All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone out of stock
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi it's Queenie,

I hope you are all doing well. I'm o.k.

I saw my Sub doctor and all is well. He sent my pharmacy an RX for 6 months, as usual.

For the first time since I have been using this pharmacy, I get a call. "We received your doctor's RX but we called to order the medicine and they are out of stock. Today is Thurday, we may get them by Wednesday. Can you call your doctor and have him send the request to another pharmacy that might have them?" I couldn't believe it! How could the manufacturer run out? I have 3 tablets left, which would make my last dose on Sunday. I panicked and started thinking of other pharmacies in my neighborhood to call. Then I thought, well if this pharmacy is ordering and they don't have them, the same thing is going to happen with other neighborhood pharmacies.

My phone rings, it's my pharmacy. "Hi, we have 15 tablets we can give you until we get the order filled." O.K., no problem. But, I have one question. Where did they get 15 from? Maybe someone got an rx filled and 15 were leftover?

Well, at least I know I will have enough until they stock them. I will, however, try to stash some. I usually do that by skipping a day here & there.

That's the story for today. I hope you are all doing alright. Take care of yourselves and remember, Queenie loves you. Keep up the fight. Don't give in and don't give up.

Queenie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hello Queenie!

There is nothing worse than having to be at the "mercy " of the Pharmacy. Every 6 months, my insurance does a "Prior Authorization" And it usually takes 10 days to get it approved. 10 days without medication. I have had the Pharmacy tell me they are out of stock on Subs as well. But this usually takes a day or two for them to order the meds and fill the prescription. It looks like your takes a little longer at about a week. This does happen and we must be prepared for it.

Yes... let this be a lesson learned to Stock pile , stock pile!!

I am beyond prepared with my extra stash. It is unfortunate that we have to squirrel the medicine away. But...these kind of situations happen too frequent to chance. Thank goodness they had 15 to tide you over til the rest is checked in. And ..thanks for posting this, it certainly lets the Newbies know how important it is to have a few extra for when "life " happens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Raudy,

Yes, "stockpile" is the way to go. Thank goodness we can skip a day or two without getting sick. In this case, the pharmacy said the manufacturers of Suboxone could not fill the order. The company that makes the medication was out of stock. My pharmacist said there is a high demand for Suboxone and the suppliers are running out faster than they can fill the orders. Seems like a good thing. It means Suboxone is being used more. I was watching a show on TLC channel called "My 600lb. life" and a man that had constant pain because of lymphodema, as a result of being grossly overweight, got addicted to opioids. On the show, they sent him to rehab and put him on Suboxone. It's the first time I have ever heard Suboxone mentioned on a TV show. I'm glad that it's becoming more popular as a way to break free from that hell we know as addiction.

Take care of yourself my friend and let's hope we can get our Suboxone when we need it.

Love & hugs,

Queenie

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:12 pm 

Hi Queenie, our beloved grandmother of the forum! Like Raudy, I too stockpile and it's a lot easier than a person thinks. To just cut down a milligram or two you won't notice the difference. Then just remember to rotate the stock so it doesn't expire.

We watched the same TV show about that guy. Wasn't he the most obnoxious addict you've ever seen? A true addict through and through. 60 pills a day and roughly 17 visits to the ER via Whambalance every month! I really hope he finds recovery and gets off the taxpayers dime. His charges must be in the tens of millions over the last decade. It was the only show that got me so mad at the person with the addiction, mostly because of his attitude of screwing over every person available. I hope they do an update on him by next year.

But back to you. Yes, please start your stockpile ASAP. I now have a two months supply stashed away.

Glad it worked out for you,

rule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Queenie!
Always great to hear from you. Idk, but the thing that comes to mind is that different pharms have different aligned distributers. And a pharm's distributer might have had a large order and run low. That's why some pharms will say if critical, to transfer a script. Imo, manufacturers forecast production, both thru distributer's orders AND thru competitor info AND thru growing addiction rates. IDK that it was a manufacturer w slow or low production. Most/all US pharms go thru distributors and I think the lack of inventory lies w them. Glad it seems to have worked out for you.

Crazy that its so hard, isn't it?? Head shaking - really. Best, Peli

PS Idk that show, should I check it out? Agree w you all to stockpile. I still have mine from a few years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:59 am 

I haven't saw the tv show ur talking about, but I'm happy to hear it shows suboxone in a positive light because almost everything I have watched on tv that even mentions suboxone, it has been negative. I cringe when I see ppl making it negative on tv.

Intervention does nothing, that I've seen, to show how positive buprenorphine is. I feel like that show is always focused on complete abstinence, 12 steps and all that. Any time I've saw them show anything about bupe it's ppl addicted and selling it or ppl shooting it... just a bunch of negative crap.

There's a show called Kentucky Justice (it doesn't come on anymore though) and this show makes suboxone look worse than anything I've ever saw. All it does is talk about suboxone being sold and suboxone being found in ppls vehicle during searches etc etc. This town isn't far from the town my clinic is in and there's a few patients who go to my clinic that live in this town, so I asked about the show the other day, and why they made suboxone look so horribly on that show. Of course these ppl didn't know and they obviously don't think sub is negative but they did tell me that the show isn't on anymore because the sheriff stole a huge amount of drug money and is now being indicted. So I guess he shouldn't have spent all his time hunting down ppl on suboxone for tv cameras. Maybe they should have been paying more attention to their sheriff. I'm sorry but that show made me sooooo mad and what made it worse was how close by it was, it painted an awful picture of suboxone and that's not cool.

Why does it seem like no one is giving buprenorphine the credit it deserves? I know there's ppl who aren't doing right but there's a lot who's living again because of it. Why not focus on the ppl who's lives have been saved? I don't mean to go on a rant but the way tv portrays bupe is mostly negative and it drives me insane :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes!! I saw the 600 lb show too. i was also sooo happy that it showed Suboxone as a "treatment" medication. The guy that was taking it no matter how obnoxious and rude kept saying i need my "detox medication" for my treatment. I was so glad that they said it was a "treatment" med and not a drug.

Intervention seems to think taking Subxone is another drug just like cocaine or heroine. Methadone too, I have see the synopsis for intervention saying "David" is addictied to Methadone and bathsalts?? or " Lisa" is addicted to Subxone and Crystal meth. if the Tv Show is going to put what they are addicted too, they need to leave out the Addiction meds and only put the meds that are harmful. i.e. David is addicted to Bath salts. Lisa is addicted to Crystal meth. Why throw in the others when it just brings those medications down the sewer with the rest of the illegal drugs. Anyways . .. I could go on and on.

Queenie, i am also happy to see that suboxone is being prescribed so much now . It looks like the word is getting out. Finally..

The one thing I can suggest to everyone on this blog is this: BE THE EXAMPLE OF WHAT A DECENT HUMAN BEING SHOULD BE ON SUBOXONE. Be kind to the doctor or pharmacist when picking up your meds. Don't sell your medication or mix it with other illicit drugs. Be healthy and kind to your body. Don't give anyone a reason to think that being on Subxone is the same as being on Cocaine, heroin,etc.

Ok I'm OFF my soap box now. Have a great weekend everyone!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:02 pm 

Yessss raudy! That's exactly right! It takes one person not doing right with their medication out of a hundred doing great, and all u will hear about is that one negative experience. It's crazy but true!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:10 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Pelican wrote:

PS Idk that show, should I check it out? Agree w you all to stockpile. I still have mine from a few years ago.

it a show about 600lb plus people who are required to lose some weight before the dr will do a gastric bipass. they do have food addictions and people enabling them by bringing them food.
theres another show about people who have lost 100s of lbs and have to have their extra skin removed! i think that one it Skin Tight
both on TLC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sister, thanks. Both shows sound unusual. I've never heard of them as I rarely watch TV except for news where I did hear that Momma June lost 150lbs so I'm in the know a tiny bit. Ha. Best P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:17 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Pelican wrote:
Sister, thanks. Both shows sound unusual. I've never heard of them as I rarely watch TV except for news where I did hear that Momma June lost 150lbs so I'm in the know a tiny bit. Ha. Best P

i saw that too! gotta love TLC. sometimes you just can't look away from the train wreckage!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Queenie, our beloved forum grandmother. Sounds like you were in a tight there for a minute. What a pain to have to worry about shopping around for Suboxone somewhere other than where you are used to getting it. I'm glad they came through for you and I pray they continue. Hope your daughter and son in law and of corse yourself are doing fine otherwise. I miss you. Sincerely, Bamagirl aka Angie Oh and I love watching TLC, and I have seen 600 lb life but have never had the pleasure of seeing the one where the man was on Suboxone. I bet that was a pretty interesting show.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:59 am 

I also love TLC and watched Mama June last night, she looks amazing! She obviously got her teeth done and it looks a little bit too big for her mouth but other than that, she looks amazing (always been a fan of mama June). My favorite channel is Bravo though :) except for when Walking Dead is on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:13 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

jennjenn wrote:
I also love TLC and watched Mama June last night, she looks amazing! She obviously got her teeth done and it looks a little bit too big for her mouth but other than that, she looks amazing (always been a fan of mama June). My favorite channel is Bravo though :) except for when Walking Dead is on.

Have you seen Mr Robot? Elliot the main character is addicted to morphine, but will only buy it if he can get suboxone, too so he doesn't w/d. idk how believable his addiction is. it doesn't seem that he uses all the time, so why would he need the subs? and they pronounce suboxone weird, too. like suboxOOne (long o sound)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:39 pm 

No I've never heard of Mr Robot. Sounds wild! Is it a reality show or scripted? What station does it air on? I'm a huge reality tv fan (with the exception of Walking Dead which is my absolute obsession). One show I did watch a lot though was Nurse Jackie. It's off air now but was about a nurse who was addicted to opiates. It was really an awesome show, came on Showtime I think :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:58 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

jennjenn wrote:
No I've never heard of Mr Robot. Sounds wild! Is it a reality show or scripted? What station does it air on? I'm a huge reality tv fan (with the exception of Walking Dead which is my absolute obsession). One show I did watch a lot though was Nurse Jackie. It's off air now but was about a nurse who was addicted to opiates. It was really an awesome show, came on Showtime I think :)

Don't forget about House! The Dr. was addicted to vicodin!

Looks like Mr. Robot is on USA. here's what imbd said... "Follows Elliot, a young programmer working as a cyber-security engineer by day, and a vigilante hacker by night."
Christian Slater is on the show. omg yum!! lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:00 am 

Love some Christen Slater!!!!!!