It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone film packaging
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey everyone, I was just curious of everyone’s opinion on the current suboxone film packaging. These films aren't like most other prescriptions where you’re handed a bottle of pills with the information of the contents on a sticker attached to the bottle. Instead, for these films when they're being held in your hand, it screams in huge text on a colorful wrapper "suboxone".

I personally take two at a time so I have to open two different wrappers. They fill up my trash can easily and the process of opening the package can potentially rip the strip, or not tear properly forcing you to use scissors. Some of these cons aren't much of a big deal when I’m home but when I have to deal with it in the car, at work, or anywhere else it can lead to some problems. The films are very tiny and can melt easily if they’re left in your car for too long, or any place that attracts heat.

Some of the pros to the packaging would be that a child would have trouble opening it. Not that it happens all the time, but sometimes children like putting things in their mouths and chew on whatever it is. The wrappers make it much harder for children to do compared to opening a pill bottle and swallowing a handful of the pills.

Another beneficial aspect is that they don't make much noise carrying it around like pills do. Pills shaking create a huge sound effect for people around to hear, and maybe make judgments. It is also very easy to carry in your pocket or in your wallet because it is very thin.

I'm not too sure of many other options, but the obvious one that comes to mind is the Listerine mouth strips container, or something similar. Personally I don't have too many complaints, but I have listed a lot of the pros and cons to the medication being a film and packaged individually in a wrapper.

It works fine for my current situation but what about yours? What is your opinion on the suboxone film packaging?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The films weren't around when I was on Sub, so I don't know about the packaging. Seems like there are pros and cons, huh?

I think we had a member who used to open a week's worth at once and stored them in a ziplock baggie because they were kind of a pain to open.

-Jack Kornfield