It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi :) I have been on subs since october 2011 and they really have been a godsend. My doctor I see is awesome however there are some cons, one being he does not accept medical assistance So I pay $70 cash weekly (every tuesday ) to see him. I can pay for a 1 week visit, 2 week visit or monthly.. My dose is 3x day and my quantity is 21 because like I said I see him every tuesday. This past tuesday however I actually had the $140 to pay for a 2 week visit and therefore was given a prescription for 42 tabs ( a two week supply) . When I went to my pharmacy to get it filled it would not go thru for the entire 42 but it would go thru for 21 and that they (the pharmacy) needed authorization to fill the remainder. I called my doctors office immediately and explained to his nurse what was going on and she said this made absolutely no sense as my authorization is for 3 months and does not run out until june 11. also I have a paper from medical assistance clearly stating that I am authorized for a quantity of 270 tabs per month, it does not say 21 tabs per week.. This was tuesday, it is now saturday evening and my authorization has still not gone thru. I called my pharmacy and asked if I would be able to pay cash for some of the 21 pills still waiting for authorization and the pharmacist refused stating that I just got 21 filled on tuesday and that i should still have subs left from the 21 i got filled on tuesday... I do have subs left but my prescription was for 42, and he is refusing to allow me to pay cash for some of the 21 i am still awaiting the authorization from MA on. This is total crap!!! Is he allowed to do this???? I understand that pharmacists have to follow regulations. but this just does not seem right, I do not abuse my subs and I have always taken them as prescribed. Can anyone please tell me if what he did is okay?? I really appreciate it,, thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've found that pharmacists have a weird kind of "control" over their patients when it comes to the controlled substances that they give out..

Here's what the pharmacist is looking at:

You got 21 8mg/2mg Suboxone, and directed to take 1 tablet sublingually, 3 times per day.

usually, on my receipt, I get a piece of paper with price, description of meds, directions for taking it, pharm phone number, and DAYS SUPPLY <---- that's the important part.

He's saying you have a 7-day supply, so start counting from Tuesday until you hit 7 days, and that's why he said that.

You could tell him you're leaving town, and won't be back until NEXT Friday, and he would be more apt to give you those meds to cover you...but he wants to make sure the meds are taken as directed...so he's holding the others "hostage" so to speak until you're closer to the 7-day limit. You could go back today, or Monday..and he would likely fill them no problem. Usually 2-3 days before time and they won't say anything. 4 days is questionable...but 5 days early usually won't happen, unless you got a good reason.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yes back in my pill popping days i always ram into troubles trying to get my scripts filled 4 or more days early. and some places would only fill a week at a time.. these pharmacies do seem to get off on controlling things for whatever reason they do it for. I always would just shrug it off to the pharmacy gods. for they are in control and we peasents are just left pretty much eating cake . its the way it is, the natural order of things lol.perhaps they have had a bad problem with people filling early and this is there way of stopping the problem.