It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone is a God Send
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was in several car wrecks leaving me with 8 discs in my neck and back really messed up. The Doctors prescibed Vicodin and percocet, after 3 yrs of using these drugs 1 every 4 hours wasn't getting it and before you know it you are taking 4 or5 6 times a day. I struggled through rehab 4 times with Methadone and ALWAYS went back to using until I found Suboxone. The doctor tried me on 16 mg to start and by the grace of god it was to much so I was reduced to 8mg. In the 2 yrs I have been on Suboxone I have made it down to 2 mg a day and from day one of using Suboxone I have not wanted or craved any drugs. I know I will probably be on this for the rest of my life but what is the difference in this drug or the heart medication that I have to take for the rest of my life., as long as I can get up everyday and function like the person I was before the doctors got me hooked on pain pills I don't care what anyone has to say about Suboxone being bad for you. I like knowing that I don't spend my whole day consumed with do I have enough pills to get through another day. I like that I can go do the things that I use to do. If you have a choice between Methadone or Suboxone give Suboxone a try first because you will never consider Methadone again. To those wanting a drug free life I wish you the best of luck and I hope you can do it. My family is so glad that I,me,myself is back that they to would recommend Suboxone. Has anyone heard of a generic form of Suboxone in the makings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:46 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi blndbty35cch -

Since you are on this for pain control - I'd say YES there is a generic. It is for buprenorphine (the main ingredient in suboxone) called subutex.

The other ingredients that are in suboxone are for abuse prevention.

You can look through the forum on generics. Subutex is just bupe, and you can get in recently now, in generic.

Hope this helps, and keep us Posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

blndbty35 I just wanted to make sure that you understood that the generic Subutex works the exact same way I had to switch recently because I lost my insurance and the only difference is that Suboxone has naloxone in it. The naloxone was supposed to prevent still practicing addicts from being able to "shoot up" dissolved Suboxone tablets but usually the buprenorphine (main ingrediant in Suboxone) itself will put still practicing opiate addicts into withdrawals depending on their opiate tolerance at the time. The generic Subutex is in no way more abusable or addictive as with people taking both Suboxone and Subutex including generic Subutex they are/ we are physically dependant on the medication but we're not constantly thinking about where we can get more pills, worry about where we're going to get the money, lose interest in our family etc that is what defines "addiction" and not the fact that Suboxone/ Subutex patients are physically dependant on the medication. In summary we don't "crave" Suboxone like we would with other opiates....if you take more you're not going to feel any different (if you're taking around 2-4mgs of Suboxone) as the ceiling effect kicks in. Basically I'm saying please don't be worried about switching to generic Subutex if that's what you decide to do, it works the exact same way and I can say that from personal experience :) Oh and the generic doesn't taste great either but there's no nasty fake orange/lime taste to it. I actually prefer the generic now based on taste

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:31 pm 
I just found out about and started taking Suboxone 5 months ago. It has changed my life, but of course I was also ready for a change, ready to quit abusing something every day just to make it. I also started at a high dose but now I'm down to 4 mg. I also absolutely intend to take Suboxone (or generic Subutex) for the rest of my life. After years of intensely destructive addiction, I know I can't trust myself to stay clean without the medication. You just never know when a relapse is going to come out of nowhere. There are users of this forum who think that taking a few months of successful Sub treatment will make them "strong enough" to go off the medication and then resist relapse even though they could never do so before. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you suffer from such a terrible injury, but I'm glad that Suboxone has helped you so much. You are correct to equate Sub use to taking heart medication or any other medication for a chronic health condition - no one would ever think about going off of those meds even if they "feel" better. Good luck to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I just recently switch to Subutex and I haven't noticed a difference, but the price - of course. And you are right, suboxone/subutex is a really great drug. And it looks like I am going to be on this drug for the rest of my life as well. Which I am more then willing to do!!! Good LUCK!!!! :)