It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My experience with headaches and Sub is that they just get worse over time. Five years ago they would hit me once a week and then about two years ago they came every single day. I ended up having to quit Subutex because I would get a very painful day or two long headache. When I finally did quit the headaches didn't completely go away but I never again had such intense painful day long headaches as when I did when taking Sub.

I then eliminated all prescription drugs, Coffee, chocolate, spicy foods, Wheat, and treated sleep apnea. Now I don't wake up feeling great but I no longer have headaches.

Discovering what causes headaches headaches can be difficult for the following reasons. 1. They are sometimes delayed by 2-8 hours. 2. They can be caused by many different things. 3. The effect from different things accumulate.

There is no long term effective treatment for headaches with medication. Eventually you get rebound headache that are worse then the original headache. You have to find what triggers them and cut out those triggers. Unless your headache is caused by a tumor or something that can actually be fixed you have to play detective and experiment with many different things to find all of the triggers. But food and drugs are the main causes.

It took me a few years to see a steady pattern develop and enough will power to stop all of things that seem to be triggers. I would have probably never quit Sub if not for the headaches.
Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Tim,
Here are some effective tips to deal with headaches.
Workout regularly to manage stress but avoid high intensity workouts and pushing yourself too hard or too fast. Keep a headache diary, watch what you eat and stay hydrated by drinking more water. Quit caffeine, alcohol and tobacco and to get plenty of sleep, stick to a sleep schedule.

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
561 - 444 - 7751