It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I wasnt sure where to post this question so I hope I have the right place. I take suboxone tablets and they are always peach colored manufactured by Amneal Pharmaceuticals. The other day I pick up my tablets and they are white but the same manufacturer. Does this happen? I noticed I didn't feel that great, almost like I haven' taken any suboxone. I assumed, (I know what happens when you assume) that since they were white that they were a different manufacturer. But it was the same as the peach colored tablets...Amneal Pharmaceuticals. Could they still be white? A different milligram? I felt so much better when I finally got my regular peach ones. Don't know if it was in my head or not but i do know I didn't feel the same.

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:28 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hi! I've had the same issue with buprenorphine formulations. A lot of people say it's in our head, but I had it in my heasd that it would work. Every formulation will be a tad different as in other ingredients that I feel could affect people differently. It is odd though that it's from the same manufacturer, I know another company makes white tablets, activas. My advice is to get brand name suboxone film, it's not much more expensive than the generic and is worth it imo. They also have a coupon on their website.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There are 3 types of meds. The 'premium' products contain buprenorphine and naloxone: Suboxone film, Zubsolv, and Bunavail. The second class is generic buprenorphine/naloxone, and the third class is generic plain buprenorphine, AKA 'generic Subutex'. Brand Subutex was removed from the market several years ago.

The last two classes-- the generics-- come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. Some are flavored; most are not. They all do the same thing-- but as pugmommy noted, most patients get used to a favored product, and feel different on a new product. There is no physical explanation for why they SHOULD feel different--- but they do feel different. People do not easily accept a new form of buprenorphine. If you have any doubt, ask your pharmacist (very politely) to verify your prescription-- but I would expect, in almost all cases, for it to be what they say it is.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:48 am 

A few yrs ago I took subutex for a couple of days. I'm used to the strips, it's been what I've taken from the beginning. I had 4 subutex and I tell ya, I was a mess lol for those days. I didn't feel like it compared to the strips. I felt awful and emotional as heck! I still to this day have no clue why or what the issue was. Maybe I wasn't used to dissolving it in pill form under my tongue, maybe there's difference in brands, maybe it was all in my head....who knows, but something was not working for me. So when I read or hear of someone talking about different brands not doing the same as others, I totally get it but have no idea why. It's crazy.