It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Suboxone hope
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:53 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

V_Inchains83 wrote:
I am a 30 year old female, I have been addicted to heroin, morphine, and all kinds of pain killers for 18 years.. I have tried many times to quit on my own and failed time after time. So I went to a Suboxone clinic and they put me on 24 Mg's a day ( three 8 mg strips) I have only been in therapy for 3 in a half months.. and the therapy lasts for 18 months. It has been hard, even on my dose now to not want to drug seek and I haven't. Next month my doctor is taking me down a few Mg's and I'm so scared!! I feel I might have to compensate for the missing Mg's I lost and to be honest I feel like I might need to be on this for the rest of my life.. It's the only way I have lived for 18 years. People might look down on me for this.. but I know my addict brain will want drugs when I'm done with this program and all I can think of is... How am I going to get on another program after this one is over.. I am in psychotherapy and groups and find they really don't help, especially since I have a white collar therapist that has no clue what it feels like and no life experience, just book smarts on what I'm going through. I'm not proud of myself for thinking this way and really don't feel at this point that I could ever be "clean" and there are a lot of factors in my life like pain, depression, mood and the fact that my mother, who also is an addict and is my best friend, and I feel I could never stay away from drugs completely. I really don't have a clear view right now, on if this is truly possible and I DO want to recover with all my heart! I just don't have the faith in myself right now and now that my doctor is taking me down next month I'm scared I might want to use. I'm worried. I wanted to know If you guys have ever felt this way? I could use some positive feed back or good advice. Thank's guys.. V

DEAR V...
Glad to hear from you!!!! I am so glad the sub is helping you. It sounds like quite a number of folks have
chimed in and are just like us!!

Many people get ready to get off sub...and do not want to take it anymore. I would like to be one of those
people, but I am just not. I finally started calling the pain pills in..because the drs. all cut me off. I knew if I
kept calling it in I would get caught...but I just could not help it...and sure enough I was arrested at
a Walmart in another city pretty far away from where I live. The newspaper man there got wind of me...
this nurse..teacher addict..and called the paper in my city..My newpaper called the school where I worked..
and then the whole town knew??!! My job was nice about it and let me stay on and do random drug tests.
I cannot imagine how hard it would be for you to have a mother addicted and shooting you up. I came from
a happy family with not addiction...and I have no idea what happened to me...but If i had been in your shoes.
wow...I would be off and running.

I hope you continue to do well and please keep us posted...I want to hear how you are doing!!

Later,.
Slipper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Interpol wrote:
PS: I have never had cravings for any opiates during this whole time. Its not appealing to me at all. I would rather be dead than feeling what I felt before. So getting back on anything is not an option for me. And I've even had opportunities to get painkillers "Legally" perscribed to me, and Ive refused and will continue to. The only way it would happen is if I was on my death bed. Then I'd go crazy poppin'. "Legally Perscribed" are words us addicts like to use as and excuse to use..... I just wanted to let that out there before and if someone does decide to answer my post, just so you know where I stand on it. No offense to anybody on here at all... If I did offend anybody.... Please give me some info.?,?,

Todd

Hi Todd and welcome to the forum! Everyone is different as you probably know, but I can tell you about my own experience when I tried stopping the sub at 2mg. Withdrawals may last for days, if not for weeks in many people. No attempt to frighten you, just the truth.

If you could begin your own thread you will get may more responses than you may here on this thread.

I gave this a go a few times, probably 4-5 times of jumping at 2mg because I wanted off so bad, not because I had to get off. My doctor would have kept me on it for the rest of my life if I had wanted that, but I didn't.

I was at a high dose of 24mg taking an 8mg film 3 times a day. I tapered myself down to the 2mg and then tried jumping as I said. Well each and EVERY time I could make it about 4-5 days, sometimes 6 days and then the withdrawal symptoms would begin. From hot/cold sweats, to headaches, to RLS at night, and general body aches and pains. I always had to get right back on 2mg and then everything was fine.

I came to the forum here looking for a taper plan for me. I received several responses and suggestions, and a ton of support along the way. I figured out I needed to taper much lower, as many here have, and that would give me my very best chance to get off the sub for good. I tapered by .25mg increments every 4-7 days and that worked for ME. Now others have found they needed to taper by far less than that, and make their durations a week or longer before reducing their dose. It's all about what works best for YOU Todd.

I got down to .50mg and had to have an emergency surgery. After the surgery I just never started the subs back up again and now I'm off everything! Not the way to do it, but that actually worked for me. If not for the surgery I would have tapered down to .25mg next and either jumped from that dose, or I had considered tapering one more time to .125mg and jumping from there.

I guess if I had to advise you what to do or expect is: any withdrawals may not begin for several days due to the very long half life of the sub. Mine didn't begin for 4-5 days as I mentioned. Or you could get more subs and perhaps taper lower and hopefully that will lessen any symptoms you may have.

Of course it'a also very possible you may not have any symptoms anyway, as we are all different. You may be perfectly ok where your at. Guess I owuld wait and see what happens Todd. Let the days take care of themselves and see if you begin feeling bad or not. You may be fine as I said. If you sit and WAIT for symptoms to begin then they most likely will. Just take the attitude that your in good shape.

Hope this helps and sorry it's such a long reply. I wish you the very best. Please keep us updated with your progress and what you decide to do. Others may be here with different suggestions. Take what you need and leave the rest. This is what worked for ME and may not be right for you!

Begin your thread and we'll go from there!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Man! I appreciate you guys talking to me and making me feel like I'm not a failure for the way I feel and not wanting to get off of this medicine, that to me is a life saver.. Btw, Talking about being counterproductive... When I first started therapy, at the doctors office, I got my medicine at, they gave me an awesome therapist, that KNEW what she was talking about! and was really helping me. I felt I could REALLY get off drugs, I had faith in myself.. 2 months into therapy, they told me she could not see me anymore and had me on hold for 3 weeks almost 4 before telling me finally I had to find a new therapist... I had to go to another office and get a new therapist. The only one available was a man, 30 years my senior and knew nothing about being an addict, only by the books.. you know the kind that says.. "how does that make you feel' AHH!!... I lost hope from there and and felt abandoned.. which is a BIG issue with me.. I was writing in a journal every day and just didn't care to do it anymore after that, but I really don't have much of a choice because of my insurance... So I broke down, but not completely.. I smoked pot. But all it did was give me anxiety and make me feel guilty but I didn't use, so I feel ok, but I feel a little better now finding you guys, who DO understand.. and btw, Tinydancer... Thank you, for sharing your story about your father.. That meant a lot to me because no one in my real life knows about my mother doing the same to me. So Thank you for that... Sometimes I get so sad being torn between wanting to stay on medicine the rest of my life and wanting to get off drugs completely... Anything you guys have to share with me to sway my decision is so greatly appreciated!!.. more then I can express.. Thanks guys... V <3

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Todd,

Welcome to the forum!

I noticed you had posted this same message on another members thread and I deleted it. There is no need to double post. If you would like responses just go to the appropriate section, in this case either the "Introductions" or "stopping suboxone" section would be perfect, and start your own thread. You are more likely to get more responses to your questions that way as most people clicking on this one are doing so to respond to the Original Poster.

No worries about the mistake. It takes a minute to get the hang of how things work on these types of forums. :D

Again, welcome! I hope you stick around and get the answers you are looking for!

Qhorsegal2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:32 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Interpol wrote:
PS: I have never had cravings for any opiates during this whole time. Its not appealing to me at all. I would rather be dead than feeling what I felt before. So getting back on anything is not an option for me. And I've even had opportunities to get painkillers "Legally" perscribed to me, and Ive refused and will continue to. The only way it would happen is if I was on my death bed. Then I'd go crazy poppin'. "Legally Perscribed" are words us addicts like to use as and excuse to use..... I just wanted to let that out there before and if someone does decide to answer my post, just so you know where I stand on it. No offense to anybody on here at all... If I did offend anybody.... Please give me some info.?,?,

Todd

Hi Todd and welcome to the forum! Everyone is different as you probably know, but I can tell you about my own experience when I tried stopping the sub at 2mg. Withdrawals may last for days, if not for weeks in many people. No attempt to frighten you, just the truth.

If you could begin your own thread you will get may more responses than you may here on this thread.

I gave this a go a few times, probably 4-5 times of jumping at 2mg because I wanted off so bad, not because I had to get off. My doctor would have kept me on it for the rest of my life if I had wanted that, but I didn't.

I was at a high dose of 24mg taking an 8mg film 3 times a day. I tapered myself down to the 2mg and then tried jumping as I said. Well each and EVERY time I could make it about 4-5 days, sometimes 6 days and then the withdrawal symptoms would begin. From hot/cold sweats, to headaches, to RLS at night, and general body aches and pains. I always had to get right back on 2mg and then everything was fine.

I came to the forum here looking for a taper plan for me. I received several responses and suggestions, and a ton of support along the way. I figured out I needed to taper much lower, as many here have, and that would give me my very best chance to get off the sub for good. I tapered by .25mg increments every 4-7 days and that worked for ME. Now others have found they needed to taper by far less than that, and make their durations a week or longer before reducing their dose. It's all about what works best for YOU Todd.

I got down to .50mg and had to have an emergency surgery. After the surgery I just never started the subs back up again and now I'm off everything! Not the way to do it, but that actually worked for me. If not for the surgery I would have tapered down to .25mg next and either jumped from that dose, or I had considered tapering one more time to .125mg and jumping from there.

I guess if I had to advise you what to do or expect is: any withdrawals may not begin for several days due to the very long half life of the sub. Mine didn't begin for 4-5 days as I mentioned. Or you could get more subs and perhaps taper lower and hopefully that will lessen any symptoms you may have.

Of course it'a also very possible you may not have any symptoms anyway, as we are all different. You may be perfectly ok where your at. Guess I owuld wait and see what happens Todd. Let the days take care of themselves and see if you begin feeling bad or not. You may be fine as I said. If you sit and WAIT for symptoms to begin then they most likely will. Just take the attitude that your in good shape.

Hope this helps and sorry it's such a long reply. I wish you the very best. Please keep us updated with your progress and what you decide to do. Others may be here with different suggestions. Take what you need and leave the rest. This is what worked for ME and may not be right for you!

Begin your thread and we'll go from there!

Karen xoxo

DEAR V inchains85
A MESSAGE FROM SLIPPER,

Many people just do not want to have to take any kind of pill. When the get on sub..many want to taper off
and be free of all drugs at last. I think there are just as many people who get on sub and have no intention
of getting off any time soon. It is fine either way. No one size fits all here. Everyone is different and that
is ok. It is a shame your family ((and dr,.)) are telling you you are taking way too much.
That is the last thing they should be telling you. You cannot compare sub with the hydrocodones..oxys.etc..
With those drugs, the more we took, the more we needed...just to get through the day. The sub stops all
of that. Yes I know i am taking a class 3 narcotic. I also know how it works. Yes at first I took even more
of the sub..to see if it would do more...((many of us tried this one))..Finally I decided the folks in the know
were right...more after the ceiling dose is reached..is just a waste. So i get 24 a day..take 8...and save the
other two. My doctor could move or quit..and I want to have enough to find another doctor. I really think I
could get by on 4mg. and may try that this month. But I will take all I need to take to stop cravings and
withdrawals.

like i said before...the is just another medicine...I have a disease called addiction...I treat it with subutex
just like I treat my diabetes with insulin..and blood/pressure..etc.. I do not consider myself on drugs.
i consider myself clean and sober and I hope you can do the same....don't let anyone talk you out of your
ability to live your life!!!

Slipper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are you, V?