It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone saved my life!
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Just wanted to post my introduction. Today is my 12th day on Suboxone and I am so grateful for this medication. 12 days is the longest I've been sober in the past 3 years. I even tried going to meetings back in February. I really wanted to stay sober, but the cravings took over every single time. I would get to day 5 and relapse. I was amazed how the craving instantly diminished once I started the Suboxone. The brain is a powerful thing. I wanted to just feel normal, not crave opiates. Since I started this medication, I actually feel somewhat 'normal'. I'm looking forward to meeting others who suffer from opiate addiction. I am so thankful for Suboxone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Finally a positive story about Suboxone! Thanks for your feedback! Welcome to the forum :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:43 pm 
I agree. Welcome to the group! Keep us posted of your progress.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Suboxone saved my life as well. I was a hard core herion addict - moved up from oxy. I have been clean for 7 months now and am very grateful for the help this med has brought me. I was the last person people would have known was an addict and thanks to this med, I can feel good about how I am living my life again. Keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Awesome that you're feeling so much better than you were just a couple of weeks ago.

I remember how amazing that feeling was - and such a relief.

Keep working hard and you will see how good you can make your life with the stability that Suboxone provides.

Best of luck!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: AWESOME!!!
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I love to hear these success stories as I am relatively new to Suboxone (Feb. 2009). It makes me feel like I am not alone in all of this and that this drug is truly helping people- and I am also one of those people!!! Keep up the awesome work you are doing great! In a few months you will feel even better as you become more adjusted to the daily routine. I can tell you that after a while you will not even notice that you are taking Suboxone it just finds itself into your daily routine like anything else, except for one important thing. You are in recovery!!! Ignore anyone else who says otherwise you are doing a great thing for yourself!!!
Keep up the great work!
-jp04

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I feel the same way, so incredibly GRATEFUL for these little orange pills that I SWEAR saved my life. When I was taking percocet (about 200 mg a day, for 3-4 years), my life was very functional so it took a long time to actually admit to myself that I was an addict. I thought I needed percocet to keep up my "perfect" happy life, but the reality was they were killing me, my body, my relationships, my credit is ruined after racking up 40K for painkillers. I felt so trapped, I was scared and at that point I had isolated myself because no one in my life understood my need for those pills. I'm only going on my second week of treatment, but I feel great and I'm so thankful to have been treated with suboxone, I could NEVER have done it alone and I feel so free again. I only pray that I can experience a success story like everyone else on this site who've been on subox. for longer, so far so good.