It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ok i dont kno what im doing when it comes to forums so please bear with me lol...hey mayb sumone here can help me out, iv read probably everything there is to read on paws and suboxone withdrawal..i used painkillers for about 4 years and been on suboxone for about 1 and half..im 23 years old..while on suboxone i turned my life around and began fighting mixed martial arts and just all together staying away from bad influences and dont even drink...i stopped my suboxone 18 days ago..i jumped off at 2mg a day..i kno i should have tapered alil more but i had the courage to stop that day and i wanted to take advantage..my sleep still isnt there i get about 4 hours a night..i cant focus..so i cant train because i will get hurt if im not on my game...my main questions is is smoking pot helping or hurting me...i find it has helped me eat, sleep ,and relax..i make myself lift weights and run everyday..i was curious if anyone knew anything about the effects of pot on a recovering brain .any help would be appriciated..."damaged people are the most dangerous becuz they know they can survive"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:09 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have sucessfully used marijuana to keep my eating schedule in order, I originally started at 120 mg methadone and over about two years dropping 3-5 mg at a time, im now on 2mg of suboxone. When I run out I have to drive to my friends place with a trashbag in my hand, if I cant hold food down I progressively get weaker, and sicker, and weaker and sicker.... It really started because I would wake up sick and did not want to take the chance of throwing up my methadone right after I took it, because its always, at least for me, the worst in the morning when my medicine has run dry out of my system.

SO. Wake up. Smoke a fat bowl, take your medicine, eat healthy and take vitamins. Withdrawl really beats the crap out of your system, not only physically either.

I would have been on methadone for the rest of my life if I hadn't been a pothead for the last 10+ years..

120,117,110,105,100,96,92,88,84,79,74,69,65,60,55,49,44,40,39,34,29,24,19,14 (switched to 8mg subox) 6,4, and now im on 2 but not for long. FUCK this medicine this is not how life is meant to be lived. put 3 to 4 weeks between each of those numbers and thats the drop schedule Ive been though the last two years

I'm about to go pack a fat bowl on my bubbler, you should do the same. Good luck to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow sounds like your smoking weed and saying that u are in recovery. Lmao I don't even know where to begin with that. Hmmm I think I'm gonna go snort some coke cause I have no energy.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:59 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Recovery? dude whatever got you in such a bad mood that you felt like you needed to say that, well, it shows how bunk you are. I simply told him how I, ME, made it though the withdrawals and haven't shot dope in two years, not to mention kicking methadone :D . If you feel like you need to jump all over me for that you need to find a new forum, or don't post at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there, listen... there is no problem with a nice indica strain of weed to help you through, weed isnt a problem at all, due to german researchers using the volcano vaporizer over a 3 year test cannabis causes 0% damage to the body using weed this way. If its an indica, it will help you but you wont wanna do much, maybe go for a sativa strain of weed, thats only if you can get hold of a choice. failing that, whatever really, ive smoked cannabis day in day out for over 10 years and that is one thing i wouldnt call a drug, but a sacred herb. it WILL help with withdrawals but let me say one thing about it. if you are experiencing really bad anxiety, not mild BAD, then go easy or dont bother till its better cos if you are suffering with anxiety cannabis can bring that on if not smoked via a GOOD vapourizer. It helped me get clean from all opiates both times and i continued using cannabis as i always have done. id rather smoke than drink. besides, many countries have now made it legal, and plenty of others are considering it. check out info on dopefiend. anyway im rambling now, but yea... it should help you but i suppose it is down to the individual, some people dont get on with the sativa or indica strains of weed and others love both. go for it, it will help you, if not, stop it right away. and remember cannabis only enhances what you have in the first place, like i said about the anxiety thing. anyway....

blessings, and good luck, hang in there and think positive! get loads of music on if your a music lover like me! once your time is done its done. good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

one more thing.... when i started my detox from sub, i didnt sleep for 7 days and it was proper doing me in, so what i did was get some benzo's but made sure i didnt use them for any more than 3 days, then leave it another 5/7 days if/before you need to use anymore. 30ml diazepam helped me a great deal and from then on i was able to get a good 5/6 hours sleep, but every few days the time keeps creeping up, im at about 7 hours now, after 1 month clean :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Your gonna try to justify smoking weed to me or anyone else that's been here for a while that shit isn't gonna work. Its like people saying I was never addicted to smoking weed so its ok. I never shot H so its ok if I shoot up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Pot never destroyed my life, I never missed work because I couldn't find any pot. Inever stole to get pot. I never have been arrested and put in jail because of pot. I've never thrown up for day after day because I didn't have pot. Oxycontin on the other hand..............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just wanted to be sure we kept in mind that we are not to encourage others to engage in illegal activity. My own personal opinion however is that it's no buisness of mine if someone else chooses to smoke pot. When I got clean this last time and started Suboxone (3 years ago Nov21'st woot!!!) I chose to stop smoking pot, drinking, and have even since quit smoking and it's worked for me so far but I'm not saying my way of staying clean is the right way for others to stay clean nor will I attempt to define what being "clean" is for anyone else. That's not what we're about here in my opinion we're here to talk about how to stop using opiates, talk about success or failures with Suboxone, how to stay clean after stopping Suboxone, etc. I'd just like people to keep in mind we're all here to help one another it's just not worth getting into a personal arguments and potentially turning others seeking help from us off by shouting matches with one another. Just my 2cents
Joey hang in there man I'll be hoping things start getting easier for you, if I were you I'd stay away from going back to using opiates by any means neccessary short of turning to another drug to deal with life. If there's one thing I've learned from my personal experience it's that I'm an addict and when presented with the oppurtunity I'll always want to change the way I feel by putting something into my body rather than deal with reality like a normy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

RonnieSr79 wrote:
Your gonna try to justify smoking weed to me or anyone else that's been here for a while that shit isn't gonna work. Its like people saying I was never addicted to smoking weed so its ok. I never shot H so its ok if I shoot up.

No one here needs to justify themselves to you or anybody else about how they choose to manage their withdrawal. Your just balking at everyone that chooses to participate in smoking marijuana, which obviously I'm not the only one who knows about its nausea relieving properties among other symptoms it alleviates that we all have to go through. Not to mention those of us who aren't on a "maintenance" schedule and actively decrease our dosage on a regular basis. I can't imagine what makes you think I need to prove to you why I choose to maintain my schedule of tapering off this medicine in this way. You the one that brought up your textbook definition of "recovery" on everybody, not me. I never claimed that in the first place. Quite the opposite, actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Joey-

Please read the following for more information on Marijuana. At one point in my life, I was a pot enthusiast, but I no longer smoke it because there is no reason I feel is good enough for me to start again. I have a very addictive personality, and tend to use a crutch if it is available, so I prefer to stay clear of any drugs or alcohol aside of my prescribed medication.

Here is some information for you to look into:

NIDA Marijuana Effects

Web Health Cannabis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'M NOT ENDORSING POT EITHER, JUST TO MAKE THAT CLEAR. I don't think that it is that bad, just like if you were never an alcoholic and choose to have a glass of wine with dinner while your clean from pills, it seems ok. Some of us, mainly myself, choose to refrain from any mind altering substances, afraid that if I get drunk I'll run to oxy. Or if I smoke a little pot to calm my nerves, then why shouldn't I take some xanax too. I think that what ever helps a person is a good thing, if a little pot helps with DT's than what is it of my business. But lust like all of us the 1st time you used you weren't an addict, but before you knew it you were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:53 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

All I'm saying is that I am able to function, more so than if I was clutching a toilet for the better part of the day. I'm able to eat somewhat regularly, and I'm not rolling in pain when I have it.. but make no mistake eating once every 24 hours sometimes longer, and I'm talking about a half a sandwich, maybe.. is not out of the question, it happens several days out of every 2-3 weeks after I've decreased my dosage and it takes its toll after 3 or 4 bad days in a row.

I know what its like to spit highlighter yellow bile from my stomach from nothing being in it and not even being able to keep down a 25mg Phenergan.

Apparently ole RonnieSr79 is the king of sobriety and hes actually the one who reads everything bad youve done to you after you die so be careful what you tell him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:26 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

RonnieSr79 wrote:
Wow sounds like your smoking weed and saying that u are in recovery. Lmao I don't even know where to begin with that. Hmmm I think I'm gonna go snort some coke cause I have no energy.

How many states have made medicinal marijuana legal now? Have you ever been to a medicinal marijuana doctor? I happen to be looking at a lighter that was given to me from the Medical Marijuana Of Orange County in San Diego, California. I don't give a rats ass what you think you know about recovery because your apparently an idiot in more than one regard. "Hmmm I think I'm going to go snort some coke for some energy".... your a retard. You have no concept of what your saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My personal belief is that marijuana does have some beneficial properties and I judge no one.

But like Matt2 said, for me, if I cross that line it would be that much easier to cross all the rest of my personal lines.

When I quit the morphine, perc's, benzos, too many sleeping pills, etc.,etc., in December '08, I also quit smoking pot.

But that was because of who I am. I was VERY psychologically addicted to it. I smoked 24/7 along with all the other drugs I abused. If I went back to smoking pot even occasionally, I'm certain it would set the whole crazy thing back in motion for me again, and that's the last thing I want to do. But I'll admit I do miss it sometimes. (I never could do much in moderation. LOL.)

(One of these days I'll have to give you guys my story/introduction - better late than never.)

Melis

[b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:06 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

This marijuana nazi that hasn't said anything since I called his bullshit must be living under a rock or something. I don't deny that there is a possibility that some people feel like if they smoke marijuana they will run off and get some dope and if you feel that way, by all means, don't smoke. I smoke because it benefits my ability to maintain. If that is too bare for anyone to understand let me clarify, I have real problems keeping food down after eating, I'm not fucking bulimic but I might as well be without being able to smoke.

Thank you to everyone who at the least has an open mind about the medicinal properties of marijuana, whether you choose to partake or not.

Hey ronnie, I smoke marijuana, and I'm in recovery, go fuck yourself. :D