It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you guys.... i love coming on here and reading your responses. I took my first dose of suboxone tonight. (8mgs and it was 12 hours after the last vicodin) My withdrawals hadnt gotten that bad, but my dr seems to have a very busy schedule and seemed to just want to get me going. Its amazing how normal I feel. I will let you guys know how it goes the next few days.... are there better ways to chat on here or is it best to post on these forums?? I love all the advice!!! I am kinda worried bout taking this still. When I told my dr i didnt want to go from one addiction to another she basically said we would deal with that bridge when the time comes. I asked how long she thought i needed suboxone. She said usually at least 9 months..... I dont know how i feel about this. My hubby wants to help get me off all of it as soon as possible. Wants to help me get happy and healthy. I just want to enjoy life again......I need to learn how..... Thanks for everything!! Its great to know there are people who understand!!!

Post subject: Take it slow
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:13 pm 

Hi JD,

Congratulations on getting your life back! Please don't worry so much about getting off the Suboxone. You just got on it and need to stabilize and work on your addiction issues. I like your Dr's statement about it being 9 months or so. Mine said six months but I've been on it for three years now.

Wasn't it great when you first felt the Sub working? The w/d's go away and then the cravings for opiates go too. To be honest, I am a bit afraid to go off it. Had to do it a couple of times for surgery and ended up abusing the pain pills again. With an addiction like that it may be better if I stay on it until I know the time is right.

Now enjoy you life again w/o all the madness. You might feel a bit woozy from time to time but just keep busy and it'll pass.

R62

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey JD,

I'm glad your transition to Suboxone went smooth, that's great!!

I'm with Rule62 on not worrying too much about getting off Suboxone just yet. You didn't learn your addictive behaviors overnight, they're not gonna go away overnight, either.

What I would do if I were you is make sure I'm on a dose that manages my cravings and a dose that makes me feel OK, no more. A lot of doctors seem to have their patients on very high doses of Suboxone when it's probably not necessary.

As for better ways to chat on this site, there is a chat feature on the main page, towards the bottom of the page, but it doesn't get used too often.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Glad it worked out well for you. As for the 9 month treatment that doesn't sound unreasonable. I'm sure if you wanted to taper more quickly the doctor would be ok with it. Only advice for tapering is take it slow and only decrease by small amounts and wait for your body to stabilize with that dose before going down more. Good luck, you will find a lot of useful information here.