It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone hope
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am a 30 year old female, I have been addicted to heroin, morphine, and all kinds of pain killers for 18 years.. I have tried many times to quit on my own and failed time after time. So I went to a Suboxone clinic and they put me on 24 Mg's a day ( three 8 mg strips) I have only been in therapy for 3 in a half months.. and the therapy lasts for 18 months. It has been hard, even on my dose now to not want to drug seek and I haven't. Next month my doctor is taking me down a few Mg's and I'm so scared!! I feel I might have to compensate for the missing Mg's I lost and to be honest I feel like I might need to be on this for the rest of my life.. It's the only way I have lived for 18 years. People might look down on me for this.. but I know my addict brain will want drugs when I'm done with this program and all I can think of is... How am I going to get on another program after this one is over.. I am in psychotherapy and groups and find they really don't help, especially since I have a white collar therapist that has no clue what it feels like and no life experience, just book smarts on what I'm going through. I'm not proud of myself for thinking this way and really don't feel at this point that I could ever be "clean" and there are a lot of factors in my life like pain, depression, mood and the fact that my mother, who also is an addict and is my best friend, and I feel I could never stay away from drugs completely. I really don't have a clear view right now, on if this is truly possible and I DO want to recover with all my heart! I just don't have the faith in myself right now and now that my doctor is taking me down next month I'm scared I might want to use. I'm worried. I wanted to know If you guys have ever felt this way? I could use some positive feed back or good advice. Thank's guys.. V

Post subject: Re: Suboxone hope
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello V and welcome to the forum. Our stories are actually very similar. I am 33 and have been addcited to most of the same drugs as you have for about 15 years. I also tried to quit many times with relapse after relapse. I was also put on 24mgs of Suboxone by my doctor about 3 years ago. I finally tapered my dose down to 2mgs because I want off so bad. I tried to jump from there and just couldn't do it. I then joined here and asked for help tapering my dose down to get off. I'm now down to 1.50mg, and tomorrow I reduce to 1.25mg and will continue until I'm off the sub.

Where our stories differ in in the fact that you say you still want to seek out other drugs and I simply do not. I have not had any cravings for a long long time now. Part of the reason for that may be our times on the Suboxone. I was on it for about 3 years now as I said, and you have been on it about 3 1/2 months. Maybe you need to remain on the sub a while longer and hopefully it would curb your appetite for other drugs? I'm no doctor and certainly no sub expert, only someone that has experience with this drug, and knows a little bit about it, and addiction in general.

I do know that if I had gotten off the Suboxone after only 18 months as you say your plan is designed for I definitely would have went right back to using again. So I do understand exactly what your saying here.

What I would do if it were me in your situation is talk with your doctor and be very honest with him. Tell him your simply not ready to have your dose reduced right now. Tell him the stress alone of thinking about reducing the dose is causing you to have second thoughts about using again. I am willing to bet he will understand and perhaps make a new plan with your input. I would hope so anyway.

That's what I suggest you do V and I hope it helps. I'm sure others may have different suggestions and some should stop by here soon. I want to wish you the very best and let you know that I do understand your situation, and I really do support any decision you make. Please continue to post and let us know the outcome and if you talk to the doctor or not. I really hope this all works out for you.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First, congratulations Karen, for getting that far down!! That's good to know, since you are kinda in the same boat as me. :) And second, Thank you, for being so compassionate and understanding... This is my first honest attempt at really making a change in my life and I'm fed up with the roller coaster of being dependent on something that will eventually kill me... This is also very emotional for me and the hardest thing I have done. Also, Thank you for the advice too I'm not used to being able to be honest with anyone and especially a doctor, so this is very scary to me because of the fear of saying something wrong and losing my medicine but the answer will always be no if I don't ask right? Ill keep you updated.. My next appointment is September 1st. I'm going to be honest as humanly possible.

Last edited by V_Inchains83 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you V for the kind words. Of course I understand what your going through, I've been right where you are now and totally get it. I had no choice at the time but to go on the Suboxone. It was either that or probably die I was doing so many drugs at the time and headed down that dead end road.

The sub did it's job too, but after a while I wanted off and tried to stop after about 3 months I guess it was. Not exactly sure right now but it was close to that time frame. I immediately went searching for more pills. Then got right back on the sub and remained there for the rest of the time until now.

In my own personal opinion we need to be on the sub long enough to get the cravings completely out of our system, however long that takes. As I said earlier, I no longer have any cravings at all, and if you were to put a full bottle of Vicodin, or Percs in front of me right now I would turn them down and that's the honest truth. No way could I have done that after 3-6 months on the sub. So I completely understand what your thinking and feeling right now girl. I guess I just got sick and tried of that lifestyle basically sums it up.

You just hang tough and have faith in YOURSELF, and try to keep a positive attitude about this. Any good doctor will truly understand your situation and want to help I'm sure. I know how difficult it is to open up to these doctors and try to be honest with them when in the past we tried to get as many drugs from them as possible. But I know they understand, and most really do want to help I have found out IF we are upfront and completely honest with them.

One of the most difficult things I ever had to do was tell the doctors and hospitals that I was an addict and to never give me opiates again. I didn't know I had that kind of strength, but it's there in all of us, and it's there in YOU to sweetie. I know you can do this, I know you can. You really sound like you want to change your life and that's exactly what it takes, the WANT IT part. No one can give that to you, you have to want to be clean more than anything else in the world. That's what I found anyway, and I'm working on that right now and doing pretty darn good too!

It's just time for me to get off the sub. I go to both NA and AA meetings to make sure I have an aftercare plan for when I do get off. I also see a Therapist. I think that's very important because getting clean in my opinion is the easier part to this. I believe remaining clean is what takes the real work and I want every tool available to me working for me. You might consider that also at some point if you haven't already.

Take care V and you can talk to me anytime you need to. Just keep posting as I found it really helps to get your thoughts and frustrations out. I use my thread here as kind of a journal to look back at and see how far I've come in this process. Just another thought for you too. Talk to you later!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not sure if you are still out there, 'in chains'-- but if you are, how are you doing?

Changing a lifetime of behavior is difficult, if not impossible. For years, your life has come down to one issue-- 'on' or 'off'. On buprenorphine, that issue is removed, leaving your mind vulnerable to all of the anxieties that other people have learned to tolerate over the years.

For long-term opioid users, I emphasize the word 'toleration'. That is your challenge and your goal, at least for the first few months. At some point it will be time to understand your emotions, and learn to sort through them, and learn more about your environment from them... but first, the goal is to just tolerate them.

It is way, way, way to early to entertain ANY thoughts of 'when will I stop buprenorphine'. Realize the huge challenge ahead-- and the opportunity that challenge will bring (and it will bring opportunity if you stay with it).

Hope you're doing OK.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This reminds me of a page that I normally frequent on my facebook account.

Driving home one night, I heard a radio spot for a place that had just opened about 30 minutes from where I live, this was a different ad from the normal ads I hear plugging Suboxone (the biggest in Birmingham, AL I believe is the "Fritz Clinic"...he has TV and radio plugs to get the word out about Suboxone)...
But this was a new one...so when they said "Visit out Facebook page...etc" I decided I would take a look the next day. And this led to a friendship between myself and the "clinic's page", plus being personal friends on the account of the owner of the clinic. We'll call him "Steve".

So I'm looking through their information on their facebook page for Suboxone, and I see people commenting...people that aren't aware of how Suboxone works...and Steve explains to them.
Then I see a person ask "How long do I got to take this stuff"...and Steve responds with something along the lines of "we have a 14-18 month program designed to .....etc etc"...and I jumped into the conversation.

I'm not sure where doctors come up with the 14-18 month program, if it's a short-term guide to treat someone for that period, or if the DATA2000 class pushes a 1.5 year plan-o-gram as part of it's teaching....but I see lots who say they're on an 18-month program...
I take issue with it because it's like they are saying "OK...after XX amount of years in active addiction, you're allowed to have 18 months to get your financial obligations in order, secure your psychological character, mend your family and relationships, build your trust and become a model citizen and productive member of society once again"
In my case, I personally spent 12 years on pills of various strengths...but unlike yourself, I DID 'graduate' to Oxycontin. Oh, what a horrible decision and one that I believe was the beginning of the end if I hadn't found Suboxone.
But I digress...back to the facebook post that I jumped in on....I posted some factual stuff, about long-term use of Suboxone, then I posted some of the youtube videos of our very own Dr. Junig (suboxdoc). I gave an eloquent and respectful approach...because when you're telling a guy who's spent a few hundred thousand attending 8 year college, plus the clinical time and attending time...they don't much appreciate you telling them they are doing their livelihood "wrong"...
But in that I think I actually made a difference in how they view the patient. Instead of a putting that mold of "One treatment plan fits all" onto each addict, they seem to have changed to be a more compassionate, and now the clinic posts things like "seeing what fits each patient and devising a plan with that in mind"....

I actually received a PM from the owner that said this...I'll just post a pic of the conversation:

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not sure if I'm following your post completely.... but I appreciate your efforts to educate.

There is not any discussion of time in the DATA 2000 course. I wish there was some discussion of time---- pointing out that opioid dependence is a chronic condition, and that every patient has his/her own idea of the 'ideal treatment'.

I agree that the numbers used-- 18 months, 12 months, 2 years-- whatever--- are nothing but arbitrary lengths of time that are chosen for the convenience of a treatment team, rather actual lengths of time that it takes to treat addiction. The frustrating thing for me is that so many people play right into the hands of those clinics, by repeating the need to 'stop Suboxone within X years.' For some people-- MANY people--- buprenorphine is best considered a chronic medication. Yet some people go through so much misery before they come to that realization...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am doing much better at least for this month. Thank you everyone for the feed back, It means alot to me, the more I can learn about this medicine the better and thank you "Suboxdoc for your input... I went to my doctor today... and as I said.. I was worried about him taking me down on my dose already, after only 4 months. So I was just honest with him and told him I wasn't ready to go down yet, so he kept me on my same dose until next month. Then he will take me down 2 1/2 Mg's.... I thanked him very much, for being understanding after 18 years of being an addict.. 3 months is nothing to be on a steady medicine.. Thank you, for the support and comments everyone.. I just pray when this is over, I have the will power to stop drugs completely.... :) V
PS, I would like to hear from people that thought they where going to have to do drugs the rest of their lives too, if possible.. Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:27 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

[b]A MESSAGE FROM SLIPPER....

Dear V...

I must tell you I have been on subutex for 3 plus years after a 29 year addiction. I am not nearly ready
to come off of it. The sub allows me to live a normal life without the desire for pain killers...I do not
even think of them anymore. If I quit the sub I would be right back out there and I am not going to
live that way any longer. I went to treatment centers, AA NA ..counseling..all of it and nothing helped
me but the sub. I could not believe a drug could cure my addiction but after i took the second piece of
an 8mg. tablet I felt wonderful. It does not make me high. I am on 8 Mg. but probably could get by with
4...but i do have pain issues so I just take the 8...They started me on 16. Don't worry about reducing
the sub....anything 4 mg and above will work for you. I just do not worry or talk about getting off.

I take this medicine just like I take my insulin and blood pressure meds..because I have a disease called
addiction. I have no desire to get off this medicine. It works..and I do not want to mess with something
that finally works.!!! I do not understand an 18 month program??..but I would not quit this med after
18 months....if you have to...find another doctor.

I do not know everything. My advice to you may be wrong. I am just writing what i feel. I spent so many
years in Hell with this addiction and then I finally found a drug that works. It was a miracle for me.
I have a long way to go to solve my addictive self. I have a lot of growing up to do even though I am
old now....but...for my family's sake I will stay on this sub for the rest of my life if I have to. A lot of
people here on the forum are trying to get off the sub...many have done so and do not want to be on any
type drug. I congratulate them. I just do not feel like this is a drug drug...it is a necessity. The only
side effect I have ever had is constipation. I had that problem with the narcotics!!!lol

Whatever you do...I wish you the best of everything. I hope this gives you some insight to someone who
is on the sub for the long term. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one.

Sincerely,

Slipper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 am 

Hi Slipper,

I don't often say this, but not because I'm ashamed of it in any way. I have spent a long time here tapering down from 16 mg to 2 mg. For the time being I'm not going to taper any further. Eventually, though, I will try to go off sub. There are good reasons for me to try to go off suboxone. My addiction started in my mid-30s so I don't have to deal with the ways in which drugs changed my adolescent brain. My active addiction lasted only about 6 years, and I was only dependent on drugs for the last two. I have little trauma in my life from my childhood. The emotional trauma I do have, I have been working on since I went on suboxone and I'm doing a lot better with it.

For these reasons I think I have a decent shot at going off suboxone and continuing on with few slips. (Notice I didn't say no slips!) If I find it too difficult, if I lapse, if cravings become overwhelming I will gladly go back on sub! I don't think I'll even be very disappointed in myself. To me suboxone is a tool in the arsenal and nothing more.

What I'm trying to say is that, if it seems that I don't support people being on sub long term or if it looks like I only support people who taper, and if that has ever made you feel alone or like this is a different forum than it used to be, I want to personally apologize. Now believe me, I don't think I have such a big impact on folks around here that they would feel alone because of something I said! LOL :D Far from it! I just realize that I spend a lot of time making sure that the squeaky wheel is getting the grease. And a ton of the squeaky wheels around here are folks struggling with a taper!

I actually have a soft spot for the people here who have been on suboxone for a long time and will be for the foreseeable future. You and other members like you have my complete respect and the respect of many of the members. I don't want you to feel alone. You're not alone. Even if I am someday completely off sub I will be forever grateful for this medication. And I will continue to respect the people utilizing it.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Slipper, that's exactly how I feel... I KNOW when this is over I will need help again... I have been an addict more then half of my life and the Suboxone does stop me from doing other drugs and for the most part helps with cravings... but I feel I need to be on it long term also.. to be completely honest.. I loved getting high, obviously I spent 18 years doing it and the Suboxone stops me from doing the things I used to do that were harmful and I don't think I will be magically cured one the 18 months is up. I know I wont. So ultimately I feel like.. OK, I will stay on this program until its over.. go mess up again and start all over.. I tried talking to my doctor about this.. he was pretty stern I was going to have to go down on my dose this month but gave in to me and let me stay one more month on my 24 mg's a day... I don't understand why he can't just keep me on it. I was NOT a light user or someone who has only been addicted a couple of years.. I have had this illness for most of my life!! and I don't see it going away.... I just really don't have hope for being clean... And the Doctor I have is the only one in my state that takes my insurance... :/ I just want to know its possible to be an addict as long or longer then me and get "clean"!! My mom has been an addict for 52 years!! still is.... No hope. V

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:03 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

MESSAGE FROM SLIPPER.....

V...
I am just like you. Now I don't have to get a bunch of pills before we go on a trip!! I don't have to
doctor shop...I don't have to steal it from my friends..you know what I am talking about!!! I can just
live like normal people do. I don't think I could ever make it without anything...I would be right
back out there...maybe I am just not trying hard enough because I don't have to work at anything as
long as I have the sub....When I went to AA..it is a good program...but you have to work it if it works..
and I just could not work it!!! Nothing has ever worked for me...I was at the jumping off place..in
danger of losing my husband of 43 years...and my children...I will not go there again and live like that. I did things I would never have done sober. Your doctor is so different from mine...They encourage me to
take 3 a day???!!!..and they never talk about decreasing it...One time I mentioned having back pain
and so now they have charted I take sub for addiction and chronic back pain...maybe if you could come
up with some pain...he would change his mind. I don't know what state you live in..but are you sure
he is the only one??? I live in Texas so it would be hard for me to drive to another state ,,but I suppose
I would if i was in your shoes...I drove long places to get my drugs!!! And..my insurance pays very
little on the 150.00 a month...but I spent a heck of a lot more than that getting my pain pills...Of course
it does pay for the sub..which is high without insurance.. If I were you I would use this guy until your time
is up and then try like everything to find someone else...before he cuts you off...Maybe I am wrong telling
you all this..but I know what I did..I know how I feel...and I know what I would do if I did not have the sub.
I know me...and it sounds like we are a lot alike.

I even took stuff to my doctor that I ran off from some of Dr. J's stuff here on the forum...these DRs are
all different..and they have different ways...I would continue to talk to him about your feelings and
how scared you are and how this drug is helping you to live a normal life. I am an R.N. and I have worked
for 38 years in Nursing and Teaching and sometimes I think I know more than the Dr...but sometimes
that is just my stinking thinking getting in the way...I am no rocket scientist..but I know exactly how you
feel. The first Dr. I went to took me off at the end of 1 year...gave me my last 30 and said to taper off???

It was no time at all until I was out trying to find pain pills again..and so I found another Dr. in another
town..and he was so different from her!!! I am still going to him and he is so understanding and even
liked DR. J's stuff so well he had me write a letter about the forum and his clinic and he gave it to
other addicts to read. You just need to have another DR. lined up when this one quits...You will find
a way...I know you will...I think you need to stay on the sub for the long term, just like me. I may be
wrong and If I am ...I sure do not want to hurt you in any way...but I see myself in you...and I just know
how you feel and why you are worrying about this....

Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss this more...
and again...good luck to you...

Slipper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:10 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

AMY...

HEY AMY....
You have never done anything to hurt me in any way. You are a sweetheart and so supportive of everyone
here on the forum...I appreciate how you chime in and answer people who are hurting...they need that
so bad at first...thanks for the post..but you do not need to ever appoligize for anything to me...I think
a lot of you and I also think you are doing a great job here one the forum..

Sincerely,
Slipper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Slipper... You are dead on. You do know me.. You were right! and I really appreciate the advice.. One of my biggest problems though is my mother.... She told me I have to stop before it's too late. (hypocrite).. I am only 30 yes, but have been addicted since I was 13... I will be letting people down if I stay on.. My son, my boyfriend, My Mom, even though she is still steadily on drugs, doing the same shit she has done all of my life.. My first memory of when I was 3 yrs old was watching her boyfriend shoot up in his groin and a short time later DIED!!.. I told myself I would never do smack and I started on pills at 13, to 18 then when I went to the dentist.. My mom stole my pills and I was pissed so she offered to get me something better and shot me up for the first time... Yea, my mom shot me for the first time... it was all over after that. I have done everything, doctor hop, steal, scam, even look through everyone's medicine cabinets.. so ashamed.... I want to change! that's why I did this.. got on Suboxone.. I need medicine everyday or I will obsess until I find a way... even in jail I somehow talked the nurse into giving me drugs.. My mom always said 'where there's a will there's a way'.. and I don't want to be this way, I want my life, not dope. God help me... After my whole life of watching my mom, I cant believe its possible. I just don't believe there is a cure.... V

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi V,

Hopefully you can take a little bit of comfort in the fact that a lot of us, are you. Or are very much like you. I'm 33, female, and started using at 14. I lost my mom at 3 from a heroin OD and was given heroin for the first time, by my Dad. I've never admitted that on the forum before. I was already full blown dope sick from pills and I was begging him for something to help me, he caved. I ended up going in his phone and getting the phone number of the person who sold it. I secretly used my Dad's dealer for years. My husband is the one who shot me up for the first time and yes, it was all over from there.

My husband and I are both clean after 6 years of suboxone (following two years of initial methadone treatment.) Even my Dad has been doing great after 10 or so years of methadone. He only takes 10mg a day now and is doing amazing. I really hope you can find a compassionate doctor who understands this process better. It takes time to get to a place where you can learn to live without these drugs.

We're all here for you and never think you're alone. You're not.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys,

This thread has opened up an opportunity for those of us that have been very active in the "Stopping Suboxone" forum to express our feelings about those who are on long-term maintenance.

I have complete respect for those of you who are planning on sticking with suboxone indefinitely. Each person's addiction is unique to them, and each person's life situations will be different. We should all have the freedom to make our decisions based on what is best for us, and be supported in whatever our decisions are. My situation is a bit different because I have kind of been forced into a taper by my husband. He just isn't very understanding about addiction, and I think he believes that if I can just move past all this, things will go back to the way they were before. I wish he was right, but I know it's not going to happen. I am going to have to deal with this addiction for the rest of my life, one way or the other. If I felt like I would be supported and loved through it, I would more than likely stay on suboxone for a very long time, if not forever. It has completely changed my life, and I will be forever supportive of those who choose to stay on it.

I'm sorry, I kind of went off track giving that info about myself. I just wanted you guys to know where I'm coming from here. Just because I am planning on discontinuing suboxone at some point doesn't mean I think everyone should do the same.

V - I hope you are able to find a doctor that will support your decision to stay on suboxone. You really need to have that option, and the fear that comes in to play when you have a doctor that you know will force you off at some point is counterproductive to your recovery. Been there, done that...I don't think these doctors understand as much about addiction as they think they do when they have that type of mentality.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, I just wanted to chime in here also. The First time I was on Suboxone, I was shamed by my parents and husband to get off of it. They had NO idea had much the Suboxone was helping me. So I weaned off of it and i RELAPSED.

This is the second time I am on it and NO ONE knows because I am tired of other people telling me whats best for me.

You know yourself and what is working. Suboxone, when taken at the proper dose, will keep you from relapsing. Try to tune out other people in your family that shame you into thinking you are still a drug addict in ACTIVE use because you are not and being on a maintenance level of medication for the rest of your life if you need it is the only thing for me that will keep me away from relapsing. The best advice would be to try to educate the people around you that have a say so in your life. Have them do their research.

Too many people will die from this addiction by "others good intentions and advice"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi V
I have been on Suboxone about 4 years. I am 55 years old and started shooting Heroin at 16. I have have been on and off opiates for almost 40 years. Suboxone has been the only thing that has helped me. I finally feel "normal". No more obsessing on where I will get my next dose. I can go on a vacation and don't have to worry about making sure I have enough drugs for the trip......I don't have to tell you. You know all that goes through a drug addicts mind. I too have done so many things that I am ashamed of. I never want to go through that hell again. And right now I don't have to. I have no plans of stopping Suboxone anytime in the near future. I hear so many people talk about the side effects, but I have never had any side effects from Sub. I feel great physically, and definitely don't feel "foggy" like so many people talk about. I started out taking 24 mg, and now I am down to 2-1/2 mg/day. So, that is where I am going to stay,for now anyway. Maybe one day I will stop. But I truly believe if I stopped right now I would return to that horrible life. Addiction is a hard thing to understand.
My doctor is great. I only have to see him every 3 months, and he is very understanding. I know there are ALOT of doctors that don't agree with Bupe being used as a long term maintenance drug, but there are many that do.
I wish you all the luck in whatever you chose to do. And I agree that if your doctor takes you down a couple of mgs, you probably wouldn't even notice it. You would still be well above the ceiling.

Keep us posted.

Susie

Post subject: I've got some w/d Q's
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:12 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Im new to this forum... Not new to Suboxone. I was originally addicted, from about the age of 12 years old to Loritab/Hydrocodone/Vicodin and Tramadol. It started out as football injuries, wisdom teeth, concussions and then I just kept taking them. I was taking about 12-20 Loritabs a day. And when I didnt have that or only had a small amount, I would take up to 30 to 40 100mg Tramadol tablets. Anyway, I went to detox and got sober at about age 21ish. Its been 4 years and 134 days (currently on day 1,594).... With the help of Suboxone... I have been on it about 4 years, maybe a little more. I'm (was) on 8mgs sublingal 3 times a day (24mgs). To make a long story short I lost my PAPER SCRIPTS and the DR would not re-write. Luckily I had about 18 extra films. This happened on the 14th of august. Since then I have gone to 16mg a day. To 8mg a day. To 4mg a day. To 2mg a day. Now it's the 8th of september and im out. I do not want to get back on it. Im glad I lost the script.... However, I have gone through the normal withdrawls. Insomnia (which I already have), Body aches, sore throat, stuffy nose, nausea, cold sweats, jaw pain, joint pain, depression and anxiety, which I also already have.. So, my question to anybody who sees this and has experience or can help me out in anyway... How long do the withdrawls last???? Given my dosage and time on suboxone and the way I weined myself off? Right now my primary care physisian has given me Clonidine for shakes and sweats, Promethazine for nausea. I was already on 3mg Lunesta 1 at night and Klonopin 1mg twice daily. My counselor just changed me Klonopin dosage to 1mg 4 times a day now that im off of suboxone. Before I was getting that from my Sub Dr aswell. But with all this info. I would really appreciate it if anybody can help me out in anyway whatsoever. Ive read a lot of posts, but never posted. My big questions are. 1. How long do the withdrawls last? 2. How long before you start to feel normal again? And 3. What else can I do, if anything to make this any better and or faster?? I refuse to get on any other opiate. I refuse to take any of it. I just want to get this over and done and move on. So far it's not too bad. It's bearable. Its NOTHING compared to how I felt coming out of detox from the opiates before I got on Suboxone.... So Please.. Anybody that can give me any insight... Please do...?

"Don't walk the plank like I did. You will be dispensed with... When you become... Inconvenient..." (Thom Yorke)

Post subject: I've got some w/d Q's
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:32 am 
New Poster
New Poster

PS: I have never had cravings for any opiates during this whole time. Its not appealing to me at all. I would rather be dead than feeling what I felt before. So getting back on anything is not an option for me. And I've even had opportunities to get painkillers "Legally" perscribed to me, and Ive refused and will continue to. The only way it would happen is if I was on my death bed. Then I'd go crazy poppin'. "Legally Perscribed" are words us addicts like to use as and excuse to use..... I just wanted to let that out there before and if someone does decide to answer my post, just so you know where I stand on it. No offense to anybody on here at all... If I did offend anybody.... Please give me some info.?,?,

Todd