It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:40 am 
New Poster
New Poster

hi i have a question. Last month i got on a suboxone program. perscribed 8mg day. I was told to get a drug urine screen at another facility but it costs 140 dollars and i couldnt get it that day until i had money so i had to wait three weeks. I didnt see my sub doctor for my next apt but he will wonder why i didnt get the test so really i hope he doesnt wonder because i do take adderall sometimes i have left over from my last doctor two yrs ago because he used to perscribe me 90 a month but hes not practicing anymore and im sure she could verify it but if im hot for amphetamines which i will be i wonder if this is a problem but i do have my scripts for adderall from my last doctor but i dont abuse it and i did schedule an apt for another doctor for adderall. I also listed in my review sheet i was on adderall and she siad if im percribed it to let the doc know. im just curious if when i see the doc wed i explain why i couldnt get the drug test to two days before my apt and i will show him my old scripts from that adderall doc and that i do have adderall and take it sometimes .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Tell your doctor the truth, and I mean the real, full truth because from where I'm standing something doesn't sound really right with this scenerio. First of all, Adderall is not a medication to be taken as needed, especially from two year old scripts, a couple doctors ago. If you're in the process of trying to get back on adderall, have an honest conversation with your Sub doctor and see if he would be willing to prescribe it and manage all your medications to avoid having to see a number of Doctors; lots of MD/Phds are starting to do comprehensive med management for their suboxone caseloads. The fact that you have been a seemingly functional person for two years without taking adderall daily, though, might not help your case. Good luck either way!

T

EDIT: By the way, abusing a medications isn't just taking too many of the pills. Abuse is a maladaptive pattern of use, not following the directions/orders present on every bottle like 'take one tablet three times daily' or whatever. See where I'm going with this?

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.