It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

suboxOWNED wrote:
Yeah thats what I was asking, i dont see how they could turn you away but I guess its possible. I will just explain it to them that I wanted to try suboxone first before going the route of methadone but I dont feel that its holding me as well and I feel Im having more cravings than I would had I gone on methadone and then see what they say about it.

Yea I didn’t want to tell you one thing b4 I knew 100% that’s what you were asking!

Honestly I talked with clinics, one told me the same thing you are worried about that they don’t see how they can help me if I’m not in active addiction, if I’m not taking more than prescribed but were more than willing to offer me counseling. But in all honesty I truly felt I knew more about chemical dependency treatment than the guy I was talking too he just had very little knowledge and couldn’t answerer half of my questions. The 2nd clinic I talked with is the one I wanted to attend because it was the only one within 10 minutes of my house. I told them I’ve been on SUBOXONE for 4 years for pain management and addiction. I told them how SUB is just not meeting my needs no more and I would like to make a switch to methadone for long term main tense for pain management as well as chemical dependency recovery but not only for the meds but to be part of a clinic for the counseling and support system that would come along with a clinic. I’m on a waiting list because they are only taking Medicaid patients right now no self pay or other forms. But basically was more the willing to help me switch once they free some spots up. So if a clinic would consider switching me over who has been on SUB for 4 years now than I think they will be more than willing to help you considering your situations. As in, not being able to take your full dose cause of coast, pain management, and your mental and physical cravings at this point in your treatment are not being meet with SUB.
And when all is said and done remember these are public clinics we are talking about ya know. Not private SUB Drs who want 300 Bucks just to see you for the first time. And that 300 doesn’t cover any other coast aka meds, counseling sessions and all that other pricey stuff most SUB Drs. Make you do or they will not see you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:44 pm 
That sucks that they are not accepting self pay at that clinic, theres a clinic near me who im most likely going to use when i switch that doesnt accept anything but self pay so I would think there would be more of a chance for an open slot since its not full of people getting it for free. So are you indefinitely switching then since you got on the waiting list or are you just doing that as a precaution just in case?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:12 pm 
I honestly think that is absolutely absurd to think that a clinic will not except someone just because their already in recovery. That makes zero sense. They can get your addiction history from your sub doctor for proof of your addiction. I dont see how that could be. I dont doubt you one bit for what you said. Its just that i think thats totally wrong of them to deny someone who ultimately wants recovery. Thats what methadone is about, recovery. I know that all clinics cant possibly be like that. I would like to see just exactly what the rule says when it comes to telling someone they cant get into the program because their already in recovery. As i said, makes zero sense.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yea SUBOXOWNED that was def upsetting when they told me if I want to enter the clinic I have to be on a waiting list, WHEN IM SITTING HERE TELLING THEM I WANT TO PAY FOR MY TREATMENT. But they are only taking people who don’t pay but I understand that its prolly first come first served just like it takes time to get into the SUBOXONE Doctors. Honestly I got on the waiting list cause I need a backup option incase my short term plan does not work. And if it doesn’t work I will have a backup plan VS being put on a waiting list after my plan fails. But yes Methadone is still on my mind very much.

Yea I agree Live Saver it was upsetting to be told no I don’t see how I can help you if you are not in active addiction, I wanted to scream at him and say for the 10th time I want to switch for better pain management.

Like many of u may know my SUBOXONE DR is also my normal family DR so im goanna talk with him about all this more depth next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I've been on both for serious siatacia and back pain. Done probably worked better but the damage it was going to do to my body in the long run. Lots of people go blind from long term use. The tollerance issue also bothered me a lot. Since I've been on sub I've actually started to take care of my body and know when im over doing it where as with the most powerful pain med I didn't know when I was hurting myself. I deeply feel that the done was deteriorating my back and keeping me just not as healthy as I have been the last two years. Not to mention I have love and care for people again the first time in many years. Just my opinion. I hope you find what helps you the best! Good luck to you.wade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:23 am 
Wade:

Wade said, "Lots of people go blind from long term use."

WHAT!!!!???? lol I have never heard such a thing in all my life and i know people who have taken methadone for 10 years or better. That is just not true nor fact. I would love to see where you got this information from. If you could link me to something that states this as fact, i would gladly be open to see it differently. Otherwise this is simply not true. Methadone is an opiate, not much different than any other opiates other than its much longer acting. Im not looking for any kind of argument or anything but this just seems like some kinda scare tactic or something. The people that have been taking it for 10 years or better have none of the problems you describe. If anything, their quality of life is much better because they have chronic pain conditions which methadone almost complete gets rid of their pain. Methadone is what it is and i know people will have their own opinions about it but to say what you said as though its fact just isnt quite fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ididnt even read your whole reply but the first few lines. Ok I had a psych doctor I had as a counselor when I was on sub for my first time. Years back he had owned done clinic. He had guys on 400 mgs. He told me many of the people lost there sight from ten to 20 year use. Ill send you his number. I don't care if you get on it or not. You posted sub or done and I answered. Got to go to church. Later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:42 pm 
Man im not the one who is asking "sub or done." Methadone was my DOC. I would only take methadone if it was my very last option. One person i know takes around 160mg's for a little more than 10 years. Then another person i know takes 240mg's and been taking it for well over 10 years. I think you have me confused with someone else or something. Im not the one wanting to switch to methadone. That would not be a very wise choice on my part as i said it was my DOC. The only way i would take methadone for maintnence is if it was the only option i had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I was on a pretty stout dose of methadone for nine years and suffered no physical deterioration, including my vision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:? Lifesaver I m no pro at understanding this forum. Sorry. I don't know why this doc/psych claimed this issue so much. I was already off done and on sub when I was seeing him. He could have had a few people with diabetes or something? He had no motive to try to scare me though. He apparently had a clinic in the eighths. And lifesaver I always have 99% of the time agreed wth your posts I was voicing my oppinion on the topic I thought you made it. Peace ill get his name and put it up on here maybe somebody can get a hold of him and ask him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nobody pay attention to wades post! Id put my bottom buck on it that this dr was telling him about BLIND TREATMENT!

What he was telling you about was “BLIND TREATMENT”Meaning the patient will not know how much meds he is taking. They will do this at the end of the long tappers to help the patient with not being focused on what their dose.

I mean shit "BLIND TREATMENT" is even used with SUBOXONE for in patient programs, you should really google stuff like this man. Cause if I didn’t know my shit and was still using and read your post I would just get scared and keep using instead of getting the help I need.

But when everything is said and done wade do you really think methadone clinics and methadone makers would still be in business if this was true?

Blind Treatment is actually used for many medication studys learned all about this type of treatment with my schooling to become a chemical depednecy Doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow sorry you are having such a bad day bboy. Im just telling you what a doctor who had his own clinic told me. Im sure anybody with a brain would know that done is just as safe as any other potent narcotic so why would it keep anybody from getting recovery maintenance? Everything has its downfalls and im sure its rare if something like that happens. Due to other causes with it like diabetes ect.. but I've been on done for two or more years in the past and it got my life back in order and off crystal and pills so im in no way saying done is a completly bad thing. Sub is just differant from a super narcotic pain med like done. Sorry if you misunderstood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 pm 
Not to nit pick but methadone is not some "super narcotic pain med" it is just a long lasting opioid, it is not some giant step up from suboxone even. Suboxone is not a cake walk to get off of either, it has a very long drawn out withdrawal period and is pretty damn miserable. I know people who have been on both sub and methadone and they have said that coming off of suboxone after a few years from 16mgs was just as bad as when they tapered off the methadone at the clinic. This is partly why Im switching to methadone when Im able to, why go through all the hell and misery when and if you stop maintenance and not get the full range of relief like you get from methadone? For me personaly i could care less if its a full agonist and gives me somewhat of an opiated feeling there are worse things on this earth than feeling good (I dont mean like nodding out but just feeling good and happy). That buzz you get in the beginning on methadone maintenance will fade with tolerance and you will get stable so I dont see what the problem with it, its going to take care of my cravings better and I will be able to afford an adequate dosage unlike with suboxone and it will also help with my moderate chronic pain from my torn ankle tendon. Sub is just like methadone except with all of the good parts of opiates sucked out of it and all you are left with is a drug that keeps you out of withdrawal and gains you a large opiate dependance. I might remember early on in sub treatment it did a little for my mental cravings but I think that was most likely because I wanted off opiates so bad and didnt want to go back to them so i didnt even have many cravings back then. I realy hope when I take action and make the switch to methadone the clinic people arent gonna turn me away because Ive been clean and not using. If they are going to force me to go out and use in order to get accepted I dont know what Im gonna do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I’m actually having the best day I’ve had in a while, first time I’ve been able to walk on my bad knee in 6 days without feeling like crying cause of the pain. And I’m not mad at you for posting your views I just would want you to be careful about what you’re posting on a site like this. Many outsiders come on this site without signing up just here to read up on chemical dependency treatment plans and what not. And when a addict is first accepting they need help they will be very weak and sacred already but if they read what you said can make them steer away from getting help if they think this is goanna happen to them. Not everyone can afford SUBOXONE so METHADONE is there only option and just like SUB people are on meth for pain management and will be on it for long term but if they think there goanna go blind they will just continue to use.

Personally I think this supposed Dr either was using a scare tactic on you or you just misunderstood him when he was telling you about blind treatment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

But to get this thread back on track. Could anyone chime in and tell me how long i would have to go with out suboxone b4 i can be inducted on methadone if i did make this switch?

ive been on suboxone for 4 years 16 to 24 mgs for at least 3!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry bboy and subox owned I give up. Youare right I should have never sad what this doc/psych said. If anyone thinks that methadone is in any way similar to Suboxone to get off of I hate to break the news to ya. Nobody tapers down off methadone and can go to work without being sick like I did with Suboxone its just a simple fact. Done is the most powerful narcotic available (not saying it didn't get me off street drugs because it did)and its a far cry away from Suboxone when it comes to withdraw. Im done posting so I don't make you guys upset with my opinion. Done got my life straight I just wish I would have skipped that step and went to Suboxone for recovery IMHO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You can go directly to methadone from Suboxone. You only have to wait if its the other way around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You wouldonly have to go by the done clinics rule on when you are in withdraw from the Suboxone. Good luck to you with all of it. Thfats what I've heard about Suboxone and other medications is that you can take pain meds with the Suboxone covering your recepters ,you justdont want Suboxone to tear other opiates off your recepters because that throws you into precip withdraw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:01 pm 
Yeah bboy like wade said you technicaly can take methadone right away without waiting it just wont work very well if at all the first few days/week just like taking any other opiate after sub. Someone I know tho went to make the switch from suboxone to methadone and the clinic told him that he had to stay off suboxone 7 days before inducting onto methadone because "it can be dangerous". I dont think thats true I just think the person at the clinic didnt know what they were talking about, but you never know how the methadone clinic will handle the situation is all Im getting at. They may make you wait or may not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:48 pm 
Wade:

Its kool man!! I kinda figured you must have confused me with the writer of this thread. But all is good.

Bboy:

I myself have never heard of blind treatment or whatever you called it lol. I guess i should touch up on my skillz lol.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next