It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone film
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I never have a good reaction starting out with these things. I have waited as long as 2 days and still go into with drawl. What is wrong. Should I just put myself into wd by taking to soon. Will this clean my system out then I can continue the next dose that nigt with no wd pains

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not sure what you're asking..sounds like you're trying to use Suboxone when you don't have your drug of choice..I'm not going to assume anything until you can respond with an answer, but if this IS indeed what you are trying to accomplish and are only using Suboxone when you run out of hydrocodone/whatever, then you're really coming to the wrong place to ask that kind of thing. Suboxone is for people who want to STOP using opiate painkillers ALL TOGETHER...Not for those who want relief from withdrawals and use it only when they can't get hydrocodone or other opiates..

If I'm perceiving this wrong, or read it the wrong way, then please accept my sincerest apologies, but it doesn't seem like you're someone who's using suboxone properly..because 1st off, if you're actually PRESCRIBED suboxone and not getting it on the street, then your DOCTOR will tell you how to take it and you don't worry about W/D effects. Once you're on it, YOU'RE ON IT. There's no going back into withdrawals once you start taking Suboxone.

If you DID actually get your suboxone from a doctor that prescribed it to you, and he didn't explain how to use it, then you need a new doctor. Induction should be done with the proper amount of time between last opiate use.

I just don't see how you a)acquired suboxone without being given instructions by the PH.D or pharmacist, and b)are obviously still using opiates if you keep going in withdrawals.

The idea of suboxone is to DISCONTINUE ALL OPIATE USE, and ONLY USE SUBOXONE. You don't take suboxone a couple days, then go back to lortabs or oxys a couple days, then go back to suboxone again...thats a mu receptor rollercoaster.

So please, give a little more detail of your course of action and reasoning for the question being so vague...

Post subject: Re: Suboxone film
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

chefreiter wrote:
I never have a good reaction starting out with these things. I have waited as long as 2 days and still go into with drawl. What is wrong. Should I just put myself into wd by taking to soon. Will this clean my system out then I can continue the next dose that nigt with no wd pains

I'm a bit confused myself. It almost sounds like you're trying to do an induction and are waiting to go into withdrawals before starting your suboxone? Is that correct?

Please give us some additional information so we know how to assist you. If you are doing your own induction, is a doctor involved and can't you just call her/him? Your doctor is there to help you with induction and everything else related to suboxone. That's why they are there.

Anyway, let us know. If you are trying to induce, we'll do our best to help you thru it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I first thought the same thing, but obviously this person keeps going back to something else, because "going in withdrawals and waited as long as two days" to me says that they keep doing opiates after having waited 2 days to do suboxone, then back to opiates again because the suboxone isn't given sufficient time to work??

I'm quite confused on this one myself...hard to understand.