It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone for life for me
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

New here. Planning to share my story sooner or later. in meantime...
Everybody seems to be in various degrees of urgency to get off bup's...not me. maybe never.
I recently took a job that meant moving about 900 miles south. I made my last script last many months breaking halves in half.
Found a new sub doc there but way too much hassle/money. So I just ran out. At a new job. Sounds like a bad scenario, eh? Well it wasn't that bad. The biggest problem was the proximity of the only bathroom within a high end retail showroom. You all know.
In the end the job did not work out and I moved back up north 5 months off bup.
Life was horrible for me, having nothing to do with the move south, the failed job or moving back.
1. My chronic back pain was off the charts bad beyond help of therapy and 2,400 mg motrin and naprox.
2. My depression was equally bad (Not PAWS). My back only allowed for being vertical but my depression wanted me horizontal. Sleep was a cruel joke...Hour here and there in a recliner.
3. I have several family members with legit percs, vicodins even a step mother with oxy she deserves but does not take. So I was scrounging med cabinets and about to swipe those oxy's.
Surprisingly my 'up north' doc let me back in, no problem and wow....I NEVER EVER want to feel that way again.
Bottom line I think of buprenorphine as a miracle drug. I plan on never being without until ALKS 5461 gets thru phase 3 and available. That will be a game changer for lot's of people who have no hope managing MDD.
I will gladly deal with the excess sweating and toilet backups compared to my other option.
As a final note...my doc let me get straight bup this time, no naltrexone. I see no dif except
the $$ I save...3 bucks for 8mg tablets...
Have a great day everyone. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The long term to forever approach is definitely where my head is at also for those who want to remain on bupe. We know ourselves and our levels of pain, depression, and risks of relapse, most of the time better than our doctors. If the med agrees with you(no bad side effects), and your quality of life is better, then I think it's reasonable to expect to be able to stay on the medication. Addiction is a disorder that never goes away, so why stop using a treatment that works for you if you don't want to? That's my take on it anyway.