It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I understand the drugs in suboxone are not new but the mixtures of the drug in these doses are new that is all I was saying. If people can do well with suboxone and get clean than I say F@#^ the side effects I just would have liked to have a better understanding on the side effects that popped up or at least been ready for them. But that wasn’t the case for many of us so I could see why people would blame suboxone and be upset and at the same time I see your side it is a drug any drug will have side effects. I guess the reason I got upset with suboxone because it was affecting my mental health and till suboxone I never had any of these mental health issues and now that I am off suboxone they have gotten better. But mental health side effects were never brought up to me by my Suboxone DR or in the huge 3 page front and back pamphlet that you get each script. And after starting a thread I have also found out that many others have had these issues as well. And I just wish there could have been more testing to at least understand what was happening to me.

But at the end of the day like I said if you can get clean and beat opiate addiction and deal with the strange side effects than go for it. New old or in between it doesn’t matter if it worked for that person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am glad your feeling better bboy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I apologize, perhaps I haven't been around long enough to see people blaming suboxone for all kinds of crazy side effects.

My personal feelings are that although I do know I have some minor side effects, such as sweating, I believe that suboxone is truly a miracle drug for me. Like Romeo, i would probably take it even if my nose fell off my face. Well, maybe that's getting a bit carried away! But I am so thankful to have found this drug, and I meant no offense to say what I said.

You know there are other possibilities, like interactions with other medications? I think one of the things about me, as an addict, is wanting to know everything possible about meds. I understand this is common, but don't want to make generalizations. Anyway, so much of the information comes from places like this, or whatever else I can glean from the internet.

Like I said, and this is a true story, no exaggeration: When I asked my sub doctor if it caused sweating, she said she has never heard of that. I come to find out, via the internet, that sweating is indeed a common side effect. So personally, I don't feel like I get ANY useful information from my doctor. I don't feel confident that she can give me any appropriate information about the drug. I rely on you guys for my information, and perhaps I was not well informed about some of the other issues, so again apologies on questioning stp. But I do want to be able to ask if anyone else has some of the same issues I do, and I hope that now that you know where I am coming from, you will understand if I do.