It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: suboxone&potassium
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i here so many story's about this and still think i should get checked out for my potassium levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

John Boy can you please elaborate on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

B-boy". i'm not sure if i have low potassium level. but some one said i very well could have do to subs. and some thing about
brain sinapts or some thing like that can fuck up my mood?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i'm just wondering if i might have HYPOKALIMIA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey johnboy,

Do you take a multi-vitamin? Do you eat right?

From what I've come to learn, we addicts are notorious for not eating properly. When we were 20 years old, we could eat Tupperware and be fine, but now that we're older, proper nutrition is key to proper health.

Banana's are a good source of potassium, you could try to get some more banana's into your diet. Don't eat too many, or you'll end up swinging through the trees like a monkey!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi romeo". i ate three banana's today and sorry but i'm going out side to find some vine's that i can swing on for just a little wile if you don't mind :lol: i do eat well all the stuff we need!! but do you know if any of these meds can lower are potassium levels?

Post subject: Potassium
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:00 pm 

That is really a question for your doctor. My Dr. has me take a blood test every six months due to the meds I take and how they affect my organs. My next test will be to see how my thyroid is doing because of the radiation I had. Nothing to do with Sub though. Luckily Bup and Meth don't contain any Tylenol so it isn't so hard on our livers.

Maybe someone here will know the answer to your question.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ya know, I never even thought of this, but going on 3 weeks now, I have had the worst leg cramps! I never had that before. I had ACL surgeries on both knees when I was 17, I'm 34 now, but I've had absolutely NO problems with my knees or legs since the surgeries. Like I said, for 3 weeks now, my legs have been cramping and I've been telling my husband that I hope I'm not starting now to have problems with my knees again, but even that sounded very unlikely because surely it wouldn't be both knees at the same time. It's not really my knees either, it's just a cramping in my legs.

After seeing your post I googled some things and low potassium is indeed the main culprit for leg cramps.

This is one of the quotes I found on one of the sites I read, "When you are low in potassium, the muscles that rely upon it are adversely affected. As a result, you may experience heart arrhythmia, intestinal bloating and fatigue in addition to muscle cramps that can affect your legs."

I also googled a little about suboxone and low potassium and it does look like there are some cases of this, or maybe I should say there's a lot of people asking that question... You can google it and read a lot about it. I'd definitely mention it to your doctor, as I plan to during my next appointment. Until then, I'm going to to try to eat a bit healthier and eat some bananas too. My legs cramp up so badly sometimes at night it wakes me up. I also sit "indian style" in my chair at my computer, always have. Here in the last few weeks, I haven't been able to sit that way because my legs cramp up so bad.

Huh, just kind of weird that I seen this post today Johnboy and I definitely gotta give ya some merit for it because for me, it seems legit. I'm gonna ask my doc about it and see if it goes away after I start eating more potassium.

Thanks for posting this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh gottcha johnboy yea I would ask you Dr. I know everyone at my methadone clinic has to take 2 blood test a year to check on things and make sure everything is working properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thanks every one". i think reason why people/docs don't bring this up is because other vita'ms medications also raise the p
potassium level in the body more than other related problems. tom who has a phd said this is why he quit med school :lol: :?
he's homeless and could be full of it.