It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: suboxone side effects
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I posted in the dosing section looking for advice to tell my dr. So he gets me what I need. I am being treated for pain management with suboxone since oxycodone was just too taxing on my body. This suboxone is giving me headaches and some rare mood swings. I am trying to see...my dr. Offered the patch butrans or suboxone so I took 2mg of suboxone twice a day. I would like to ask him for subutex since I have heard they have less the side effects. One side effect that sucks for me is the suboxone kills my sex drive. I have been told and heard if I took subutex I would have the drive for sex like I've use to.thanks guys. Really I have my dr appt next Wednesday and I'm tryna gather the info to tell him so I can help myself [font=Arial] [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Switching to generic Subutex won't do anything for your sex drive. Buprenorphine is the active ingredient in both, and that is what is affecting your sex drive. If you spit out the leftover saliva after your tablet dissolves, that should help with your headaches. Good luck, STP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:10 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I also had headaches and crazy mood swings on suboxone. Once I switched to generic subutex my headaches subsided. I wouldn't say my mood swings totally disappeared but my mood definetly improved. To be honest I did not notice any difference in my sex drive once I switched. It was pretty much non existent :?

ze8a59 wrote:
I posted in the dosing section looking for advice to tell my dr. So he gets me what I need. I am being treated for pain management with suboxone since oxycodone was just too taxing on my body. This suboxone is giving me headaches and some rare mood swings. I am trying to see...my dr. Offered the patch butrans or suboxone so I took 2mg of suboxone twice a day. I would like to ask him for subutex since I have heard they have less the side effects. One side effect that sucks for me is the suboxone kills my sex drive. I have been told and heard if I took subutex I would have the drive for sex like I've use to.thanks guys. Really I have my dr appt next Wednesday and I'm tryna gather the info to tell him so I can help myself [font=Arial] [/font]

I just had to let it go.
-John Lennon