It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Have you been wrongfully accused in suboxone lab testing?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:25 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Ah. So I'm beyond annoyed! My doctor of three years, fell into the ploy of fancy laboratory testing. Reciting nurse "It goes all the way to LA, it can't be wrong!" I see Dr.Flaminglio in Williamsport PA. He's ran a tight ship, but a caring one. when he was trying to establish clients that is. Now that he's overwhelmed with a million people and $ signs. He's dropping people like flys.
Back to topic. Test results. In July these were taken. Mind you it's Oct?! I get told today, my levels were low. I have no reason to lye to a bunch of randoms, but here is the thing... I've never missed a day of my pills! He's telling me "the results are equal to not having any for seven days!" What?! I would die! Completely fall out. I would buy one off the street before going 7 days with out! I'm also on adrarelle. I was told that was to low. Here's the thing. The sub doctor hasn't a clue on what mg I'm even on! Little own, how much I weigh!
So some factors, reading online that would effect my "special Hollywood testing"
My mom has thyroid, I should get tested for this? Says it can mess with results
Addarale can block the subs from breaking into the non burph properly.
The urine sample I gave is maybe the height of only half a pinky nail. Into the normal urine cups. I have a hard time Peeing. an they say "I only need a little for dipstick results". So how is that enough for the spinning testing?
I wish they would do some more research and realize they are going to be tossing great patients out the door! If not.
Not that it matters. They pretty much kicked me bc "omg the testing don't lie!" It says it's been watered down, to saying I haven't taken it for 7 days? What is it? I put water in my dame cup or I haven't had any in 7 days?! Oh an how do I pass my dipstick every time for majiclly not having any? Sorry begining to rant. It sucks so much when you know you didn't do anything...
Is any one on here from PA? I need to find a new doctor. Perferibly in the area of Willamsport, but I'm open to suggestions if any one has info on a caring sub doctor. I heard of a clinic that does 140$ monthly, that would be perfect with my budget! Please give me Input on this "amazing testing" has it happen to you?( I saw a lawsuit was filed for one in the past. For it's inaccuracies) an any one in my area that could help me find some where to go. I was at a clinic that could give two shits I was with them for such a long time and I'm probably at risk for withdraw :( an I'm not ready for that!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I find it a shame that doctors have become obsessed with testing. Some testing is necessary, of course--- but the practice that I strive for is one where patients feel free to tell me what happened, BEFORE any test would show it. Patients know that I find it ridiculous to discharge a person for a relapse, for example-- so they have no reason to lie (yes, there are patients who just don't take treatment seriously- but there are many other things that make those attitudes clear beyond urine testing).

Levels are affected, primarily, by dilution-- which varies according to the amount of liquid that you drink. So the tests need something that corrects for dilution, usually creatinine as described here: https://www.redwoodtoxicology.com/docs/resources/creatine_interpretation.pdf

They can also use the ratio of buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine, a metabolite, to determine whether the person has been taking a regular daily dose, or rather just took it on the day of the appointment.

ALL of these tests can have errors. But the problem is similar to the limits on laws that prevent discrimination.... you can't be fired for 'being a woman', but you CAN be fired because the boss doesn't like you. Similarly, you could threaten a lawsuit and demand to be reinstated... but the doc can say that you were belligerent or had some other issue that made treatment inappropriate.

The problem is that there are too few docs prescribing buprenorphine... so there is no way for patients to avoid the unreasonable docs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:27 pm 

Hey Kateloveslove,

I'm so sorry this happened to u! I honestly think that's definitely one of my worst fears, having a test come bk wrong when u know darn good and well that u did nothing wrong. I can't imagine how upset I'd be if that were to happen. And on top of that, getting kicked out for it....that's horrible. I get scared taking certain vitamins, thinking it's gonna show up as something bad in my drug screen lol (I know that's silly but I'm always so scared something bad like that can happen). Especially in a clinic type setting, where there's so many ppl and it's hard to have a personal relationship with ur Dr. And if any little thing happens, they're ready to just kick ya out. Hopefully u have enough medicine to do u until u find another doctor.

I hope u have lots of good luck finding a new doctor soon. Maybe the next doctor u get will be great and u end up in a much better place than u were to begin with.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:29 pm 

Kate, I am so sorry that your doctor is such an unreasonable a-hole!! If he really cared about finding out if you didn't have bupe in your system he should have had you come in and retest immediately after knowing the results of the first test! It definitely sounds like he is motivated more by $$ than he is by compassion, that's for sure.

One of the ideas we give people who are searching for a sub doc is to call up local pharmacies and ask who in the area is prescribing buprenorphine products. They don't have to tell you, but they could, and it doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck with your search! I'm sorry that you have to go through this! This is definitely one reason that it is good to save some of your bupe for unfortunate circumstances. If you are stable on 16 mgs for example, try dropping to 12 mg for several weeks to have an emergency stash.

Let us know how it goes!

Amy