It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: suboxone taper question.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone... I'm new to this site... And im looking for some guidance..
I hve tapered myself down to .25 mg sub daily... And when I go to try and skip a day ,
I get like sick feeling... I don't understand why that is.. I went from 8 mg a day and tapered down to .25mg..
I was wondering if I tapered down to .125 will I hve the same affects that I do when I try to skip a day. Sorry if my post
Is going in circles, I just hve slot of questions about how to finally jump .. I hate that I am in this
Situation... And it happened because I had gotten pretty sick in my early 20's, and had to hve surgeries
.. Then next thing u know about a year later I end up with a big problem.. I am embarrassed by it.. I promise I
Nvr even cared to take even a Tylenol when I'd get a headache.. I was pretty athletic , loves working out ..
And then things took a turn and now here I am... Trying to fight this, and trying to figure out how to jump off
Sub, while hving to hold down a job and college... Idk how to do this, and its pretty scary....
I just want to be healthy again.. I actually pray for that every night...

Thanks everyone for reading.. Sorry for the long post... Im just really feeling down and pretty defeated right now..
Tania

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hello

great job on getting THIS low!!!!!

you know, you are probably feeling some withdrawl symptoms. So, yea, you might want to taper a bit further like you suggested already........

there are many, many taper stories in the stopping suboxone section. There's actually ALOT of 'active' ones RIGHT NOW
so they will be easy to find, cuz they have recent posts in them.

I'd do some 'clicking' around and read a bit on other people's experiences.
and dont forget to look in the 'bupe in the rear view' section.
lots of people post in thier, after they've 'jumped' of how they got to where they did, when they jumped.

Good luck on the rest,,,,,,,,
you've made it a hell of a long way, Im sure you can do it!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello tania,

Believe it or not, .25mg may seem pretty low but it's actually not. Suboxone therapy is a mega-dose. Buprenorphine when given to an opiate naive person is effective even at 1/5th of .25mg.

Also at these small doses, withdrawal comes on much faster. If one stops from 8mg they usually say they felt ok for a few days. When stopping where you are, you're going to feel it for sure after 24 hours, most likely sooner.

You are at the end of your taper, or close to it but I would stretch it out a bit and make it easier on yourself. I would go to .125mg and even try dosing twice per day. .075 in morning and again at night. You could get used to that by doing .125 in am and again in the pm now for a week to get your self used to spilt doses. Dr Junig recommends this method. It works great, I can vouch for that. I am at .2 currently. I think it's wise to go down so low you "walk off" as opposed to jumping. Pople have done this?

Are you using films? Tablets? I find the films best for tapering, ESP the 2mg films but 8's are good too.

I think the best way to do this is with no rush and go down to almost nothing.

Good luck!! You are doing good, each attempt to stop will make you stronger, not weaker!

-glen b

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank u amber 4.14.11 for ur response... I really appreciate it... And I did check out ur blog, and it seems that uve gone down quiet the road... It good to see that ur doing well!

And glen b. Thank u for replying to my post too.. Sorry I am just now able to reply... I've been so busy working during the day, and then going to classes at night... I hve the 2 mg films... I started off with the 8mg films originally... And tapered down... The 2 is much easier to get down to .125 .. And it was also a relief to read that about the .25 mg, and how I might even be feeling bad earlier than I normally would the next day due to the sub wearing off... I had really thought it was in my head to be feeling that bad before I was due again the next day... That really shed some light for me, because I had no clue... So thank u! I finally started doing the .125 in the am, and then .125 in the pm... Today was the second day of taking the sub that way, and I've been feeling yucky because of it... Slight dt's....... ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Here's a novel idea: just jump off and be done with the bondage, idolatry, and haze that is Suboxne.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Keep it up Tania! Good to hear you are on such a low dose...I plan on taking it slow myself but have hopes of getting off completely in about 6 weeks (currently at .5mg day). Shoot me a message or post in my thread...suboxone taper - the final process. Let us know how you are doing and if you need anything please let me know! Keep up the good work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank u SouthJaxBeach for the encouragement. I am currently taking .125 in the am and .125 in the pm. I hve been trying to not take the .125 in the pm, but end up taking it because I start to feel sick. I really try to tough it out but can't. Now when I start feeling bad , isn't like oh my goodness , help me I feel bad sick. But it's enough to interfer with me trying to work. My stomach will hurt, and I start to hve mild chills. So just with knowing how i feel like 12 hrs later after taking my .125 it actually concerns me that when i try to jump it won't be easy as what I hve read compared to others. I wonder if thats just how I will end up feeling no matter how much I taper off. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sublime3stylee wrote:
Here's a novel idea: just jump off and be done with the bondage, idolatry, and haze that is Suboxne.

Dear sublime,

Usually when people are jumping from suboxone they can be a little on edge so you get a break because I think you jumped from 4mg because you couldn't taper.  Whatever works but your way isn't the only way.  Many can taper and find doing so is easy or at least tolerable.  Jumping from a high dose is more severe and can cause longer PAWS.  Im in a long slow taper for over 9 months now but that doesn't mean I'm going to go on your thread and tell you to do it my way in a sarcastic manner.  

Tania,

This is a quote from diary of a quitter about why tapering is good.  She did a long slow taper and has been off sub for three years. I found this extremely helpful and it makes so much sense why tapering is the least painful way to get off. You are doing great. In my experience, on average about 4 or 5 days after a change I would even out and feel better. u are doin great!

"The best way to ameliorate the effects and decrease the length and severity of withdrawal and PAWS is to slowly taper off whatever opiates you're using before you quit. Tapering gives your brain time to adjust to the lower level of exogenous opiates (opiates you're putting in from the outside) and ramp up production of endogenous opiates (endorphins). Tapering also gives your sympathetic nervous system time to adjust to the lower levels of exogenous opiates, which also helps lessen length and severity of withdrawal and PAWS."

You can find her whole post and the thread it came from here: 
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7044

-glen b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Glen Bee,
Thank you for that link. I just read it, and actually find it helpful. I had no clue about any of that. So thank u for that! It actually shed some light for me. And I really agree with ur response to sublime. I wasn't sure how to take that in reference to what was said. I just know for sure if I could just stop the sub, then I would hve already. Because this isn't easy nor fun. The only thing i'm sure of in dealing with sub, is that I want to be done with it, and hve a successful taper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your doing GREAT Tania!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont let ANYbody tell ya different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep on keepin' on :wink:

You will get there. Glen Bee, is really a good example, if you ask me. . . . . . . .

every SINGLE person is different, and I dont think theres any WRONG way to do it, whatever works for you, and
gets you there sucessfully, is REALLY ALL THAT MATTERS :wink:

I just wanted to give ya some positive words,
Im sure it's tough, but your doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep us 'in the loop'
8)

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]
Tania wrote:
I hate that I am in this Situation... And it happened because I had gotten pretty sick in my early 20's, and had to hve surgeries.. Then next thing u know about a year later I end up with a big problem.. I am embarrassed by it.. I promise I Nvr even cared to take even a Tylenol when I'd get a headache.. I was pretty athletic , loves working out ..
And then things took a turn and now here I am... Trying to fight this, and trying to figure out how to jump off
Sub, while hving to hold down a job and college... Idk how to do this, and its pretty scary....
I just want to be healthy again.. I actually pray for that every night...

Thanks everyone for reading.. Sorry for the long post... Im just really feeling down and pretty defeated right now..
Tania

Hi Tania~ My heart really goes out to you. Something aobut your post just grabbed me. You remind me of me. I think back to about 4 or 5 years ago for me. I can remember being on my knees next to my bed. I had my hands folded
together so tightly that I am sure my knuckles were white. I had tears streaming down my face. I had just lost custody
of my daughters. I can still remember that prayer to this day. I was BEGGING God to help. BEGGING! I just didn't under
stand. I didn't understand why I was, where I was. All because of surgery??? It didn't make sense to me. I used to run,
lift weights, go out on weekends with my friends, work 40~60 hours a week, go to family gatherings, go to church~all
of that. All that I wanted was to be healthy again. I didn't understand why this was happening, or how it had all gotten
so out of control. I would have given anything to just be healthy again.

You have already gotten a lot of feedback from a lot of great members. You are going to make it. I just know that you are.
Keep on praying. God IS listening. Sometimes we get a little impatient with Him, and want him to do it NOW! But really
what God does is give us opportunities to do it for ourselves. He places people in our lives. Whether it's for a brief
period of time, or for a lifetime, and I believe that those people are all supposed to be there too. I think that it is OK, to
feel pretty down and defeated at times. Just don't stay there. There are times that I get that way too. But everything is
going to work out in it's own time. We just have to give time time. You're doing the right thing by reaching out for support.
This forum is great for that. A lot of us have been where you are, and a lot of us are going to be where you are one day.
We are all here for you! Just keep your head up, keep on praying, and keep on talking. We are here to help you in any
way that we can.

Thank you for sharing your story with us, and I will keep you in my prayers at night. Take Care Tania~And God Bless[/font]