It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:22 pm 

I really appreciate u clearing up that comment Jonathan. When things are written (especially without the wonderful emojis we're used to lol) it's so easy to take things the wrong way. U can take a phrase and, depending on the person, make it sound however u want to in ur own head lol understand what I mean? That's what happened.

Regardless if someone did horrible things or caught their addiction before getting to that point, we're all still addicts. No one understands addicts like other addicts, that's just how it is. So as Michelle said, thank u for posting that ☆☆☆☆☆

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:49 pm 

DirtRace I didn't realize u were in Florida. I totally understand how u got sucked into that lifestyle. I visited Florida a few times during their days where anyone could go to a pain clinic there out of state. We'd drive 9-12 hrs (depending on the area we were going to) from my area just to go to a pain clinic there. It was very easy! I used to always say....can u imagine the lucky ppl that get to live here around these clinics....I know that was my addiction talking at the time. I'm sure it was very tempting to make money like that.

I think ur very brave and u seem to have came to terms with how this is going to go. It's hard to think about how u were then and paying for crimes u did then, and now ur in recovery knowing you'd never do anything like that now. I wish u peace and strength! In my eyes, ur so brave!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jennjenn wrote:
Ppl that did horrible things during their addiction, doesn't mean they're bad. The things I did, wasn't the real me but was from my sickness. I take full responsibility for it all, absolutely, but that wasn't the real me. I don't even drive over the speed limit now in fear of getting in trouble and that's how I was before my activity using days and how I am now....just not during my active addiction. My mind was 100% thinking of my next fix and I did things that I would never do otherwise. That obsession can turn the best ppl into criminals.

Not to get on my soapbox, but my position is that it's the laws against drugs that do by far the most damage. Far more than the drugs themselves. What's going on in Mexico now....other places too all over the world....is shocking. Left alone with ample access to their beloved opiates, most addicts would get along just fine. With legality would come some quality control presumably. whereby one would know just what he's taking and in what strength, thus greatly reducing overdoses. And with cheaper prices, the need to steal with disappear.

I was using poppies for crying out loud...which is to say flowers that exist in nature. What sense does it make to criminalize the use of a flower, often grown on my own property for my own, personal use. I genuinely do
not understand why we accept such governmental interference in our PERSONAL LIVES.

Jennifer, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I know you don't need me or anyone else to urge
you not to feel guilty. Either it's an illness or its not, and most of us would agree it most certainly is..

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:23 am 

Thank you Godfrey, ur very awesome for saying that! I think ppl getting 10 yrs for selling marijuana is ridiculous....someone I know got 10 yrs for getting caught selling marijuana and made it a felony because his house was within the vicinity of a church. And the church was a block away, couldn't even see the church from his home til u left the drive way, had something to do with being so many feet of a church. Isn't that ridiculous? 10 yrs for that. That was in Kentucky which is a commonwealth state (not sure if that's the exact wording lol). Ppl in my area get in just as much trouble for marijuana as opiates almost lol! One time I got charged with drug paraphernalia for having 5 packs of rolling papers in my purse! I was with someone who had a bag of marijuana so that's why they said it was considered drug paraphernalia....I purchased rolling papers at a gas station but got charged for having them. Stuff like that is flat out ridiculous. I'm not a marijuana smoker but I still don't think someone should go to jail for 10 yrs for selling it if half the country is making it leagal...punishment yes, but yrs out of ur life, no. The war on drugs
is becoming the war on addicts. It's sad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't get me started on the "war on drugs".
Harry Anslinger should be burning in hell for what he did!! He was a sorry PoS who was out for himself and his job.

You do know that Boston's heroin epidemic began with 2 brothers who traveled to Florida to buy Oxy from doctors..
There is a documentary about it...it tells you all about how oxy to heroin has ruined Boston.

Look it up... Oxy-Morons.

It's not for the faint of hear to watch. (It's not some detailed episode of "Drugs, Inc")...very graphic...I wouldn't recommend small children..but young kids should definitely see it!! They need to know what they are up against and what it's done to people..

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.