It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi
I am new here but have been an adict for 30 yr or so. I stumbled upon a clinic being advertised online and contacted the Doctor who phoned and asked me how could he help.
I told him i was struggling and had been struggling with methamphetamine/ alchohol/ opiate addction and i was at the end of the line. I am a 58yo male with the sweet things that go with that ie Wife, kids, grandkids, lots of love, lots of anxiety, depression and an extreme bucket of guilt with a cowboy attitude and an understanding that a bullet was comming for me.
He said come in lets talk. Long story short he said suboxone has had some recent history being prescribed off label with some good results and he personaly had some clients responding well and why dont i go away for a week and think about it.
I have now been on suboxone for 6 months and i still drink a little i havent taken an illegal drug for that period. I am well versed in the Darknet markets so i can acess anything i want in a 3 day time frame. I still dont quite believe it but i am clean and in a calm place and my anxiety has melted away.
I begged doctors 30 years ago to think out of the square to treat me and finaly i have found one and wonder am i alone or are other people with a similar profile being treated.
I am sorry if my words are a bit all over the place but i hope i can be understood.
Suboxone has changed my life, my wifes life, my kids life, my grand kids life and at last my communitys life.
Cheers
M

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Successes are the greatest of all stories to read. There's nothing like a successful long-term active addict who can turn it all around.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:19 pm 

Yes suboxone has changed me & my whole families lives for the better. I can't imagine what my poor children and parents went through during all that time I was using. I was truly lost. After I started suboxone, I remember the first Christmas off pills and it was amazing! Peace of mind is everything! I used to stress out so much over being sick that I never had any peace, so to be able to enjoy the holidays is wonderful. Just being able to wake up in the morning in peace is wonderful. Being a better u changes everyone's lives in ur family.

When I first started suboxone treatment, I remember being in my clinic meetings and I'd feel bad for the ppl that was having to stop taking benzo's because even though they were getting treatment for opiate addiction, they were still feeling horrible coming off Xanax. In my clinic, u aren't able to take any other controlled substances. And I remember wondering if suboxone would possibly help with the other things like methamphetamine, cocaine or benzo's. I wasn't addicted to anything but opiates thankfully, but always wondered about how suboxone alone would help the ppl that had issues with more than just opiates. I'm so happy to hear it has helped u!