It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone or subutex?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Can someone please clear up what one works the best cause I'm really confused now after reading about subutex? From what I read they prefer subutex over suboxone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Subutex is like suboxone but without the chemical antagonist Naloxone. Subutex is buprenorphine and is sublingual, without the naloxone, this means it is generally used under doctors direct supervision because you can shoot it up and get bonkers loaded. Don't shoot it up, pill stuff gets in your rig and then into your body and its nasty and unhealthy :(

Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm not looking to get high I never shot up anything in my life. I just want to feel normal suboxone has made me feel weird at times like real snappy at people like I was back on oxycodone.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

chemically speaking, suboxone and subutex are chemically the same, they are both buprenorphine, however suboxone has naloxone as well which basically exists to deter one from crushing the pill and shooting it. The feeling you get of being snappy should dissapear in time as you build a tolerance to the Buprenorphine's affects. When i first started taking suboxone it made me feel like i just popped a handful of norcos or something similar to an opiate experience, and since i had just come back from a really horrid withdrawal the relief was unimagineably good. Since then though the suboxone no longer does anything, just keeps me from having withdrawal symptoms :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ronnie, Kevgeon is right, subutex is buprenorphine. suboxone is buprenorphine AND naloxone. The naloxone is the difference. The idea of naloxone is like this:

Subutex can be injected, you will be high, then likely die because the potency when used intravenously.

Suboxone can be injected, you will not get high, but rather be VERY sick (the NALOXONE kept you from dying, and is giving you the worst withdrawals ever).

Bottom line is, the ONLY way to take either of them is Sublingually, and everything else seems to be a waste. Dr.s rarely prescrible subutex for the very reasons mentioned above.

Kevgeon, the feeling of being "up" that you mentioned it feels like you "popped a handful of norcos"... I don't think that is normal. I understand that suboxone is going to effect people differently, but feeling up or high means you might need to be adjusted a bit. I do not feel ANY difference when I take suboxone. If I forget to take it when I normally do in the morning, it isnt a big deal.

Let me ask you this:

1. Can you leave home, without some sub in your pocket? (seriously, think about this)

2. Have you taken more than you were prescribed per day, to try to get that buzz or up feeling?

Not a judgment here, just ask for honest answers. I have experienced BOTH of these above items drastically. I am NOW to the point where I can leave for a whole day and not think about it, I don't countdown or plan my next dose, I don't take just a bit more to see if it's going to get me there, because those are the addict behaviors that have ruled my life for years. I am getting passed those with lots of professional help. My outpatient group I go to once a week, MAKES MY WEEK. I learn so much, and I can see so much about me that has changed, and hope to change more.