It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
:roll:

I have an issue that I wonder if anyone might help me with here...

Without judgement ( I really like this site because I DO NOT see a lot of nitpicking here)
Can I please ask this:

If I am ALREADY on Suboxone....and have been for four years LEGALLY, can my PO force me to STOP taking this med if I am NOT ordered to stop? I was clear and hinest in my pre-sentence investigation that I TOOK SUBOXONE and have for a long time. I was NOT ordered to complete a treatment program. I was NOT told to NOT take my soboxone. I am CONCERNED tho that this PO may be ignorant or quick to say that I MUST go thru the county evaluation for treatment ( which I am no stranger to ) then THEY will demand that I QUIT taking suboxone as they are NOT in agreement that ANYONE should take it for long periods of time. To sum it up, I was NOT ordered to treatment, the treatment that THIS county uses in Virginia does NOT allow patients to use suboxone after "withdrawls" and I am NOT willing to get off the sub. If not court ordered, does she have this power???
THANKS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know that anyone is going to be able to answer this for you. The answer really is "Maybe" or "It depends". I don't want to scare you but there have been stories of PO "ordering" their clients off of Sub. The thing is, many didn't challenge it. Some were afraid that they would make their life miserable in other ways if they didn't "comply". As you say, the way around it may to be force you into a program that will then force you off of it. All you can do is get your lawyer to fight it - and that costs you money. The judge has the ultimate athority - and the PO can only follow what the judge orders. That said, there are always ways around everything.

The best way to deal with all of this is to be honest and straight forward with your PO and not give him or her any reason to take you off of it. While some here have had problems, others have reported no problems at all. I remember one guy having his PO strongly suggest that he stay on Bup. Some don't even know much about it. Many just drug test you and if you are clean that is all they care about. Unless you give them a reason, they hopefully won't rock the boat. You may need to get your doctor involved. Have your Sub doc report that you have been stable for four years and doing well. That along with clean drug tests will very often be all that it takes.

I wish I could help more. But again, honestly, only your attorney or others in your system (same county) are going to know the answer to this - unless they have a crystal ball anyhow. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

donh wrote:
I don't know that anyone is going to be able to answer this for you. The answer really is "Maybe" or "It depends". I don't want to scare you but there have been stories of PO "ordering" their clients off of Sub. The thing is, many didn't challenge it. Some were afraid that they would make their life miserable in other ways if they didn't "comply". As you say, the way around it may to be force you into a program that will then force you off of it. All you can do is get your lawyer to fight it - and that costs you money. The judge has the ultimate athority - and the PO can only follow what the judge orders. That said, there are always ways around everything.

The best way to deal with all of this is to be honest and straight forward with your PO and not give him or her any reason to take you off of it. While some here have had problems, others have reported no problems at all. I remember one guy having his PO strongly suggest that he stay on Bup. Some don't even know much about it. Many just drug test you and if you are clean that is all they care about. Unless you give them a reason, they hopefully won't rock the boat. You may need to get your doctor involved. Have your Sub doc report that you have been stable for four years and doing well. That along with clean drug tests will very often be all that it takes.

I wish I could help more. But again, honestly, only your attorney or others in your system (same county) are going to know the answer to this - unless they have a crystal ball anyhow. :)

Well, I DO appreciate your response and I agree. I suppose Im just looking for the best way to ARTICULATE to my PO how I DEFINATELY believe SUB has saved my life on the opiates. THANKS SO MUCH for your response though as it is DULEY NOTED! Ill let yall know how it goes next week when I meet with her for the 1st time!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I gotta agree. Explain how the sub controlls your cravings for opiates and has "saved your life". I mean if suboxone is the reason you have stayed clean for so many years how can he force you off. Build a valid case for staying on. especially if you had the same job for years. you passed all court mandated drug tests etc. Some people have to stay on Sub for life. And some taper over the course of years. anyway God bless i sure hope it works in your favor!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

momnffx wrote:
[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
:roll:

I have an issue that I wonder if anyone might help me with here...

Without judgement ( I really like this site because I DO NOT see a lot of nitpicking here)
Can I please ask this:

If I am ALREADY on Suboxone....and have been for four years LEGALLY, can my PO force me to STOP taking this med if I am NOT ordered to stop? I was clear and hinest in my pre-sentence investigation that I TOOK SUBOXONE and have for a long time. I was NOT ordered to complete a treatment program. I was NOT told to NOT take my soboxone. I am CONCERNED tho that this PO may be ignorant or quick to say that I MUST go thru the county evaluation for treatment ( which I am no stranger to ) then THEY will demand that I QUIT taking suboxone as they are NOT in agreement that ANYONE should take it for long periods of time. To sum it up, I was NOT ordered to treatment, the treatment that THIS county uses in Virginia does NOT allow patients to use suboxone after "withdrawls" and I am NOT willing to get off the sub. If not court ordered, does she have this power???
THANKS!

Hey I seen that it looks like you said that you have been in the country treatment (drug court) before?? Here my question because my doc also has me on subs for a while now and i have to go to drug court myself now i have my 1st evaluation actually 2moro!! and afraid that they will force me to just QUIT COLD TURKEY to do the program. This makes me VERY NERVOUS as for my doc has me on a regular Tappering schedule. Could you shed some light on this please?? Thanks a bunch!

Post subject: Old Post
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:27 pm 

Hey crich772,

This topic is from April of 2011. Way old and I doubt the original poster will respond to your question.

Sorry dude,

Rule

Post subject: Re: Old Post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh yep ur right. well i just figured it was worth a shot tho ya never know. Thanks for bringing this up to me. Take Care

rule62 wrote:
Hey crich772,

This topic is from April of 2011. Way old and I doubt the original poster will respond to your question.

Sorry dude,

Rule