It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Looking to solicit some opinions on dosing by sticking sub film between lip/gums as opposed to under tongue. Any good experiences out there? I have switched from the "traditional" method to now putting it between my gums and lower lip like dip or chew and have not noticed any significant difference but it has only been a few days.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you guys have on this topic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:28 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I put mine between my lower lip and gums. I don't know that it makes any difference in how well it absorbs but I have dry mouth and it took for ever to dissolve under my tongue so by putting it between my lip/gums I'm able to talk normally. I just don't eat or drink until it has dissolved.
But for me I'm able to stick it there and forget about it for the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:27 pm 

While it is a directive by drs and the makers of Buprenorphine products to use the under tbe tougue method, it has been well documented here and over in Dr Junigs Talkzone that useing the intire inside of the mouth as the best way for absorbtion.
Useing a dry mouth over the largest area and at the highset Consentration will give the dosing a full benefit.
Just leaving it under the tougue produces to much saliva for one thing. Yes the sub will still work, but it is the dryness and the time that increases bioability.

I know many people who do the lip an gum way. Or just paint it all over the inside of the mouth..

Good question.

Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The suggestions I've made are based on the ways that other substances diffuse across biological membranes. Buprenorphine absorption is not mediated by any carrier or receptor (amino acids, for example, enter the body after being bound by specific carriers and transported across cell membranes). Buprenorphine crosses because of diffusion, which is 'powered' by the difference in concentration between each side of the membrane. The epithelium is essentially the same throughout the surfaces inside the mouth-- so the part of the mouth is probably less important than other factors-- like the amount of dilution by saliva and the blood flow under the surface.

I've wondered if I've done a disservice, though, by encouraging people to focus so much attention on absorption. I suspect that most people worrying about getting enough buprenorphine absorbed actually have plenty of buprenorphine in the bloodstream, and would do fine with less attention to the issue.

I suppose the issue is relevant for someone who needs to get the most out of a prescription... but the general goal with buprenorphine is to have people take their dose without much thought, and to let all the emotional stuff fade away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
I've wondered if I've done a disservice, though, by encouraging people to focus so much attention

Each appointment I ask about side-effects, effectiveness, triggers (and how they handle them).
Necessary, but does it cause more consternation?