It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am new to the forum and would like to share what Suboxone has done for my. In 1995 I was in a car accident that caused traumatic brain injury to the frontal lobe section of my head. To be more descriptive of the damage, it severely impacted the "pleasure" and "emotional" area of my brain. After coming out of the hospital I never knew that my life would completely different from that day forward. I started having major depression and schzophrenic like hallucinations both visual and audible. I was prescribed Wellbutrin, which made me suicidal. Than Lexapro, Zyprexa, Risperdol, and Giodon. I did get fat really quick but no better. My psychiatrist than prescribed to Suboxone 8mg-2mg 2x a day and I have never been able breathe until that medicine started working. I have no previous opiate issues just depression and schzophrenic episodes that Suboxone has given me my life back. Thank you for reading this and I hope it does you well.

Jesse S.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:48 am 

Wow Jesse, that is an amazing story! I work with people who are dealing with schizophrenia and depression as well as substance abuse. All I can say is that it takes a strong and amazing person to deal with those symptoms. I don't think that I could do it. I admire your strength and I am so happy that suboxone has been an answer for you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:54 am 

It's great to have you here, Jesse!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Jsimon

Welcome to the forum,

I too suffered from depression ... and an antidepressants alone did not help me. because I too tried taking Lexapro alone and nothing else for depression and it helped four a few months and then I was still depressed.

Although, I am an addict and I take subs for that reason... however.. There was something magical in the combination of the antidepressant and the suboxone that has made things " perfect for me" . I no longer suffer from depression thanks to an anti depressant and suboxone.

It def makes sense why subs help depression. I could see a lift in my depression as soon as I started taking this med.

It has been a life saver in all ways .

Good luck to you and I hope it will continue to work for you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's wonderful! So glad you joined the forum.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Jesse. That's amazing!! I'm so pleased your life is easier now. I've never heard of Suboxone being used in this way. It has completely changed my life too, I wss an addict. Take care Jesse.