It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone subutex adderal
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:07 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I've been on adderal sense the 2nd grade, I'm now 29. I have extreme ADHD and I can't function w.o it. I was also recently diagnosed with PTSD. I started abusing mostly alcohol to the extent I was drinking a handle of gin or vodka a day, sometimes a little over a half bottle of ever clear. I lost near 45k because of my addiction. After losing the last substantial amount I got harder into pain killers and other drugs. I still drank. My addiction to pain killers was becoming rather pricey so I switched to snorting 8 mgs of subutex a day for around a year. This finally allowed me to stop abusing other substances. However when I quite that I kept relapsing hard, and struggled. I finally admited my substance abuse to my psychiatrist. She told me I needed to be put on 8mgs subs again. Referred me to another dr. For the first time sense seeing her she faxed my prescriptions to the pharmacy. I just picked them up. She changed what I've been on for over a year of 90, 30mg adderal to 90, 10mgs. I've never seen a sub dr. And I won't see him for a couple more days. Why the fuck did she decrees my adderal so much? I can't function off that amount, I can't even get out of bed on that. I never been in sub treatment before(bought what I was using previously always) is it because it's a narcotic? Does she think the other dr. Will give me more? I'm confused. I told her I never abused my adderal, I in fact fucking hate taking it, but I do need it. This is very drastic to me and all my Drs. And meds are going to now cost me over 1,500 a month.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:41 pm 

Hi Neurotik_Nurse,

If you noticed, I edited the word you wanted fixed and also moved this thread into a better fitting category. It's kind of a blend of different stories so the misc; section seemed appropriate.

Yes, you have every right to be mad about the reduction of your Adderal. That one you'll need to have the doctor straighten out. Just say what you said here and hopefully it will go back to what you need.

You and I are somewhat similar. I'm an alcoholic who quit many years ago and then got into opiates which led me to Suboxone where I am now. Unlike you, I don't have ADD but I'm close. A sort of Obsessive/compulsive or OCD as they call it. My house stays nice and clean and I'm surely not lazy.

And thank you for not breaking the law anymore and getting your Sub the right way. It gives Buprenorphine a bad name when sold illegally. To me, it sounds like all you need is the right drugs and you'll be fine. I wish you the best in getting your doctor to see the error of their ways and get you back on track.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your scripts.

rule

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your Adderall may indeed be reduced or discontinued. It is not a narcotic but it is a Schedule II controlled substance. The clinic I am currently associated with has the following rule/guideline. No stimulants with a substance use disorder until clean and sober for 6 months. The clock starts when sober, not the date a person starts Suboxone so it may be much longer than 6 months before we consider restarting the Adderall.
Sorry, but not being able to get out of bed without Adderall is not an indication that you have severe ADHD. To me that sounds like you are using a stimulant to counteract all the downers you have been pouring into your system for the last few years.
you may be able to find a prescriber that will provide both early in treatment, but the Doctor can follow their own restrictions.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:49 pm 

Yeah just as docm2 said, it's basically up to the dr I think. My clinic for example is extremely strict. If someone were to be on adderall and come to the clinic, the dr would more than likely tell them they couldn't take it. If the patient didn't wanna do that then they'd have to go somewhere else. As unfair as that seems, it's just the way it is in some places (I think lol I'm just speaking from my clinic experience). I've actually saw ppl get kicked out from refusing to stop taking neurotin that another dr had prescribed them. Xanex is another thing that my clinic doesn't allow. I'm not at all saying I agree with it because I know some ppl truly need it.....that's just how it is there. So ur dr may be like that so if u don't think it's a right fit for u, then maybe look for another dr.

Us addicts have to jump through more hoops than the average person does sometimes, that's just how it is unfortunately. Some ppl want us to earn trust instead of automatically giving it to us. I understand that honestly because I lied and manipulated so many doctors when I was using, I don't blame em, but not everyone was like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It's different everywhere my exs sub dr used to give anyone who asked prescriptions for adderall/vyvanse or klonopins. He also kept her on 24mg sub a day for 5 years and never spoke about tapering or stopping.
I don't agree with this nor think it's a good idea but it's a fact. just depends on the dr it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:26 am 

Shows you just how much I know about prescribing. That's why we have doctors.

Thanks docm for the clarification.

r

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:57 am 
New Poster
New Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hi Neurotik_Nurse,

If you noticed, I edited the word you wanted fixed and also moved this thread into a better fitting category. It's kind of a blend of different stories so the misc; section seemed appropriate.

Yes, you have every right to be mad about the reduction of your Adderal. That one you'll need to have the doctor straighten out. Just say what you said here and hopefully it will go back to what you need.

You and I are somewhat similar. I'm an alcoholic who quit many years ago and then got into opiates which led me to Suboxone where I am now. Unlike you, I don't have ADD but I'm close. A sort of Obsessive/compulsive or OCD as they call it. My house stays nice and clean and I'm surely not lazy.

And thank you for not breaking the law anymore and getting your Sub the right way. It gives Buprenorphine a bad name when sold illegally. To me, it sounds like all you need is the right drugs and you'll be fine. I wish you the best in getting your doctor to see the error of their ways and get you back on track.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your scripts.

rule

Thank you all! It turns out my doctor made an electronic error, they had to resend the right amount over. Everything is now sorted out with my meds and i feel near 100% better now :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Related to comments posted in response though. Because I've been on variants of adderal for over 23 and on such a strong dose they're not adjusting that what so ever, they know I need it to function. The only reason I can't get out of bed and it does act as a stimulant as well.. Is well I think before admitting my addiction probs they purposly increased me from its ADHD usage of 60mgs to 90mgs for drug resistant major depression as well after a family death I was struggling greatly with(only close person I've ever been to & one of my last family members). I'm now also on 8mgs of subs but they want to increase this my next visit as well. He also mentioned I'll prob need this for long term treatment and he offers lifetime as well if needed. Which I may, bc I've OD many times and even had to have my stomach pumped.
I was being prescribed xanex as well before going into sub treatment. They canceled my prescriptions though for me and left me the choice to go off it which I agreed I would. I'll now be getting meds for it that aren't benzos. My sub dr is also a psychiatrist and friends actually with my psychiatrist who recommended me to him and is giving me my other prescriptions so everything will be regulated between them. It's such a relief to actually get help with everything. I feel like I might actually be able to get my life back now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:39 pm 

NN, it is good and bad that we now have drugs to regulate our out of whack brains. I congratulate you for being proactive about the depression. This world has lost so many good people from suicide that didn't seek treatment or didn't receive the proper treatment for their depression. It seems to be a 20/21st century thing to me.

On a side note about prescribing. My wife takes Norco for her very bad restless leg syndrome. The drug they make for it, Requip, doesn't seem to work for her. It only makes her want to go to sleep. After she was given some Vicodin years ago for some pain problem she found that the drug completely blocks her disease. We're a funny household. I take Suboxone and she takes Norco. At least she's not the addict like me.

The problem is now that the DEA has made it a schedule II drug, it is harder to get the script filled. Several times a year CVS will not have it in stock for about a week. She runs out and goes through withdrawal. Plus the rebound effect of her RLS. So I told her to ask her doctor for some Tramadol to have just in case she runs out. It doesn't work as well as hydrocodone but keeps her out of w/d's. He said he cannot due to the DEA rules. So that part about not stopping the drug w/o your doctors permission is out the window. The same pharmacy has now been doing this same thing with my Suboxone. They order it and it doesn't arrive. Now I'm down to only one extra days supply and that's not good.

Sorry for hijacking your post but I didn't want to start a new one. Plus, I thought it kind of fit here in yours due to the prescribing problems.

Very glad you got that all sorted out.

rule