It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

One of the most common anti-sub comments I hear. As I spend more time treating addiction, I become less and less excited to be a buprenorphine cheerleader, simply because I've learned that if a person is not begging for help, it is a waste of everyone's time trying to treat that person. That said, buprenorphine treatment is getting black eyes from the diversion problem... and it is important now, more than ever, that people remain aware of why buprenorphine is different--- i.e. why the molecule is different enough that it deserves to be an exception to the Harrison Act.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Beautiful video, i couldnt agree more

I tell those who think i shouldnt be dependant on anything that i feel i messed my body up for life. Id. Really give anything to feel the way i felt before i knew what drugs were. Before i used opiates.

As many times as ive stopped opiates ( including suboxone) ive always gone back to bupe. I know i am not 100% sober in the sense that i still an dependant on a substance, but i am no longer in that cycle of worrying where to get my pills, how many i have left, etc. i used to plan my life around them. "hey u wana go to such and such with me?" my response, "no, id have to take another pill if i did, and i just dont have that many left"

To be out of that cycle is just a blessing in itself.
My longest stretch off bupe was alil over a month. The anxiety and depression that hits u is unbelievable. I was lethargic. I remember walking and having to stop every few feet. I thought my body would be messed up forever.
Of course when u feel that way, a minute seems like an hour. And not sleeping with restless legs and arms doesnt help.
Are you sober upon stopping bupe? Yes. I have to say, i felt all my emotions return with a vengence. From sadness to happiness to hornieness. (yes i said it)
Music sounds better. You laugh more than u have in years. It feels like sobriety, only your body is absolutely MISERABLE.
Suboxone may numb one to not feeling that kind of sobriety, but just breaking the cycle of chasing pills and walkng up worrying about drugs is very sobering in itself. One can get back to daily life without all that. In the end, that is what really counts to me. And when im ready to jump off the sub, i know i will because I will be ready, not because others want me to.