It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone saved my life
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:38 pm 
Hi!! Im 24 yrs old. Today marks 9 months and 20 days that i've been taking suboxone and i've been completely clean from every other substance. I started using drugs when i was 16 yrs old. It wasnt until about the age of 22 that i had become physically and mentally dependent on opiates. My opiate of choice was methadone. Of course thats not what i started out with but out of all the opiates i've used, methadone was the one that really had a hold on me. Im not rich and i couldnt ever hold a job so their were more days of withdrawal than their were having what i needed too get through the day(which was methadone). Too get through my day i would need no less than 20 to 30 milligrams of methadone right when i woke up. Their were times when i would go for weeks at a time having exactly what i needed every day. When the day came that i didnt have what i needed the withdrawals would set in and i would either not be able too get what i needed or if i could get what i needed and didnt have the money i would lie, steal, beg and borrow etc. April 30, 2009 was the last day i took methadone. For whatever reason, something happen too me on April 30, 2009 and it was like all the sudden everything made sense. Now, throughout those years from the age of about 18 up to 21 or so i had been to 4 different rehabs all for the wrong reasons. Lets just say for other people's reasons and not my own. Of course i would go through rehab each time completing the program with no problem. I cant say that the trips to rehab didnt help because i did learn a lot each time i went but i just wasnt ready too quit. I would get back home, stay clean for about a month then go right back to using. So, like i mentioned earlier their was just something different about this time an it all made perfect sense. I didnt have to go to those expensive rehabs or anything like that. I found a doctor who was certified too prescribe suboxone and made myself an appointment. I had heard about Suboxone from some of my friends that were already taking it. Something that helped me was, all the things i was hearing about Suboxone were good positive things. May 7, 2009 i started my suboxone treatment. From that day on my life has done nothing but move forward in a positive direction in every aspect of my life. I was the one who people thought wouldnt ever get off drugs. So much so that for awhile i had actually believed that i was destined to use drugs. Boy is it a great feeling too have proved all those people wrong including myself. Along with giving up drugs, i also quit smoking, drinking, lying and stealing. Lying and stealing were 2 other very bad habits. I was in fact gonna quit drugs with or without suboxone but i dont know if i would have made it to the point im at today without it. I now wake up every day with a positive outlook on life an just knowing that things are gonna be ok. Sobriety is a great feeling!! I never thought i could feel this good about life sober. Suboxone saved my life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Lifesaver, congrats on 9 months of sobriety and welcome to the site. It's good to hear that suboxone has been good for you, so many people have tried and failed with other methods to get off their DOC, but this stuff really seems to work. I have just celebrated my first 12 months on it, and life has improved dramatically. I realise that it's still very early days yet, and am just taking things one day at a time.
You will find a home on this site, there is nothing else like it. Nobody will censure you or look down their noses at you here, we have all been there and know what you have been through, the multiple relapses etc. If you read the forums you will find many useful bits of advice, and some of the addiction stories are truly inspiring.
Good luck with your fight to stay clean, suboxone is for me at least the best weapon against the demon opiates! Hope you stay and contribute further, it's always good to hear from a winner, which is what we are all striving to be after many years of loss.
All the best,
Sneaky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yet another success story! Congrats on your 9 months and all of the other changes you have made. I hope you stick around on the forum and continue to share your successes. I have to say this is the first place where I have been able to talk to anyone about this who understands. When I was using I knew one person who I bought from and I kept it secret from everyone. I didn't exactly hang in a crowd where tdrug use was socially acceptable. This has helped me a lot and opened my mind to a lot of different things. Thanks for sharing your story.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Just an update:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:16 am 
I just wanted too chime in on how im doing. I have been without internet access for quite some time now. May 1st made a year clean for me. I actually started suboxone May 7, 2009 but i had too wait 6 days(May 1 to May 7) too get an appt with my suboxone doctor. I have made so many changes in just this 1 year. I got my life back. I've gottten my family back. I've gotten a job. I turned 25 last month and its the first sober birthday i've had in 8 years. Man what a great feeling it is!! Im not gonna say i havent had problems along the way. Not with drugs but just learning how too deal with normal emotions and feelings is an obstacle in itself. I've learned that i have a little bit of an anger issue which i am in counseling for and its going quite well. My life has changed in ways i thought were impossible and i couldnt have done it without suboxone, my family, counseling and this site. I know i dont really post much but its because i have a hard time putting things into words. Im very thankful for this forum and all the people on it who share their experiences which i have learned a great deal of information from. I hope everybody has a great day being clean and sober!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:25 am 
Wow!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:45 pm 
:D