It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone saved me.
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello again. I introduced myself yesterday. I would like to share with you how I arrived at this point in my life. I am 47 years old. I have been addicted to prescription pain medications over 20 years. I am bipolar and also have PTSD. I first tried to get 'clean and sober' in 1986, and have been trying ever since. I have been in several rehabs and psych wards. I tried methadone for 5 years, and discontinued it in 2003, so I am not new to the prejudices of AA/NA when you use medications. The longest I have been "clean and sober" is 10 months.

I was miserable. My whole world revolved around not getting sick. I know you all know what I mean. Then, I heard about Suboxone. I did some research, and finally found a doctor that was in driving distance and who would take my insurance, I was very lucky. I started taking Suboxone March 16, 2009. Suboxone has saved my life. I have hope. I am so grateful for this medication, it has put my addiction in remission and allowed me to start living again. My family is very supportive and they are also happy to have me back.

There is also something unexpected that came from taking Suboxone, I shared about this in another post. I am allergic to most of the medications that are given for PTSD and bipolar disorder. Since I started on Suboxone, my moods have been more stable than I ever remember them being. My famliy has noticed this too.

I want to say once again, thank you all for being here, this is a great forum.

Cherry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Cherry - I'm so glad you're doing well. Suboxone helped my depression in the beginning too, but after a while that effect wore off. But I was able to get my depression under control again through other means, and it never got as bad as it's gotten in the past.

My best friend, on the other hand, has been on Sub as long as I have and has had no recurrences of her depression and her PTSD is much better too. So I guess it's just an individual thing.

Good luck.