It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't know if anyone else does this but:

I brush my teeth really well and use a tongue scraper to clean my tongue. I take a swig of bacardi 151 and swirl it around my mouth.. IT BURNS LIKE THE DICKENS!!!! I spit out the bacardi and let my mouth dry up. I can notice that the veins underneath my tongue swell up. I wait for the excess saliva to evaporate or I swallow it and with a mouth full of spent Bacardi 151 I place my suboxone strip where it belongs.

I definitely notice a better half-life and better BA. I can take half my dosage and feel as if I took a whole strip. Has anyone else tried this out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

… I forgot, once the strip is resolved, i leave the saliva buildup in my mouth and just swirl it around under my tongue, roof of mouth, gums, etc… I usually keep it for about an hour. Is this too long?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

If it is working then I guess you have no reason to stop, but an hour seems like it’s a little overboard. Also, I am a little confused why you are swishing Bacardi around your mouth. I guess the alcohol helps or something...? It seems like using a drink like Bacardi seems unnecessary when you could just use Listerine. Obvious I’m pretty confused on your method. Could you elaborate a little on why you use the Bacardi?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I use the Bacardi 151 because it has a high alcohol content. From what I've read online, studies, clinical trials, alcohol increases suboxone's BA (Biovalability) since in trial studies, buprenorphine was administered via alcoholic tinctures. Because of the lower BA administration through the sublingual mucous membranes, more bupe is in the strips to compensate for the lack of BA in the sublingual administration method. From what I understand, that's the reason why switching from strips to tablets and vice versa, those on tablets can get higher BA from strips (over absorption of bupe) and those on strips to tablets, less absorption.)

Listerine has a lower alcohol, around 20-30% content than B151, which is 151 proof, roughly 70% alcohol. There is a thread on bluelight that explains this in more detail (See Below). I was skeptical that it would work at first, but when I tried, it worked wonders. I was able to go from 8mg to 4mg and feel the bupe effects better. More absorption means you can use less mg to maintain your suboxone taper, schedule, etc...

NOTE: I'm not trying to get high, i'm trying to ween down and get off this junk. Also, I wouldn't use rubbing alcohol, that could really damage your mucous membranes. plica fimbriata, etc…

I hope this makes a bit more sense.

* Google suboxone alcohol BA and it's the first link that shows up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Alcohol does improve bio-availability and will help suboxone absorb better. Now I don't know if 151 will help even better than mouthwash, but I believe I've read that it might. Some people I've heard use vodka.

Just remember when it comes to putting the strips in your mouth that there is NOTHING special about the veins under your tongue. The sub can/will absorb through any/all of the mucous membranes in your mouth, not just under the tongue. Just FYI (per Dr. J).

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You spit out the bacardi?

The shame of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@tearjerker: lol! I don't drink so yeah i just spit it out. My drinking days are done :) But yeah, wasting B151 is a shame :p

@hatmaker: I've heard that too. I just let them dissolve under my tongue all over (the strips) then when it's done dissolving i swish the mixture around in my mouth. I think, although I'm not sure, that the tablets are easier to dissolve and "paint" the goop all over the roof/gums/cheeks. I've never taken the tabs but that is my impression. It's hard to spread a sticky tiny goop of sub strip around my entire mouth, maybe some can but I don't even try as I think I'll just end up sticking to my teeth and lose BA, etc…

As to listerine vs bacardi 151… i'll take alcohol over listerine. I'd rather not have the other chemicals listerine contains in my mouth. I don't know if 30% alcohol is better than 70% for absorption but it would seem like it is. Eh.