It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Today I went into the pharmacy to pick up the rest of my suboxone supply, it's payday. The woman behind the counter asked if I had insurance, I said no. The woman then told me " you know the cost of your medication just went up this weekend, I hope you know that." I was paying $403.60/month, when she asked for $594.67, I got a huge lump in my throat, and felt like I was gonna puke, right then and there. I asked her if that was the price match from sam's club, she said no and checked, $498.67 she said, are you paying cash? I said " that's more than a dollar more per pill", she said call them yourself if you don't believe me, so I did. The woman on the phone said that "our costs went up this weekend, and so did your cost." What in the hell does this company think they are doing? B&R feels that they are going to loose money in Sept. because there orphan drug patent runs up so they just thought they would raise the price over $1.00 per pill?!?! Where am I going to get the money for Rent? Food? Gas? I make too much money for family services and the government to help me, I don't qualify for insurance, and the insurance I do qualify for costs as much as the medication, and I live so tight that ANY increase in daily costs puts me in the red each month. What am I going to do? Ive tried everything, every discount card, every pharmacy, EVERYTHING! Man am I craving right now. If anyone knows anything about this please help.
JayJay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What kind of BS is that?!!!!!!! Raising the price?!?!?! WHY?

Supposedly it goes generic in a few months, and who knows what that will do to the price. Its not really fair that it has to be so expensive. I think the price alone deters some from treatment.

What dose are you at? Maybe you could step it down quick to reduce the cost. You can split up a Schedule III prescription and get in lower quantity. So worst case you could do that if you had to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so sorry to hear that I've no doubt that price keeps many from getting into treatment. Not to get too off point but it doesn't even seem logical to not help addicts without insurance get help I'd guarantee they end up costing taxpayers more money with e.r. visits and through the legal system than if we'd just take responsibility for our fellow Americans and agree make the difficult but cost effective decision and help those who so desperately need it!

I do know there have been times when I've had to break up scripts and pay for them on a weekly basis and it has helped somewhat it's been easier for me to get together less money weekly than a huge monthly payment all at once. I really hope some company will pick up making generic sub when R&B exclusive rights expire and that price will come down a fair amount. I've got roughly another year until I'm no longer covered under my parents insurance so I hope by then sub is affordable my doctors appointments are only 125$ every two months lol it's insane that the medication should cost that much and while I'm sure any price beats using the majority of us would have a really hard time getting over a half a grand together monthly. It would probably be a bigger deal to normies if treatment for some other disease were so far out of reach for most but as I'm sure we're all well aware of by now addicts usually get the short end of the stick 9 times out of 10 when normies make the decisions.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm suprised there aren't any clandestine mexican buprenorphine labratories. I heard they were making fentanyl in mexican labs.

Methadone is real cheap if prescribed for pain. I guess its less than a dollar a pill for 10mg. Someday Suboxone will end up like that I hope

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

ya i've split the rx up many times from getting one day to one week to one month no prob, i'm cutting down starting today, hopefully keep down this time. every time I try I end up going back up again. just sucks that total treatment cost for me per month was $603.60, now its $700.00. I'm also going back to sam's club, they treated me like a customer there, giant eagle treats me like i'm going in with a paper cup asking for change, or a pill if they can spare one, and that's not worth the .80 I save on gas. Going to bed now. I'm sure Reckitt can sleep well knowing a couple more mil. is coming in the door now.
JayJay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey JayJay, that really sucks. From the $ you quoted, it looks like you're taking 16mgs a day & paying over $8 per pill. If that's correct, you can shave $120 off your monthly med bill just by going down to 12mgs a day. And honestly, going from 16mgs to 12mgs shouldn't be that hard. It's mostly a psychological barrier as Sub isn't really more effective after about 4mgs.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

i'm taking 24 mg per day. I take 3 because of night cravings, and pain. Trying to cut down a whole pill, to save money.

JayJay