It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello! Thank you for reading!

Back Story: I tried pills at 18 because someone pressured me. I had never liked any other drugs and always said no to them. I tried one Loracet and that forever ruined my life from there on. A friend gave me a pamphlet on Suboxone and decided to give it a try after being addicted to opiates for 3 years. I have been on Suboxone since I was 21 and am now 28 years old so I have been on Suboxone for 7 years. In the 7 years I have been on Suboxone I have never relapsed and my life is completely different. My husband was also on Suboxone with me during this time period but he just recently beat the withdrawals and is now off Suboxone for two months. While on Suboxone all these years it has not held us back. We both have completed college and are working good jobs. We have a nice house, car and a very happy marriage. I have wonderful friends and some of them have no idea I am on Suboxone. I feel like it is a hidden dirty secret. If you met me you would have no idea that I had an opiate/drug past.

Previous Try to Get Off: Three years ago I was determined to get off of Suboxone. I spent 6 months tapering and got down to a crumb. I had my mind set that I was going to get off of it and that was it. I asked my mom to come help take care of me so I wouldn't be alone while my husband was gone at work. My hot water heater stopped working so I couldn't take hot baths and I felt terrible that the one time my mom came to visit me I could not hangout with her because I was in so much pain. I also did not sleep the whole 5 days even with taking Ambien. If I would of slept some I think I would of made it but not sleeping made me live in constant pain. After 5 days, I caved and got back on Suboxone. While most people don't feel withdrawals until 2-4 days after their last Suboxone dose (72 hour half-life), I felt withdrawals immediately after missing my first dose. I am very proud of my husband for getting off Suboxone. He did it with Gabapentin, muscle relaxers, and OTC sleep medicine. He was in pain the whole time of his withdrawal and did not experience relief until day 7. My husband jumped off at 1 1/2 mgs. He was needing to go on a trip to Saudi Arabia and had to jump from Suboxone right then since he knew he could not take Suboxone into Saudi Arabia.

My New Plan: I realize people might not agree with my plan but I am just looking for some good advice from experienced people who have successfully beat the withdrawal. My plan is to taper down to the smallest amount I can within a week. I am currently on 1 to 1 1/2 mgs. I had to move my withdrawl time period up because of some family issues (grandmother sick) and that is why I haven't had the chance to successfully taper to my ideal amount in time. I think even with being on 1mg I can do it. I am not worried about relapsing on any of the ingredients that I will be using to withdrawal because i've had no urge to relapse in 7 years and I would never let that happen. I literally have not done one drug in 7 years so going back to an addiction is not a worry of mine. I also do not like any of the drugs listed below and that is why I have a lot in my possession. I have been saving them for when I jump off. So please be open to my list of withdrawal relievers. I do understand if you would not personally use them. Everyone is different and you have to find your own path to get off Suboxone successfully.

What I'm using this time: I will be jumping June 1st!!
1. Elimidrol AM and PM: As soon as it comes in the mail I'm going to start taking it. I read it was great but hearing first hand experience would be nice.
2. Gabapentin: I will take this as needed but have more than enough. I hear this works well and my husband said he couldn't of made it without it.
3. Xanax: I have a small amount and will use as needed or if things get really bad and I need sleep.
4. L-tyrosine
5. Kraton: I ordered Super Red Vein Borneo. I know this is very controversial but I am open to giving it a try at small dosages. I will not use it for more than a week because obviously I don't want to become dependent on it or have withdrawals from it. I hear it helps alleviate a lot of the withdrawal symptoms and I am open to anything that might work. If it doesn't work I'll discontinue it. I read online it will not prolong my withdrawal.
6. Muscle Relaxers: If I absolutely need them I will have them available.
7. Loperamide: To help with stomach problems.

I am sorry this turned out long. I would appreciate hearing any advice or experience from fellow Suboxone users. I have read countless forums and articles so hopefully I have a good handle on what ingredients I need. If there's something I'm missing I would appreciate a response! Thanks for your time!
Brittany

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:03 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Brittany, welcome to the forum!

I am still on 1.5 mgs/day so still heading towards my jump off point. I just wanted to lend you my support. You sound very determined and that is a big percentage of a successfull jump. Your plan sounds good. I've heard pros and cons about the kraton...perhaps someone with experience will chime in.

Congrats to your husband and I'm sure you can do this! I've read stories here of people jumping from where you are and being successfull. It seems if you can make it through the first 2-3 weeks, it will get better from there.

Please post and journal your jump. Remember that 1 - 1.5 mgs of sub is still a good sized dose and if at anytime you decide to change up your plan, it's ok. It's your jump....your way :)

Best of luck!

CA

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your reply. Yes you are right 1 to 1.5 mgs is still a lot. I wouldn't dream of coming off this much if I didn't have to go help my grandmother in two weeks. It was very unexpected that she got sick so I couldn't plan for it. So these next two weeks is all I have to withdrawal. I feel pretty good about my list of withdrawal ingredients. The only ingredient I'm a little worried about is the Kratom. I hope someone comments about their withdrawal using Kratom. Congrats on getting down to the current dose you are at! It is not easy and I still read about a lot of people having a hard time tapering to our amount. I will try to keep a journal of my journey to help others. I probably won't post during my withdrawal but will after I'm done. I really just need to tell myself I can do this. The last time I tried and failed really messed with my confidence. Thank you for the support I could really use it right now!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:23 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I do hope someone will come along and have some knowledge about the kratom for you, Brittany. The board is not as active as I've seen it in the past...it kind of comes and goes around here :)

I've tried to taper twice before and failed so don't feel bad...you have company! :( It is such a mental game and you begin to get tired of the reductions and cutting and constantly on edge about whether that next drop will make you sick or not. I wish I had the courage to go ahead and jump like you are! I'm 57 years old, work full-time, and just don't think I could do it so here I am trying to taper.

Hoping you will get some answers. Get that confidence up! We can do anything we HAVE to do.

CA

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:58 pm 

Hey Done,
There are many posts about Kratom here. I do not have experience myself but I do understand that when tapering off an opiate if you do indeed take another form of opiate you can draw out the wd process..

Go to the top control panel, hit Search, them ,in the box with the flashing bar type in Kratom. .You will have plenty to read then..

Good luck and keep posting..

Razor...

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah I think Kratom is a bad idea. I'd stick to anything non-narcotic and without opiate qualities. I was even weary of Imodium.. You may have more control than me but I would've def got hooked on Kratom afterwards. Keep us posted, also you said you probably won't post during withdrawal... It helped me out so much to post and read during the withdrawal. Good luck to you

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the replys and support. I have searched a lot of forums on Kratom. I have not found very many where the people detail their taper with it though. They normally just say it's amazing, it helped me, or don't do it. There's no full journal out there that I have found. I don't know what to believe. Some say it will not prolong the withdrawal because it is not a real opiate and it is short acting. But who knows what to believe y'all are probably right. I've already ordered it and spent the money so I feel like I might try it. I feel so anxious right now because the day is drawling nearer. I cut myself down tomorrow to 1mg and then the rest of the week to .5. I wish my vitamins would hurry up and get here. I keep reading how helpful they are to start before your withdrawal. I think I have read 1,000 forums to try and get good ideas but still feel a bit confused on what will work for me because nothing really helped me last time. I will try and post this time around during my withdrawal. Last time I couldn't even function but I'm hoping with my regime of withdrawal ingredients I might be able to do it. I really appreciate all the advice and support.

Clearaqua: While I might not be as old as you I am older then a lot of people I see on this board. I'm nervous quitting since I'm a bit older and have heard it gets harder the older you get but it is still possible. Stick with your taper plan and you can pull through. Stop when your mind is determined to stop. I feel a bit rushed right now but I am really trying to mentally prepare. Good luck to you! Keep pushing and you will pull through.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:48 pm 

Hi D & D, and welcome to the forum!

I think your taper will work fine and you'll be feeling better by day 15 to day 20. Taking Kratom will ease your withdrawal symptoms because it acts upon the same receptors in the brain as do opiates. Therefore, taking Kratom will slow down your healing process. I know that's a bummer, but it's true. This statement concerns me more, however:

" I am not worried about relapsing on any of the ingredients that I will be using to withdrawal because i've had no urge to relapse in 7 years and I would never let that happen. I literally have not done one drug in 7 years so going back to an addiction is not a worry of mine."

Opiate addiction has changed your brain. You can not afford to ignore your recovery because you've been able to stay off drugs for 7 years. Suboxone took away those cravings for the time it you were taking your medication every day. Don't underestimate the ability of addiction to turn your recovery on its head! You need to keep remembering how active addiction ruined your life at the time when you were abusing drugs! On the other hand, don't give up hope if you do slip! Many addicts stumble on their way to a life on her way to a life of recovery. Don't give up hope! We are rooting for you!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply. All of that is very true. I look forward to reporting back to y'all soon.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just incase the two other post didn't stop you from taking Kratom, it is very dumb, the reason there aren't many journals is moat people switch!! chlondine and muscle relaxers. Everything else looked okay. Get something with electerolytes, just accept you'll have a few sleepless nights. Best of luck to you. Exercise does wonders!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you. I started a little early on the 31st with my jump off. I'm keeping a full journal with all details and will post it when I am feeling better. It's been rough so far but trying to do my best. Thanks for all the support and advice. I'll be posting everything soon.
Brittany

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:26 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

You should be on day 3 now and I wish you the very best in your jump, Brittany! Good luck and we can do anything we set our mind to! Please let us know how it goes :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the encouragement you are very sweet. I am now on day 5. I have been reading hundreds of forums over the years of my Suboxone use and decided it would be important to keep a detailed withdrawal log. I decided to take the Kratom and it has really helped me. I can't see how people would permanently take Kratom because of the god awful taste but to each their own. As soon as I am in the clear I will post my whole journey. I tried to be as detaiedl as I could. Thanks again for the support and I'll be posting soon!