It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Very well put. I like it all. Real stuff. For me.... If I don't have some sort of recovery in place and just take suboxone then I get just as sick in the head as if I were using still. That's why I do it. To try to live as normally as possible on suboxone and with this shitty problem. I love your post though. Nail on the freakin head!!

Post subject: A Moment of...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:26 am 

Clarity. It appears you have experienced just that TJ. And now that you're on that path it's impossible to get off of it. Like Romeo, I too was a little worried about you, but by reading your recent enlightened posts it seems you know exactly what you are doing and I take my hat off to you señor.

You can beat this beast now that you have so much built up knowledge about it. It all makes so much sense. Get off all those drugs you have been seeking to cure your mental illness'. We humans are perfect beings that screwed up such a great design. I killed so many brain cells in my early teens it's a wonder I can even think at all now. Once you get the Sub and the other drugs behind you far enough, your body will heal itself like it's intended to do.

I so much want you to succeed TJ and to post your progress daily. What you will go through will surely help me and many others to have a better understanding of Buprenorphine and what it does to the body and mind. You'll have my support all the way through your journey. Keep gathering strength my cyber friend.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Icaras wrote:
I rather take my chances on short acting opiates and without suboxone, then be on suboxone any longer..The longer I am on sub the more of a zombie I feel, less motivated you become, less interested I am feeling etc..Of course because I have filled myself with long acting strong medication like sub I fear my brain has become saturated, hence of these feelings...And then there is the mission of getting off it.

Am leaning towards Iboga ta the moment, allow suboxone, just doesnt make me feel good.

I do believe addiction is a choice, if one is weak they will be selfish and do drugs period.

Gee I didn't think the OG post was bad. In fact I couldn't have said it any better. ^^^^^^^a Big WTF on that one.

Snake

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Karen2013 wrote:
your original post kept quoting "we"..who is "we"? that is what is annoying? Making statements like all of us are this one big "group" of uneducated, misfits who have no clue?

Just because on the internet one says.Im getting off and moving on..doesnt mean they are not going to do some "figuring out" of what moving on is. There is alot not said on this forum. So you are making a statement about an "issue" unfounded (to me).

I have no ideal what/how people think post bupe...from what I read..most are very much concerned about making changes. I find that people that tend to speak they dont need any changes or have no concern for changes are very young, still experimenting and most important the exception to the rule, not the rule. the rule I read and see and hear are people that decide to get off Bupe are very serious about changes they need to make. So I just dont follow your original thought process of "we" as I dont think or believe at all the way you posted most of us/"we" think?

what is annoying? Making statements like that then say "but even if I do fail" I know god has my back. Another big WTF number 2. I agree I see posts often where people forget they are sick. No harm in keeping your eye on the ball. You don't have a clue with s*** like that coming from your fingers.

Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That same pill... bless it's little heart will still be there for you too..it is an inanimate object. No legs
Can't walk can't move. I wonder which one is there waiting When the time comes.

Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As much as I hated her guts ... you gotta admit that there'd be a lot less of this sub-bashing going on if hatmaker were still queen-bee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:47 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I had that tbought during the round of bashing back in the fall. And now it seems this happens every 4 to 6 weeks. Bash, taper, jump.. lol.. when I read crap, I just go over to the blog and read doc J... thread after tbread... idk,it's all working for those addict right now. Hat has to be shaking her head reading some of it. This is life and death here. The facts are difficult to find at times. Witch can hurt a newcomer. Or worse when a newbie comes on, is doing well, and gets doomsday posts from new jumpers. Everybody has to find out the pss for themselfves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

When I first did my first taper (30 days) by an in- home professional it was not enough time. Though prior I had seven years of recovery, working a program and with others I relied solely on suboxone to get clean. I knew the 2 nd time around I had to go to NA meetings, get a sponsor, start working the steps again and am actually sponsoring someone very successfully.
I don't think anyone can tell someone what is recovery time, period.
I just know that if in the last 6 months I didn't take action towards my recovery, start trusting in something bigger than myself I wouldn't be able to hang on to my determination to get off subs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thats exactly the point.

Suboxone alone doesn't do much for the sick addict other than spinning round and round.

However, suboxone with therapy, NA, clean friends in recovery, and just working on yourself so that a change in attitudes and ideas and behaviors can take place.

Change is key. Higher power is key.

IMHO.

Thanks for that post. I liked it.