It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: suboxone vs subutex
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello! I'm new to this sight and I was hoping I could get some advice and answers!! I have been going to my Dr for 3 years this past November and I was originally started out on subutex 3- 8mg tablets a day mostly because of the price difference between the 2. At that time he informed me I would be able to continue taking subutex as long as I could pass my 10 panel drug screen. If I failed I would be switched immediately. So here I am 3 years later and my life has changed completely for the best! At my last appointment he informed me that laws have changed and I would have to be switch to suboxone. So I was OK with that until day 2 on the suboxone I feel like I'm dying. I'm having all the symptoms of withdrawal and I have no clue if this is normal or how long its supposed to last? What are my options......I feel like if I'm going to feel like crap I can save a boat load of money that I pay for my Dr and my prescription? Today was day 7 for me and I still feel the same other than my skin feels like its on fire. Also what is this law has anyone else heard of this?Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: suboxone vs subutex
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What state are you in? I can assure you that there is nothing in the federal works mandating buprenorphine/naloxone vs buprenorphine. There have been insurance formularies that can force a change.
Try spitting out the saliva after 10 minutes, that may help minimize the amount of naloxone you are getting.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi I am in Kentucky my Dr is in Louisville! I don't currently go through insurance to pay for my Dr visit or my medication? I did have another issue pop up over night I can't see it in the mirror but I have a bump on the tip of my tongue? I would be perfectly fine with this switching medication if I didn't feel lousy!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/201/009/270.htm

Sorry about the tiny font. I skimmed this and don't see anything mandating combination product if an adverse reaction can be documented. I have no idea what the professional environment is there. That said, if I was in Kentucky I would be inclined to say uncle and retire.