It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone/Naltraxone
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It has been two months now since I went through rapid detox up in Michigan. I still feel a little shitty, sore legs and creepy feeling skin, but nothing I can't deal with. Anyways, why I am posting is because I still go to the sub doctor to get my script filled for my buddy. They told me when I left UROD that the suboxone would stay in my system for up to a year and a half. I was on 24mg for 6-7 years. Question is I just got piss tested at the doctor and have no idea if I am going to pass. My buddy really relies on getting my subs. Will I pass this piss test failing for bupe? How long can I get away with this? I've been on Naltrexone for almost 2 months now, and I'm done with it in 2 days. I've went 3-4 days without it before and felt nothing so I know it truly it is not addictive. Please advise...

Thanks,

Chaz.

Post subject: Re: Suboxone/Naltraxone
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm no expert but I am pretty sure after 2 months off subs, there would be none left in your system. My last visit to my sub doctor when I had to sign release paperwork to close out my file, I was 18 days free of sub and none showed in my UA when I took my last test that day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

trainer14 wrote:
I'm no expert but I am pretty sure after 2 months off subs, there would be none left in your system. My last visit to my sub doctor when I had to sign release paperwork to close out my file, I was 18 days free of sub and none showed in my UA when I took my last test that day.

This doesn't sound right about me. Maybe for you. How long were you on bupe? I was on 24mg for almost 7 years. The doctors told me I had 1000's of MG's built up in my brain/body/fat cells and it would take at least a year to get out, which makes sense thinking about just the half life of the drug...

Quick math: 24mg's @ 7 years = 365 days x 7 = 2,555mg's (I'll say 2,000 to be fair because I did decrease/increase a few times. Went to UROD on 12mg's)
36-48hr half life (not sure which is actually accurate)
Fuck it, don't feel like figuring out the math.

I'm looking for how long the bupe will stay in my system. How can I possibly still be feeling slight WD if the drug isn't in my system?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not sure, just telling you my experience after 18 days. Everything they test for, the usual opiates/opiods, bupe, all came back negative. I was on subs for 5 almost 6 years and quit cold turkey at 2 mgs. I was on 2 mgs for about 4 months, after tapering down from 16 mgs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Chaz, I think Trainer is right, any identifiable amount should be gone by 18 days, though I should add I'm not an expert.

Why are you getting prescription drugs for your friend, instead of letting him take responsibility for his own prescription drug use? Doesn't sound like an arrangement that will end well either for you, or him, or both of you.

-- ji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

the naltrexone will keep you feeling ill, and may pass off as subs in your system, so your pee test will be +. It also keeps you from breaking down the storage in your system. so until you stop you may feel ich for a while, as far as your friend, tell him he needs to go to the dr. but hey do what's best for you. JMO.............. DB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was on Suboxone for 3 years, between 8mg - 24mg. When I quit Suboxone, I was pee tested on day 4 and came up clean for Buprenorphine. Remember, the pee tests have a cut off to how sensitive they are. The test I took was sensitive down to 20ng/mL. That's about a standard test.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good info, thank you. I guess we'll see when I go into the doctor this month. As far as my buddy, he's been my best friend for years and doctors around here are to the limit on patients. Not many can get 90 8mg's per month. He just pays my co-pay and is tapering down. I was just fortunate enough to have the money and get the time off for rapid detox. I took my last half of Naltrexone today.... Let's see how I start to feel, because I still feel shitty on a daily bases. It's nothing extreme, just cold, and creepy feeling skin. Sex and music are sooooooo awesome right now, it's unreal!!! Such a fog has been lifted off of my brain. 2 months today bupe free!! xD Never thought that would happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think Naltrexone might also block endogenous opiates, like endorphins (there are others too) from attaching to the brains opiate receptors, so have always been wary of it, myself. To what degree Naltrexone does this, I'm not certain. It could be 100%. To me, it seems that something like Naltrexone, that potentially could block our brain's progress from healing to any degree, to a return to the natural balance of things, might not be ideal, as nature intended for us to have the natural - or endogenous - opiates that our brain produces, for a feeling of well being, and to help the body deal with day to day aches and pains, etc. Ultimately, if it blocks any of the brain's endogenous opiates from phoning home to receptors, it possible it could even be a recipe for dysphoria, for some people.

When it first came out, it was not long before I quit heroin, and it was presented as a way of reducing the risk of relapse, since even something as strong as heroin would have no effect with the Naltrexone in one's system, thus removing cravings because the addict was logically aware he or she would be wasting their money and time by trying to get high, while using Naltrexone. I refused to use it myself. I remember some people at NA, who had clean time, using after discontinuing it. One guy in particular, who had over a year clean, going right back to heroin shortly after he stopped using Naltrexone. I wonder if he had avoided that drug during start of his recovery, and got through the rough stages early on using other tools, if he might have fared better, but it's purely speculation. I dunno, call me a cynic but I have suspicion about it reducing even an alcoholic's cravings, as possibly being placebo effect when it does work, and the pharma industry just pushes it for such purposes to sell more of it, using studies funded out of their own pocket, to gain approval.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well it's day 2 without Naltrexone. :) I hope this shitty feeling goes away. Sore legs non-stop and creepy feeling skin. I want to start hitting the gym, just not feeling up to it. Lack of energy is rough too. For 7 years of bupe usage, this isn't shit. Just have to tough it out. I haven't done street drugs in over 8 years, so not to worried about relapse or cravings. No time for N/A. Work 60+ hours a week as a network engineer for a hospital. =/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Chaz- hang in there! It will get better, promise! I had an 8 year sub habit, btw. 21 days sober today!
My first week after jump, gym was too much to contemplate, but riding my bike was manageable, and always made me feel a bit better. It will also get you outdoors which is healthy. If this is an option for you, you may want to try it.
60 + hours a week! Geesh! Poor you!
Hang in there and keep posting!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi