It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

My Pharmacy Always Has My Suboxone In Stock When I Take My Prescription In To Be Filled...
Yes, Always. 44%  44%  [ 22 ]
Sometimes they have half of it in. 14%  14%  [ 7 ]
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't 28%  28%  [ 14 ]
Never. I always have to wait a day or two. 14%  14%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey, does this ever happen to any of you? I've been going to the same pharmacy to over a year to get my Suboxone prescription filled and it seems like almost every single time I take my prescription in they are either almost out of stock of Suboxone or all the way out of stock and I end up either getting only a portion of my meds filled and have to wait a day or two for the rest or they are completely out of stock and I have to wait a few days without until they get it back in stock. You would think they'd know to restock ahead of time since I'm probably not the only one going there and I always show up about the same day each month. Today is one of those "We are completely out of stock of that medication. Call us back in two days and we will see if we have it then." Aaargh! I guess I'm lucky that withdrawals won't start up too badly until the third or fourth day, huh? I have a half of an eight mg tablet left, which I am going to cut into half and end up taking two mgs today and two mgs tomorrow and hope they have it in stock by thursday. Normally I'm on eight mgs a day broken in half. Four mgs in the morning and four mgs in the early evening. Damn pharmacy. :(

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess I've been lucky, it's almost always been available when I take my script in. I think it has to do with the individual pharmacy and how they order the meds. Maybe it's time to check out a different pharmacy? Sounds like a real pain in the ass, if you ask me.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes, it is a major pain in the ass and I do think it's high time that I start looking for a new pharmacy.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is not an issue at the pharmacy I use now but when I first started sub it was very hard to find. I finally talked to the Pharmacy Manager who does the orders and we had a deal that two days before my dr appt. I would call him and he would make sure to have it in stock. I did exactly that and he always had it ready to fill when I came in. Hope that helps. Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Jim. It does help. I will see about doing that from now on. Maybe we can all work together, (myself, doc and pharmacist), to make it happen on time next month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:10 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have the same agreement as reraise with my pharmacist. For awhile they were always short on the 2mg pills, while they always had some to give me, I would have to dive back in a few days for the rest. I use a pharmacy close to my doctors office (about a 25 min drive) so going back was starting to be a pain in my ass. For the past year I will call 2 days before my appointment and they make sure to have enough in stock. If you have been a regular there for some time there's no reason they can't be prepared. Talk to your pharmacy about it. If they tell you they can't order without a script, they are lying. Good luck.
P.S.
Try to build up a little surpluss for these kinds of situations, it's come in handy a few times for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This happened to me and it was even worse than them just not having them. I went back for the same prescription 6 times in 2 weeks. I'd call in the morning to say I was coming, then get there and they wouldn't have my script ready and then they'd say "oh we can only give you 6" or "I can give you 10 today." They made me late for work 3 times and I got fired. Now I'm struggling to get my medicine at all and in danger of losing my home. I reported them to the DEA because they are up to something funny.

Squire Drugs
Springfield, PA

NEVER EVER EVER go there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My pharmacy never has them. I always have to wait 1-2days to get them. That piss me off But you know that's why I always keep like 12 in back stock so I don't have to worry

Post subject: Sub at the pharmacy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I see my Sub doctor at a clinic. The clinic has a pharmacy & they always have Sub because people go there for Sub treatment.

Wish I could find a clinic for all of you.

Love Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Walgreens always has it. I think only once i went and they didn't have it. And i had to make the quarter of a mile drive down the road to the next walgreens to get it.

Now if you asked me 3 years ago i would have said 50-50 but now everyone got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:52 am 
New Poster
New Poster

This is one of biggest complaints. I have 2 stories. My husband takes Suboxone 2/0.5 mg twice daily; I take Buprenorphine 2 mg twice daily. We see the same Dr every 6 weeks, but not at the same time. My husband has insurance, I do not. He went to the Dr yesterday, & got a Rx for 90 Subs. His usual pharmacy closed down so we've been trying others. We started with Walgreens, all 3 of them were either out or had less than 10 in stock. I got on my cell, & called 7 other pharmacies. All were out or had 10 or less. One had 28. Finally, on the 11th call, we found them! Went to fill them, waited for 30 minutes, then pharmacist finally said, he was wrong, they were out too. Finally called the pharmacy at the hospital & they had them! Out of 15 pharmacies, only one had more than 40 pills in stock. It took us hours to get his Rx filled.
My story, much less happier ending. I always go to Walgreens to fill my 90 Buprenorphines. I have a savings card there, & only pay $140 for my Rx. When I was on Suboxone, I paid $360, so I'm happy with current situation. Usually, they only have 10 or so in stock, but ill just come back next day & pick up the rest after they've ordered them. December 19th, only had 10 pills. I paid $15 & was told to come back Monday, the 21st to pick up final 80. Monday morning, they call me, I was told they can't get any more in stock. There are problems with manufacturer. Don't know if they can get them anymore. I'm told I must call other pharmacies &find someone who has them, call them back & they will transfer it for me. Ugh!!! Getting aggravated at this point. 3 pharmacies later, I found them. They transfer it & I wait. I go to pick them up & I'm told they will cost $256 to pick up!!!!! Why so much higher? Spoke at length with pharmacist, who was so nice & understanding, who said that he didn't know how I got them so cheap at Walgreens because they were selling to me below his cost! Anyway, I went ahead & paid for them, this time, but he gave some good advice. I was told to ask my Dr for 8 mg tabs instead of 2 mg tabs, he said they're easier to get, & will save me loads of money. I don't know if my Dr will go for it but I have to try!