It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello,

As in most parts of the United States, we have a tremendous problem with opiate addiction in Washington State. As a board certified emergency physician for many years, I have often felt frustrated and helpless when it comes to opiate addiction. However, when I learned more about Suboxone and how it works, I felt hopeful. Over the last few years, I have learned more and more about Suboxone as well as opiate addiction and dependence. In July of last year, I started treating patients who had problems with opiates.

Taking care of these patients has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. I feel like I'm truly making a difference. Seeing these people get their families back, careers back, lives back; it's awesome!

Although it's more rewarding financially to work in the Emergency Department, the rewards I'm able to feel by changing these people's lives is well worth it.

As I have worked more and more with these patients, I have developed a passion to rid the problem of opiate addiction in Washington State. As a result, I have developed a program called Ideal Option. We have a holistic approach to opiate addiction. We have physicians, physician assistants, medical assistants, chemical dependency professionals and an array of other staff to work with these patients so they can eventually get off all opiates and stay off them.

Our program started in the Tri Cities, Washington and is now expanding to Yakima, Washington. Fortunately, the success of our program (success is defined by our patients) has led to the ability to find other physicians who are passionate about helping these patients.

If there are patients in Eastern Washington, Southeast Oregon or anywhere within our vicinity who need help with opiate addiction, we are available to help.

Also, I'm not sure how to make a financial contribution to this site to keep it going, but would like to. This is an extremely well put together site for people who have problems with opiates and I would like to support it.

If we can help, our phone number is (509) 222-1275.

Jeffrey Allgaier, M.D., FACEP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Dr. Allgaier,

Thank you so much for the work you are doing to help the addicted.

We have members here who see physicians that charge exorbitant fees to write a prescription and leave the room. It is refreshing to hear from a doctor who really cares!

I am an RN in the Washington Health Professional Services program for addicted health care workers. I was caught diverting dilaudid a year ago. Although I have been on Suboxone for three years, I only really started working hard on sobriety after I was caught. Having required support meetings, relapse prevention CEs, and no narcotic access has made a huge difference. I needed more than just suboxone so it was good to hear your practice has a team approach. Us addicts need all the help we can get!

I wish you the best with the expansion to Yakima and am happy the people there are getting more options. Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:24 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: You made my day
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:32 pm 

Thank You so much doctor for doing what you're doing. I took the liberty of copying a paragraph from our front Index page to address the contribution matter. It is:

We put this forum together to raise awareness of the current epidemic of opioid dependence, to foster open discussion about the disease of addiction, and to further education about the proper use of buprenorphine. We receive no compensation from outside sources beyond a few bucks per year from Google Adsense. Specifically, we receive NO compensation from pharmaceutical companies, including Reckitt-Benckiser, the maker of Suboxone and Subutex. We have no interest in furthering ANY agenda, other than a general goal of reducing the number of deaths from addiction. If you are interested in supporting this site through donations or advertising, please feel free to contact us at admin@suboxforum.com. Any relationship with advertisers will be disclosed here. If you are a billionaire, hate addiction and want to buy everyone a super-charged forum, we would be willing to struggle with the moral issues caused by accepting your generous gift.