It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so last year i had to get a prior auth for my suboxone. all went well. this year there is a required urine drug test and a blood test to make sure the suboxone is in your blood stream. iam not worried about that as i do take them as directed. but i have a question about the urine screen. i took .5 of clonzapam at thanksgiving and the next 3 days (my sister in law gave me 4 .5 teva pills so try for my anxiety from my sisters death) so that is .5mg for 11/27, 11/28, 11/29, and 11/30. i have never taken a benzo ever in my life and its not my thing. my urine screen is 12/9. will the benzo part show up dirty? the lab slip says 'drug test" so i dont know how many they are screening for. but its at the hospital outpatient so probably all of them. some websites say its only in for 72 hours..some say 6 weeks! again, i never take benzos so will it filter out?

also, i dont take any opiates...ever. iam on 16mg of zubsolv a day and iam terrorfied its going to show pos for narcotics. anyone have that happen?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Moonwalker,

Based on what I found on the internet the half life of that drug is 30-40 hours. It can take up to 5 half lives for a drug to completely clear your system. It looks like you will be pushing it to me. I think your best bet will be to tell your doctor exactly what happened. If you have been in treatment for a year with no problems then this shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm not too sure about the insurance company though. If you test positive will this keep the ins. company from paying for your meds?

I know it's a scary situation, but honesty is usually the best way to handle these things.

BTW- We usually like to suggest that you only have one thread at a time about the same topic. I'm going to delete the other one so that you can receive all of your answers here.

Thanks,
Q

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:34 pm 

Your test for narcotics will come back positive because buprenorphine, the active ingredient in Zubsolv is a narcotic.

Q gives good advice. The only other alternative is if you can push back the test by a couple of weeks. Is it a hard, firm testing date? What if you had to reschedule for a schedule conflict? Would you be able to do that?

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so i went the store and bought the 40 dollar level 12 drug test. the one that does all the illegal drugs and also 5 misused prescribed ones. everything was negative, even the benzos which was a strong negative. the only thing i was kinda shocked at was the opiate/morphine came back negative but the 'oxy' line came back negative but the line was soooooooo faint. but the test said a faint line is still a clean result. is there any way at 16 mg a day of zubsolv that my body would metabolize that to that?! i havent taken oxy or any narcotic in years and years. even after my c-section i just went back to suboxone. any info would help....

so i went thru with the drug test today. iam nervous because i know that i should be fine but that faint oxy result on my urine test is making me wonder. so they did a urine drug test. then they did a blood test. i know the blood test was to test for the bupe, i read that online. but why did they take 2 viles of blood? as i read online the bupe is a gray top tube, which i saw. then a lightly bigger was was used too. what was that for? are they doing a urine AND blood test for drugs? weird. all my doctor asked for was urine on both. i dont have anthing to hide....it would just be my damn luck to have something go wrong. urgh...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your test was accurate Moonwalker. Either amy wrote that inn a way that was not clear or just had wrong information.

Amy, are you saying a test for narcotics ie oxy, hydrocodone, morphine or heroin will show positive if the person is on Bup (Suboxone, Zubsolv, etc.)? If not, as written, it sounded that way and I think moon took it that way. However this simply is not true. As was the case with moons test, Bup will not show as an opiate on a drug screen unless specifically tested for. I've likely had near 100 tests of all types in five years and have never shown positive for narcotics. My sub doc has to use a test that specifically includes Bup to verify I take it. The opiate panels are always negative. This is easily verified on the net.

While Moonwalkers lab test MAY turn up the benzo - due to the long half life, his opiate tests should be negative if only taking bup - which he is confirming.

You're likly clear moon other than if they send urine to a lab who has better/stronger testing ability. As for how clear the lines are, I'm not sure that is an indicator of anything. One negative is no more clear than another. I don't belive these cheap tests show a stong/clear positive or negative based on line thinness or clarity. That's not how they work. You are either positive, negative or inconclusive. It's sort of the same as a pregnancy test. You either are or you are not. No such thing as clearly pregnent or just barely not pregnent. :)

Don

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:36 am 

Yes, you're right Don. I wasn't very specific. I was actually reacting to this statement: "I don't take any opiates...ever."

Since the OP takes Zubsolv that statement isn't accurate. I was trying to inform the OP that Zubsolv is an opiate based medication, in case they didn't know that already. I didn't do a good job of that, however. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Moonwalker, I had a uds. when Iwent to my first suboxone Dr. and I had taken large doses of vallium for 4-5 days at around 80mg a pop on 10/10 a week later on 10/14 I tested pos for benzos, again on10/21pos for benzos, 11/4 again pos for benzos and the last time 11/13 also pos for benzos. My Dr. would not even consider that I was telling the truth even though I was following the program to the T. I also had a uds on probation a few years ago and was sure I was going to fail as I had taken xanax a week before, however it did not show up. My point is all people are different and metabolism changes depending on many MANY factors.... what is true for one person is not the same for the next. What is true for you today can be completely different for you in a year, a month, or a decade from now. Some people eliminate drugs and their metabolites much slower than others, and what is normal or "average" is not always correct. There are always differences in people and their systems, depends on how your is and the surrounding factors to determine the chances of it being out in time. I would like to say with the smaller amount there is a better chance of it being below the cut off level in the uds. Hope things went well!