It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok so I've been on subutex since august of 2011 when I learned I was pregnant, I continued taking 10mgs a day until I had my son in April. After I had him the doctor switched me to Suboxone films still 10mgs a day. I also have Hep C which I have heard time and time again that suboxone is no good for a Person with Hep C it's pretty much like putting yourself into an earlier grave. I'm not getting treatment for the Hep C because I haven't been back to the doc since I had my son. I am taking Milk Thistle for it though. I have a lOng history of medical problems. In 2010 I was in a car wreck where the truck landed on my chest while flipping 7 times and broke my sternum and fractured my spine, 2 wks later I had my kidney removed due to a mass they found but it was benine, in march of 2011 I had a ruptured tubal pregnancy and then in august of 2011 I was in another car wreck where the ashtray ripped through my shin leaving a whole that I could easily put my fist into and it still hasn't completely healed. Sorry for all of that but I wanted to let you know all my med problems before continuing. After the last wreck was when I got on the subutex. The entire time I was on it I felt great with no Problems. When I got switched to the suboxone films in April I have been overcome with being tired all of the time. And I'm not exaggerating when I say I go to bed around 10pm wake up around 12pm for an hr and fall back to sleep until 4pm, I fall back to sleep around 5pm and am out again until 9pm then go back to bed between 10-11pm and am out again until 12pm the next day. I take my vitamins and don't take anything besides those the milk thistle and my suboxone films. I never had this issue until the doc switched me and my doctor keeps telling me it's not the Films its my Hep C. What do I do? I can't stay awake to take care of my baby or even clean my house. I'm getting extremely depressed. Any advice would be really appreciated? Does anyone else have this issue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

All that sounds rough, wow. :)

One thing, the films can absorb a lot more efficiently than the tablets and you cold be getting a much higher dose than you were on the subutex tabs. If it were me i would try cutting the dose down to 8 mg or even less for a week, like a whole week to get a good picture of what a lower dose would feel like after stabilizing. It sounds to me like your dose could be too high?

Also I remember an old poster junkie781 used to post here all the time who had hep c and no problems with suboxone. He planned on taking sub for life actually so it must have been workin out for him...

Anyway that's my take. I remember when the films came out the doctors were told that patients switching from the tabs to the film may need a lower dose due to the absorption. Also I remember feeling a little drugged when I made the switch myself for a while. And I don't know if u were on one of the generic subutex, name brand or what but I have red mixed things about absorption on some of the generics, who knows right?

Good luck,

Glen b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have lowered my dose I tried clear down to 4mgs. I took a subutex today and I feel great! I honestly think that it's the naloxone. But you're right who knows, I feel like my dr wouldn't believe me about it though. Idk what to do. I'm tired of being tired. I went from being happy on the subutex to being absolutely miserable and depressed on the films. The drs say they put us on the suboxone films/pills because you can't shoot them but that's bullshit. You can shoot them without going into withdrawal as long as you're not taking anything but subs. There are men in my clinic on subutex but every woman is on suboxone films. I don't see how that's even close to being fair. I don't take my medicine any other way than the way it's supposed to be taken. I take my exact dosage no more than that. I've relapsed once the entire time I've been in the clinic and it was after I got put on these damn films and I relapsed on metadate so I could stay awake. I am highly depressed on these things and if u tell him your depressed he'll put u on something for depression. Right now after taking the subutex today and I only took half of a pill (4mgs) I am so happy. I haven't been this happy in a while now and even my boyfriend can see the difference.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok I guess I have relapsed twice if You include me taking the subutex today. I had 208 days clean when I relapsed the 1st time and I was so happy to have that much time I just couldn't take not being able to stay awake at any point and time