It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone Prices
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:18 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Gang-

I aven't posted in a couple of months, but I look i on you now and then. I am still on 16 mg sub a day, with no urge to relapse back to vicodin whatsoever. But I have a major problem as far as cost per day for my sub prescription.
When I went to Walgreens to get 15 of my script for 60 subs, I was shocked how much it cast. Turns out the price for the 8 mg films went from $8 back in Jan 2011 to $14 now!!! Holy cow! Has suboxone gone up this much everywhere or is it just Walgreens?

I will start calling other local pharmacies tomorrow, but I thought I woud ask what you all are paying these days.
Here's hoping you are doing well and that we all survived this long, hot summer- LenaD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i take the pills not film so i cant be sure of a price increase i know the pills have stayed right around the 5-8 mark. you may want to try a mom and pop pharm, walgreens is crazy high my sis has a nausea med she takes regularly and walgreens price 185 for 30 pills and frys grocery store 35 WHAT how in the world can the vary that much, both were name brand no generic available but to get back on point wlagreens is so much higher i have found than other pharms. i know the best price on subs in phx is a mom and pop place sorry cant remember the name buy if anyone is in phx and needs just let em know i can find it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi I just posted on the other thread, I am in AZ too. I use CVS right now and pay roughly $8 per strip. I would be interested in the name of the pharmacy. Do you know what they charge for Sub?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I use Walgreen's and I don't have insurance. I am a part of their savings club, I forget what it cost, maybe $25/year or something pretty cheap. I filled my last script on 8/4/2011 and paid $222.99 for 30 8 mg strips. That works out to 7.43/strip. I did call around before I started filling them without insurance back in April, and Walgreen's was the cheapest (compared to CVS, Costco, & Walmart).

Ask about the Walgreen's saving plan. It makes a BIG difference.
I live in SE PA, and if anyone has a cheaper place I would love to hear about it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Freedom, CVS has the same type of plan and I pay the same as you do here. From reading thru other forums I think that is a pretty average price. I continue to go to the same pharmacy because they are extremely nice. Infact they signed me up for the savings plan without me having to even ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

you might want to check suboxone.com, I think there is a
40.00 off coupon for the strips

Post subject: Re: Suboxone Prices
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

LenaD wrote:
<snip>

I will start calling other local pharmacies tomorrow, but I thought I woud ask what you all are paying these days.
- LenaD

Like I had posted in another thread (under "Dosing")-
I just got a very small prescription filled this morning- for four 8 mg tabs and
payed $31.86 for them; I did the math on my calculator, and that roughly comes out
to about $7.97 per tablet.
If you are getting the strips, I do believe that there is a discount card that you can
print out on the Suboxone website that will let you save a considerable amount of
money off of the strips- but I think that you have to be uninsured; and I believe that
it is only good until this September.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

you dont have to be uninsured to use the discount on suboxone.com, I have insurance but a 500 dollar deductable and I was able to use the cards to apply to my deductable. At first it was 75.00 discount, now its a 40.00 one
http://www.suboxone.com/patients/here_t ... x?cid=subx

Post subject: Suboxone Discount Card
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

mg113 wrote:
you dont have to be uninsured to use the discount on suboxone.com, I have insurance but a 500 dollar deductable and I was able to use the cards to apply to my deductable. At first it was 75.00 discount, now its a 40.00 one
http://www.suboxone.com/patients/here_t ... x?cid=subx

Oops! Looks like I was mistaken. Thanks, mg113 for clearing this up.

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

When the films first came out the card was for 75.00 off..... and it was good till march of this year, thats when I decided to jump when the 75.00 off discount was no longer valid lol but hey 45.00 is 45.00 and its all good.