It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:49 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Both my husband and I take suboxone and my husband borrowed from me and once he got his he gave me mine back but now he is toward the end of his script he and I don't want to keep trading back an forth so if he took a subutex to avoid taking my suboxone is it going to show up the same on a drug test. Obviously he has a urine for the doctor but also goes to probation. At probation she sometimes does a urine and other times does a cotton swab in the mouth. We don't want him to get in trouble even though he messed up initially and I should have neve given him my strips so he could owe me his. Please help thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm positive he will be just fine. Both drugs contain the same active ingredient which is buprenorphine. Subutex is pure buprenorphine, and Suboxone has Naloxone added to prevent abuse of it. When it's checked for in drug tests only the buprenorphine shows up, so he should be just fine. Hope this helps.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:27 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you very much Karen but this isn't something I wan him to make a habit of doing. When he got in this program he was a very active drug user oxy 80s and twenty of them a day he got on subs because of probation but it seems a if he is still in the drug seeking behavior which is fine it's just not for me he says now he will never go back to pills again but I see his drug behavior and know I can't change him nor do I try I just try to seperate myself from that aspect I guess but we continue to hate our lives together in everything else.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:57 pm 

I don't advocate lying, but I know you are in a tough spot. Would you feel comfortable after your next appt to say that your doctor busted you for switching medications but gave you one last chance? Your husband is crossing some boundaries and he needs to have a good reason to stop that behavior, since he is still acting like an addict. He is taking advantage and you need to find some way of stopping him.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:51 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

We have the same dr so I would be probably caught in a lie myself we see her at the same time our treatments are different but the same dr and same days. So I can't say I got busted he is with me during my spots and I with him. I'm really in a hard place

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know nothing about your marriage--- about the goods, bads, etc... but I do know one thing-- that during active addiction, even the most honest people will push limits, make promises, and break them without a second thought. Your husband is putting YOU at risk; you may run short, and then get blamed for 'sharing' your meds-- or just go through a week of withdrawal and lose your job. Part of your newfound sobriety is trying to do things differently-- such as placing limits where you never have placed them before. You have a right to keep your medication from being stolen-- even by your husband. At some point you want to think about the fact that you have this ONE life; no practice runs, no 'do-overs'. Do you spend it with someone who you can't trust, if he won't respond to your pleas to stop?

I know it is more complicated. But in another way, it is very simple. You need to keep yourself safe, and sane. I'm glad my wife stuck with me through the worst of it..... but I would understand, and hold her blameless, if she hadn't.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I wouldn't leave him and I know it may sound niece but if I said no he would go to get them for someone else before stealing from me but I already spoke with him about this and have said that we will not put ourselves or sobriety at risk like that again because being that we are so new to the program we would rather stick to the straight and narrow rather than screw up and be lost in the sauce again. Thank you all for your advice as well I appreciate it.