It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: suboxone issues
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so basically, im having trouble on suboxone, have been on it for 2 going on 3 years now. no relapses at all. my question is. im basically stable on 1 or 2 mg per day. but it seems to have stopped working, i understand suboxone thruley and dont know if its the partial agonist action or the ceiling or what. but now for some reason, i just stay sick with the chills all the time. its as if the suboxone is keeping my tollerence way high, but because its only a partial opiate it seems like any dose i take dosnt completly alleviate those baseline withdrawls i have, i just did .50 mg -1mg and still chilled and getting goosebumps every 10 seconds. i cant take it anymore. im not going back and forth with full opiates. just suboxone and weed, but it seems it dosnt matter if i take it or not, it just seems its causing the dependence.yet i cant take away the withdrawl that the subs causing? any help would be appreciated. big catch 22 and im trying to come off since i lost my doctor due to losing insurance. so i cant talk to him about it. thanks in advance.

Post subject: Decision time
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:58 pm 

Hi Porks,

It seems you only have two choices. 1) taper down a little further and jump, or 2) increase your dose until the w/d effects goes away.

If you lost your insurance and can't afford to pay for it, number 1 seems to be your only choice. Are you mentally ready to be on your own w/o Suboxone helping with the cravings? If you are I say go for it. Why not use this as a blessing in disguise to finally get off the Sub. Only you know which way to go. There is not much advice to give when you say straight out that you're going off it.

We are here for your support all through the process. I wish you well.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yeah i diddnt relise my last thread was still up, but thats the thing, ive been ready. its the fact that i just get so sick after only 24 hrs that it makes me stay on it. i know where im at dependance wise. i have the tools and what not to stay sober, and its what i want, and wanting it is only way youll stay clean. im just stuck in that cycle where i need to function yet i just stay sick, so really comming off is my only choice, i just cant understand other than it being antagonizing at the lower dosages. .50 should take my sickness away when i never go above 1.5 2mg max. my tollerence should t be through the roof because its such a low dosage and i havent touched pills or herion in years. so i feel, dispite it being a crutch still. its better then screwing up on my D.o.c. i stay on it because i just get violently ill even off this small amount.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i went to one of the best rehabs in the country. so rite now yes im dependant but its the damn being sick that keeps me in this cycle. its what kept me doing hard drugs 2 i never did want to do it. but i got cought up in that. i had np staying clean this long because the sub was the new crutch. i dont even have a family doc to grab some clonodine or anything to help. herion was easy to come off compared to this now.