept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:02 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have a question.

How exactly does makin fun of someones thread fit onto a SUPPORT FORUM, regardless of what section it is?

The purple writing above is pretty self explanatory.

I understand wanting to be able to speak freely BUT u can do so without bein rude to others.

Maybe this person didnt realize that if they posted there concern(clearly with the intent of gathering others ideas on the topic) in the freestyle section, that people would make them feel like shit. Hmm, who woulda thought??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
Ignore me or disagree with me. Just think about it being you on the other side. How would you feel?

I've been afraid to say this because I don't want this forum to go because it hasn't really been taken for a test-drive. It's just become another Misc suboxone forum. Even the few tame shitfights that have broken out are just your average suboxforum arguments.

Grant you though nobody has yet to receive a warning yet for freestyle ... even if I'm working on it.

There's too much "normal" day to day suboxforum posting going on.

Where's the action yo?

btw... shouldn't we make freestyle members only?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dreamer420,

To expect everyone on this forum to hold hands and sing Kumbaya is completely unrealistic. When someone comes on here talking non-sense about Suboxone and a chip that's gonna be implanted in all of us that has our medical records and our bank records on it, they're gonna catch some grief about it.

Had I come here and posted the story boxer did, I would FULLY expect to get some smart ass comments directed at me. I would actually be disappointed in mankind if I didn't get some kind of smart ass comments directed at me or my story, had I posted what boxer did.

Also, being a little bit rough on someone is sometimes the best thing that can happen to that person. There was a time about a year ago when I was coming out of my last relpase and some people on this board "jumped knee deep in my shit".....it was one of the best things to happen to me. It jarred me back to reality and I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. So, I'm truly thankful for the members that SUPPORTED me in a tough way. SUPPORT doesn't always mean saying, "oh poor baby, come here and let me give you a hug", sometimes support comes by hitting someone right between the eyes.

I've been playing this recovery game long enough to know that coddling someone without holding them responsible for their actions does NOT help them or their recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:57 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Romeo, if making fun of someones thread is "supportive" and makes u feel good about urself, then so be it. However for me, i cant feel right about it and when i see it i will speak up bc its bullshit. Boxer had NO negative intent. If u talk to him/her before makin fun u mighta known that

Post subject: Profanity
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:15 pm 

TJ,

Per Dr. Junig's original post regarding this section I deleted your profanity laden post and moved the Test Drive one to the Mod forum for discussion.

I will send you a PM later.

Rule

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next